NYC Macy's Fireworks Spectacular Info - Happy July 4th!

Old July 4th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Brian K

Default NYC Macy's Fireworks Spectacular Info - Happy July 4th!

Hi,

If you are visiting New York City today and want the Where and When and
Best Place to see the Macy's Fireworks here are some useful links:

Macy's - http://www.macys.com/campaign/fireworks/index.jsp If it
doesn't load use http://www.macys.com and navigate to Fireworks Info.

WNBC TV - 4 http://www.wnbc.com/index.html Listed Under "Top Stories
for Today Sunday July 4, 2004" For those unable to view the fireworks
in person, WNBC TV 4 will air them live on Ch 4 and also Webcast them.

Happy July 4th! :-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old July 5th, 2004, 03:51 PM

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:32:22 GMT, Brian K
wrote:
If you are visiting New York City today and want the Where and When and
Best Place to see the Macy's Fireworks here are some useful links:

That was a useful post and I'm sure that the locations it listed were
good. But I wonder if any listed what I sincerely believe was the best
location in terms of easy access and superb views?

I'm referring to the river deck of the Hyatt at Exchange Place in
Jersey City. The PATH station is perhaps a two minute walk from the
hotel, if that. From the end of the pier we could see all three
displays. For those who wanted a slightly elevated view and some
comfort, the hotel patio was open, compelete with music prior to the
show, and a bar, for a $10 cover charge and a some pricey booze. But
us groundlings all had great views and the venue was not as crowded as
it might have been.

The higher bursts from the northern barge in the East River were
visible, framed between the Empire State Building at 34th and the Met
Tower at 23rd. The East River display below the Brooklyn Bridge formed
a specatular backdrop to the lower Manhattan skyline, directly across
the river from us. And, of course, we had an excellent spot for the
barge off the Statue of Liberty.

It was clear that the thee displays are well co-ordinated with only
occasional breaks in the simultaneous bursts. I'm guessing that the
whole thing was controlled by one computer and that the few lapses
were due to malfunctions of individual shots.

Happy Birthday America . . . and keep in mind Jefferson's caution that
those would trade liberty for security will have neither. The
so-called Patriot Act (a phrase right out oif George Orwell) is more
dangerous, in the long run, than any terrorist.

CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info