GOOD

Old June 18th, 2009, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
abdul qadir

Default GOOD

I love to go canada bec it is very cool place i love autm in canada
Old June 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
mikeos

abdul qadir wrote:
I love to go canada bec it is very cool place i love autm in canada

Bring your explosive vest.
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:17:20 -0700 (PDT), abdul qadir
wrote:

I love to go canada bec it is very cool place i love autm in canada

I moved to Canada in the summer of 1965 to go to graduate school
at McGill. My wife and I even got landed immigrant status. Lovely
place.

Then winter came. My wife asked me if I couldn't go to grad
school in a warmer climate. At the end of term we moved to Tucson
Arizona.

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Hatunen wrote:
I moved to Canada in the summer of 1965 to go to graduate school
at McGill....

Hey, I was there in 1965 in the UofT marching band - was at Mcgill for
a very wild and crazy football weekend in 1965 - maybe you saw me, third
trumpet player on the right ;-) ;-) Montreal's a great city (but not
in dead of winter)

Sawyer Nicknames - http://sawyer.xtreemhost.com/
Seinfeld Lists - http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
mikeos

TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:
Hatunen wrote:
I moved to Canada in the summer of 1965 to go to graduate school
at McGill....

Hey, I was there in 1965 in the UofT marching band - was at Mcgill for
a very wild and crazy football weekend in 1965 - maybe you saw me, third
trumpet player on the right ;-)

Yes, I remember you, you were playing sharp :-)
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:26:23 -0400, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:
I moved to Canada in the summer of 1965 to go to graduate school
at McGill....

Hey, I was there in 1965 in the UofT marching band - was at Mcgill for
a very wild and crazy football weekend in 1965 - maybe you saw me, third
trumpet player on the right ;-) ;-) Montreal's a great city (but not
in dead of winter)

In the mid-1960s Montreal was already going underground although
the Metro had not yet been built. A complex of shopping
concourses was under Place Ville Marie, as was the train station.
In winter Montreal can still be a great place.... If you're into
winter. We weren't.

I took a commuter train under Mount Royal to get to McGill, whose
main gate was only a long block from the exit from the
concourses. From the main gate it was a fairly short block to the
Physics Building. One morning it was so cold and blizzardy and
the snow so deep and not yet plowed that about halfway there I
feared I wasn't going to make it and they would find my thawing
body in the spring.

Old June 19th, 2009, 04:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

wrote:

..... Montreal's a great city (but not in dead of winter)

Hmmm -- dunno, we had one of the best New Year's Eves of our lives in Montreal a
few years back -- following an even better Christmas in Quebec City.

'Twas a tad chilly, I admit...

-- Larry
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
williepitt

wrote:

.... *Montreal's a great city (but not in dead of winter)

Hmmm -- dunno, we had one of the best New Year's Eves of our lives in Montreal a
few years back -- following an even better Christmas in Quebec City.

'Twas a tad chilly, I admit...

-- Larry

We had a TERRIBLE New Year's (sort of) day in Montreal on 1/2/06, when
1/1 was on Sunday. Not a single desirable restaurant was serving! We
ended up eating at Ben's Deli, which was great in its own way, but
still…

Then on the next day, I broke several ribs when I fell on the ice in
Ottawa. Bummer of a trip!