Can tourist get refund of Denver, CO Sales Tax ?

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Not the Karl Orff

Default Can tourist get refund of Denver, CO Sales Tax ?

In article ,
"Peter L" wrote:

Well, you can say whatever you want. But many California residents are
surprised when they return from oversea trips with purchases, and declare
them on their custom forms, only to receive a little notice from the
Franchise Tax Board for CA state tax.

A lot of out of state mail order firms, esp. the big ones that do a lot of
business in CA, are collecting CA sales tax.

Jutst avoid the onesthat do.
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Charles Hawtrey

"Carmen L. Abruzzi" crawled to the nearest
keyboard and summoned the courage to write:

California maintains that you are liable for your local (state plus
county/city) sales tax even when ordering from out of state.

As does every other state so far as I know. But I've never even heard
of anyone voluntarily paying sales tax not assessed (perhaps someone,
somewhere has done so). I'd guess that in this regard perhaps over
90% of the citizenry are tax scofflaws.

--
is guava a donut?
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Peter L

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter L" wrote:

Well, you can say whatever you want. But many California residents are
surprised when they return from oversea trips with purchases, and

declare
them on their custom forms, only to receive a little notice from the
Franchise Tax Board for CA state tax.

A lot of out of state mail order firms, esp. the big ones that do a lot

of
business in CA, are collecting CA sales tax.

Jutst avoid the onesthat do.

Becoming fewer and fewer.

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Not the Karl Orff

"Peter L" wrote:

Well, you can say whatever you want. But many California residents are
surprised when they return from oversea trips with purchases, and

declare
them on their custom forms, only to receive a little notice from the
Franchise Tax Board for CA state tax.

A lot of out of state mail order firms, esp. the big ones that do a lot

of
business in CA, are collecting CA sales tax.

Jutst avoid the onesthat do.

Becoming fewer and fewer.

Fin,e I'll just save my shopping until I am in Oregon and Delaware!