MAASDAM

Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:09 AM
Leslie K. Pomeroy, Jr., Ph.D.

Default MAASDAM

My wife and I are planning to take a Carribean Cruise on the MAASDAM
this year.

Would appreciate very much any comments (pro and/or con) about the MAASDAM.

Les Pomeroy

Old May 24th, 2004, 12:32 AM
George Howarth

We did a eastern Caribbean cruise on the Massdam two years ago-very pleased
with food, service and overall layout of the ship. The ship did seem a bit
worn in some areas but nothing that would really detract from the cruise.
It was our first (and so far only ) HAL cruise but I would have to rate is
only a bit below Celebrity and a bit above Princess.

Old May 24th, 2004, 06:37 PM
John Chapman

We were on a short 7 dayer on the Maasdam last December. Frankly, our
hugely favourable opinion of HAL took a bit of a beating. For the
first time in my life, I considered the room steward so bad that I
undertipped him a bit. He may have gotten even though, because my
digital camera went missing from the room on the day of our
disembarkation. The food was OK, but some of the little extras we
used to enjoy on an HAL cruise were lacking or diminished. This is
more of a statement than a complaint, since we got a very good price
for this cruise and something had to give I suppose. However, the
wonderful chaises on the promenade deck were still there, a feature
sadly lacking on other ships. Would I give them another chance? In a
heartbeat! Have a great cruise and don't forget to post a review.
JOHN
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Leslie K. Pomeroy, Jr., Ph.D.

Thanks very much for the postings. Last cruise (earlier this year) was
on one of very large cruise ships. Among other problems, there was too
much waiting in line (for the elevator, at the restaurants, to get off
the ship, to get back on the ship, at the Purser's station, etc.) Based
on comments received about the MAASDAM, I think we will try it later
this year.

Old May 25th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Cygne 2003

Maasdam is a Holland's cheese, so ...
here is a list of non-smoking restaurants in Netherlands
http://www.smokefreeworld.com/neth.shtml
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Charles

In article , Cygne 2003
wrote:

Maasdam is a Holland's cheese, so ...
here is a list of non-smoking restaurants in Netherlands
http://www.smokefreeworld.com/neth.shtml

And Cygne is a pest.

PLONK

--
Charles
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Howie

Charles wrote:
In article , Cygne 2003
wrote:

Maasdam is a Holland's cheese, so ...
here is a list of non-smoking restaurants in Netherlands
http://www.smokefreeworld.com/neth.shtml

And Cygne is a pest.

PLONK

Major!