Hawaii

Old December 19th, 2003, 12:17 AM
richard

Default Hawaii

Hi,I'm looking for last min deals,(airfair and hotel) to Hawaii. I
have never been there but want to get out of L.A. for Christmas. I
dont know one island from the other but I do want to get away from the
crowds,maybe rent a jeep and explore or eat a pineapple or two. Any
advice is appreciated.
Thanks,,
Richard
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Ken

richard wrote in
:
Hi,I'm looking for last min deals,(airfair and hotel) to Hawaii. I
have never been there but want to get out of L.A. for Christmas. I
dont know one island from the other but I do want to get away from the
crowds,maybe rent a jeep and explore or eat a pineapple or two.

Good luck. Christmas is the busiest tourist season in Hawaii. The airlines,
hotels, and rental car companies all up their prices for that week.

If you want to explore remote tropical villages in your jeep, try Costa Rica
or Vietnam.

Old December 19th, 2003, 06:07 AM
alohacyberian

"richard" wrote in message
Hi,I'm looking for last min deals,(airfair and hotel) to Hawaii. I
have never been there but want to get out of L.A. for Christmas. I
dont know one island from the other but I do want to get away from the
crowds,maybe rent a jeep and explore or eat a pineapple or two. Any
advice is appreciated.
Thanks,,
Richard

Getting last minute airline tickets into our out of Hawaii from Thanksgiving
to January 2nd is nigh on impossible and you will probably have to fly first
class if you are lucky enough to find a seat on a redeye. Accommodations can
be had, but, there are few bargains at this time of year unless you are
willing to stay in a timeshare or bed and breakfast. The problem will be air
transportation, that is getting round trip tickets, everything else will be
available, but, nothing at bargain prices. Should you be lucky enough to get
a ticket, you are invited to visit my Hawaii webpages which have links to
accomodations, ground transporation, bed and breakfast locations and points
of interest as well as things to do at: http://hawaii.home.att.net/ - where
you'll find no advertising, no pop-ups, no cookies and nothing for sale. Good
luck! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old December 19th, 2003, 01:52 PM
DiggerDog

Just don't eat the pineapples!
The suggestion about Costa Rica is a good one if you have a
passport.

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Stefan Patric

On Thursday 18 December 2003 16:17, richard wrote:

Hi,I'm looking for last min deals,(airfair and hotel) to Hawaii. I
have never been there but want to get out of L.A. for Christmas. I
dont know one island from the other but I do want to get away from the
crowds,maybe rent a jeep and explore or eat a pineapple or two. Any
advice is appreciated.

www.pleasantholidays.com seems to have the best deals -- high or low
season -- to Hawaii (and other places) of any tour company. Their main
departure cities for Hawaii are LAX and SFO via ATA (www.ata.com)
airlines.

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group

Old December 20th, 2003, 03:41 AM

word of caution

locals consider tourists as fair game to be liberated of any
and all of their belongings

make sure it is duct-taped to your body

bet they tell you that in the tourist books

bill

Old December 20th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Brian

richard wrote:

So much for that idea,like I said I know nothing about it,,,maybe
Prague?

If you want to wait until Valentine's Day this might give you some
ideas.
http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id...p2=pi6%3D21030
Old December 20th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Jack

wrote in message
word of caution

locals consider tourists as fair game to be liberated of any
and all of their belongings

make sure it is duct-taped to your body

bet they tell you that in the tourist books

bill

It's not that bad, just came back from Honolulu and nobody tried to steal
anything (maybe I was lucky)
Just beware of men with parrots in Waikiki, if you look at them they put
parrots on your shoulders and offer to take picture of you with your camera
and then ask for donation of $10.
If you don't want to pay that just keep walking when they put parrot on your
shoulder and they'll take it back.