Southern Cal. coast

Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Lori K.

Default Southern Cal. coast

We have planned a two week trip through the Southwest and on to visit
friends in So. Cal. The one thing that has stumped us is finding a nice
place to stay one night along the coast - say around Carlsbad or South but
not San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked on the
internet but can't tell if the places are nice without being pricey!
Thanks.
Lori

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:03 PM
JohnT

"Lori K." wrote in message
. com...
We have planned a two week trip through the Southwest and on to visit
friends in So. Cal. The one thing that has stumped us is finding a nice
place to stay one night along the coast - say around Carlsbad or South but
not San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked on the
internet but can't tell if the places are nice without being pricey!
Thanks.
Lori

As a Northern European who often visits Southern California, I can highly
recommend the Blue Lantern Inn at Dana Point. See
http://www.foursisters.com/inns/bluelanterninn/

JohnT

Old May 5th, 2004, 05:19 AM
J-Man

"JohnT" wrote in message

"Lori K." wrote in message
. com...
We have planned a two week trip through the Southwest and on to visit
friends in So. Cal. The one thing that has stumped us is finding a nice
place to stay one night along the coast - say around Carlsbad or South

but
not San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked on the
internet but can't tell if the places are nice without being pricey!
Thanks.
Lori

As a Northern European who often visits Southern California, I can highly
recommend the Blue Lantern Inn at Dana Point. See
http://www.foursisters.com/inns/bluelanterninn/

JohnT

Dana Point is quite a bit NORTH of Carlsbad .... there are several cities
and a HUGE Marine Corps base in between!

There are many inexpensive (relatively) lodging choices in Carlsbad and
Encinitas. But it's hard to know what you're looking for when you say you
want "nice without being pricey." What's your definition of "nice," and
what's your definition of "pricey?"

You might want to check www.biddingfortravel.com for information on bidding
for places on Priceline; you can usually get great deals if you're willing
to prepay up front for an unnamed hotel (within a quality level you choose)
with no refunds permitted. Bidding for Travel also has lots of hotel
reviews. And many people seem to get 3* and 4* places in La Jolla at great
prices.

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Lori K.

Thank you both, I am checking out all suggestions!

Lori