Fox car rental.

Old August 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_1_]

Default Fox car rental.

Hi there

I am just posting to see anyone out there has experience good or bad
with Fox Car Rental in Las Vegas. They seem to have the best rates,
but of course you sometimes get what you pay for. I also can't see why
there is a big difference in price between say Fox and say Hertz or
Avis. Is Hertz or Avis really that better that I should pay 2x or 3x
the price?

Thanks
Michael
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada

AGW wrote:
wrote:
Hi there

I am just posting to see anyone out there has experience good or bad
with Fox Car Rental in Las Vegas. They seem to have the best rates,
but of course you sometimes get what you pay for. I also can't see
why there is a big difference in price between say Fox and say Hertz
or Avis. Is Hertz or Avis really that better that I should pay 2x or
3x the price?

Thanks
Michael

Hi, Michael.

While I can't help you with experiences or opinions about Fox, I'd
suggest that you post this question at the alt.vacation.las-vegas
newsgroup. Lots of good help over there.

Hope this helps.

I've rented from Fox, and they're fine. The Las Vegas location is just off
the airport, and close to wherever you're headed. The last car I got there
was a Hyundai Sonata, and the only thing I didn't like was that the defeat
button for the alarm didn't work on the remote. I don't know if it was
broken or if Fox disabled it, but I spent an embarrassing 15 minutes in a
motel parking lot while that car honked away. I didn't particularly like
the Sonata as a car, but it was in fine condition when I picked it up, and
we did the whole canyon loop through Utah and Arizona without a hitch. I've
also rented from Fox in California and Phoenix a couple of times.

If there's a difference between them and the majors, it's that they're a
little slower at check-in, possibly not so computerized. If you inspect
your car before leaving, the guy will walk with you and mark any dings you
notice.

It's been a few years since I've been out that way, but after our first
experience with Fox I looked to see if they had an outlet where we were
headed, and rented from them when they did.

Keith

Old August 11th, 2009, 04:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:25:06 -0500 "K" wrote:

:AGW wrote:
: wrote:
[...]

In my experience, once you get the car to 30MPH or so the alarm turns off.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "defeat button".

: I didn't particularly like
:the Sonata as a car, but it was in fine condition when I picked it up, and
:we did the whole canyon loop through Utah and Arizona without a hitch. I've
:also rented from Fox in California and Phoenix a couple of times.

:If there's a difference between them and the majors, it's that they're a
:little slower at check-in, possibly not so computerized. If you inspect
:your car before leaving, the guy will walk with you and mark any dings you
:notice.

Yes. Alamo in LV appears to be the absolute slowest in my experience.

I have used FOX and it was fine.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com