Atlantis Submarine/Grand Cayman

Old September 12th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Brian Kelley

Default Atlantis Submarine/Grand Cayman

Anyone done this? Is it worth the $$? We have snorkeled and swam with the
stingrays 2xb4 so thought we would try something different. Thanks....BK

Old September 12th, 2003, 10:07 PM
\Van\ Van Doorne

Hi Brian

A friend traveling with us did that submarine several years ago and loved
it. She said it was well worth the $$.

Van in Texas

Old September 13th, 2003, 12:56 AM
RCM

We did it a few years ago. It is better than most small sub rides in that
there is a shelf in Grand Caymen and the sub dives down into it so you get
to go over 200 feet below the surface. Many other places the sub does not
even get below 100 feet. On the negative side, there is not much to see (no
wrecks or anything like that). So if you are a SCUBA diver this is not for
you. But if you are like me and only swim on the surface with a mask this
is a great do it once experience.

Old September 14th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article Uyq8b.326199$cF.97190@rwcrnsc53, "Brian Kelley"
wrote:

Anyone done this?

Yes.

Is it worth the $$? We have snorkeled and swam with the
stingrays 2xb4 so thought we would try something different. Thanks....BK

If you don't scuba dive, it's a great way to see what's beneath the first
20 feet.

I loved it and I've been on several Atlantis submarines in various ports,
but this was, so far, the best.

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who