CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

Old June 21st, 2009, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peg Caldwell-Ott

Default CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

I've crossed the North Atlantic 8 times in the early days, even on my
very first crossing in late November at the ripe old age of 2. I would
love to make even just one trip with a balcony--which did not exist in
the old days--more fun to be able to "sit with" the ocean at any time
of the day or night. And, yes, the QM2 or perhaps the QV would
certainly fit the bill at some point, but I think most of those
crossings (repositioning cruises for most lines) are during April or
October, when I am still in school. sigh Our next "big" trip is
scheduled for the summer of 2011 when we will finally take that long
awaited Baltic trip. For the time being, we are still content with
Bermuda and/or the Caribbean once (2009) or maybe even twice a year
(2010)! Better snorkeling!!

Peg

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:00:08 -0400, "Tom K"
wrote:

"Peg Caldwell-Ott" wrote in message
.. .

Ted Scull and Bill Miller are also fabulous on board lecturers on
various ships--and also write their own books and articles for various
crusing/"shippy" magazines. Definitely ship historian names to look
out for!!

Bestest,

Peg

You should look at a crossing on the QM2 one of these years... they've
actually had some decent rates the past 2 seasons. Much less expensive per
diem than their sailings within this side of the pond (like the Halifax/New
England sailings). That ship should really tickle your fancy. And no need
to spend on a balcony for a crossing, since the ocean isn't nice enough to
appreciate it anyway... so an inside or outside is fine for a crossing.

--Tom

Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mr Met 06

wrote:

"Peg Caldwell-Ott" wrote in message
.. .

Ted Scull and Bill Miller are also fabulous on board lecturers on
various ships--and also write their own books and articles for various
crusing/"shippy" magazines. *Definitely ship historian names to look
out for!!

Bestest,

Peg

You should look at a crossing on the QM2 one of these years... they've
actually had some decent rates the past 2 seasons. *Much less expensive per
diem than their sailings within this side of the pond (like the Halifax/New
England sailings). *That ship should really tickle your fancy. *And no need
to spend on a balcony for a crossing, since the ocean isn't nice enough to
appreciate it anyway... so an inside or outside is fine for a crossing.

--Tom

Hi Peg were you with the SSHSA ? I would have like to have met you . I
was on with the SSHSA .Will you be attending the Royal Princess visit
in august ?

Ken G.......
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peg Caldwell-Ott

Hi Ken,

Yes, we were on the TRIUMPH with the SSHSA group, and wondered if you
might be there--but we don't know what you look like yet!! VBG Derek
and I were the ones who were not quite as dressed up as the other
folks--shorts and nice "button down golf" shirts for both of us! Next
time we will know better to dress up a bit more!! Derek and I are
usually very easy to spot--he has a dark beard and both of us are
(ehem......) heavy set!! VBG

We just got our membership packet from Tom, so I will fill it in and
send it back tomorrow. I would imagine that if there is a ship visit
planned for the Royal Princess in August, we will be there! This is a
great way to see various ships, and since we have never sailed on
Princess either, it would be grand to have a tour of one of their
vessels! We will also know better to print out a deck plan before we
come--I was surprised that Carnival did not have one for us to peruse.

Bestest,

Peg

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mr Met 06

On Jun 22, 6:24*pm, Peg Caldwell-Ott wrote:
[...]

Hi Peg i think i saw you .And yes it"s a great way to see the ships .I
did a visit with them on the Noordam and the next week i booked it .I
miss out on the Peace boat ship visit .She will be here this Friday
for a few days !! It"s the former Home Lines Oceanic .The first ship
and cruise we did back in 1981 .That Visit is with World Ship port of
NY. We should meet on the Royal Princess.