hawaii again

Old April 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default hawaii again

Dear friends.
The next August I will be in the U.S. and travel to Oahu one week and two
weeks in the South West.
Have already been to Oahu in 2008, but only for three days. So I would stay
one week.
Do you have any ideal tour to propose. My wife and I prefer the sea, but I
welcome all suggestions.
I thought to stay 5 days in Waikiki and 2 days from another part of the
island.
I will have a rental car. From Waikiki can reach many interesting places
with less than an hour.
Thanks to all.
Hi
Max

For the other 2 weeks I'm organizing, with the advice that I received.
I have already booked a weekend in Gallup in mid-August, for the Annual
Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial

Old April 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maurice ON4BAM

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:35:03 +0200, "to"
wrote:

[...]

Is there any special reason you want to stay in Waikiki? If not, there
are plenty of other places to stay. Kailua is only a short distance
from Honolulu. You can go see the whole of Oahu from 1 place, no need
to change locations.

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM http://www.on4bam.com/
Travelogues and Amateur radio
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Is there any special reason you want to stay in Waikiki? If not, there
are plenty of other places to stay. Kailua is only a short distance
from Honolulu. You can go see the whole of Oahu from 1 place, no need
to change locations.

I would like to remain on waikiki the evening after dinner until midnight.
Not attending night clubs, but a little life we like.
However I will give a look at your proposal.
Thank you
Max,
from Italy

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Apr 27, 11:35*am, "to" wrote:
[...]

Polynesian Cultural Center.
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

to wrote:
[...]

Some suggestions
================
If you've been to Oahu once, I would VERY MUCH strongly recommend going
to another island, especially if you have a week. There is so much to
see and do on The Big Island - beautiful beaches, nightlife in the
resorts, nature trails, the volcano, the Hawaiian botanical gardens,
rainbow falls, the boiling pots, the observatory visitors' center,
Parker ranch, Kahalu'u Bay, and on and on...

Or - Maui; with a drive on the Road to Hana, beaches, watching surfers
at Hookipa, Sea Aquarium, Haleakala, Iao Needle, and on and on,...

On Oahu, if you must stay there, spend time at the North Shore beaches -
swim, watch the surfers, Pali lookout, Hanauma Bay Beach
(beautiful)swimming and snorkeling, Dole plantation tour, Pearl Harbor
memorial tour, ...

Sawyer Nicknames - http://sawyer.xtreemhost.com/
Seinfeld Lists - http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"to" wrote in message
Dear friends.
The next August I will be in the U.S. and travel to Oahu one week and two
weeks in the South West.
Have already been to Oahu in 2008, but only for three days. So I would
stay one week.
Do you have any ideal tour to propose. My wife and I prefer the sea, but I
welcome all suggestions.
I thought to stay 5 days in Waikiki and 2 days from another part of the
island.
I will have a rental car. From Waikiki can reach many interesting places
with less than an hour.
Thanks to all.
Hi
Max

For the other 2 weeks I'm organizing, with the advice that I received.
I have already booked a weekend in Gallup in mid-August, for the Annual
Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial

Aloha. When you leave Waikiki, which I can certainly understand your
inclination to stay there, I would recommend Turtle Bay resort on the North
Shore of Oahu. It's out in the country, has a good beach, excellent golf
courses and tennis courts and is a short drive to, Shark's Cove (Pupukea
Beach Park), Waimea Bay and some other nice beaches as well as being a short
hop to Laie and the Polynesian Cultural Center. While nearby Sunset Beach
is probably the most popular, to me it's a mediocre beach compared to Waimea
Bay. My favorite beach is at Kahana Bay, though it's quicker to get there
from Waikiki than from Turtle Bay. If you do, however, go to Kahana Bay
from Turtle Bay, the drive is a beautiful one along the ocean shore a good
part of the way. A lot of people recommend Ko'olina which as spectacular
architecture but the surroundings aren't nearly as nice as Turtle bay's and
at certain times of the day, the drive to and from Koolina can be torture.
If you do go to Kahana Bay, you can eat at the nearby Crouching Lion on the
edge of Kahana Bay in Kaaawa and the Crouching Lion also has an art gallery.
You are invited to visit my Oahu Webpage for more information and activities
such as hiking where you'll find many photos of suggested hikes graded by
their difficulty. Bon Voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old April 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"to" wrote in message
Aloha!
Thank you Martin !!!

You're more than welcome! I forgot to include the URL to my Oahu webpage,
it's:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vOahu.html
Enjoy. KM