Holiday destinations in SPAIN

Old November 9th, 2003, 02:45 AM
NYC

Default Holiday destinations in SPAIN

Hi there,

My husband and I are celebrating our first anniversary at the end of
this year and wanted to make a holiday of it in Spain. We are looking
for information preferably about off the beaten track destinations in
Spain that would be ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations of
B&B's that are comfortable yet reasonably priced and in a convenient
location to look around the sights?
Any suggestions from those who have visited Barcelona (not off the
beaten track i know but still a place i would like to visit). Any must
see's?

Thanks...
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Deep Freud Moors

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:12:16 +0000, Reid
wrote:

Following up to NYC

Any suggestions from those who have visited Barcelona (not off the
beaten track i know but still a place i would like to visit). Any must
see's?

Why have you songled out Barcleona? Its a good place to visit for
Gaudi architecture and *Catalan* culture, but to me I see it come
up time and time again as a first choice for Spain, which IMO it
isnt..

I can't believe your spell checker has "songled" in it!
---
DFM
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Reid

Following up to NYC

--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Reid

Following up to Deep Freud Moors

Why have you songled out Barcleona? Its a good place to visit for
Gaudi architecture and *Catalan* culture, but to me I see it come
up time and time again as a first choice for Spain, which IMO it
isnt..

I can't believe your spell checker has "songled" in it!

Oh dear, what will magma say! IIRC I was called away and just hit
send and logged off.
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Cassie

As far as Barcelona goes, go get an Eyewitness Guide
guidebook........that series is just the best and there's one
specifically for Barcelona. There is soooo much to see and do in
this city.......it's definitely one of my favorites! Make sure you
do the Gaudi (gaudy!) "tour".......Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia and the
Park Guell are definitely the standouts. Other "do not miss"es are
the Cathedral, the Olympic park, Las Ramblas (the walking street) and
Marimagnum (a complex built for the Olympics that is on the water and
has LOTS of discos and restaurants). Oh and Port Vell (also a lot of
discos and restaurants).

The one thing about Barcelona is...........the street crime there is
rampant. Be VERY CAREFUL about where your money is kept at ALL
TIMES.

Go and enjoy! It's beautiful there, most people in the city speak
English, cabs are cheap, the food is great, and there's never a lack
of things to do.

Happy Anniversary!

Cassie

(and go get that guidebook.....really......it's the best.)