Hawaii

Old December 21st, 2003, 06:44 AM
alohacyberian

Default Hawaii

wrote in message
Total and complete BULLSH*T!!

yes i agree, crime against anyone is bull****

but

tell it to the local paper, would they lie?

The newspaper article you reference certainly doesn't even come close to
making the statement that all local in Hawaii consider the belongings of
tourists to be fair game, nor does it even hint, as the original author
stated, that people must duct take all belongings to their bodies for fear of
having them stolen. The original assertions was gross overstatement and you
are attempting the same thing, but, posting a link to a newspaper article
that does not corroborate your exaggerations. Or are you just another
"hate-Hawaii troll" trying to get some attention? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old December 21st, 2003, 09:48 AM
Icono Clast

wrote:
crime against anyone is bull****

but

tell it to the local paper, would they lie?

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz02a.html

want other information? try google, "hawaii tourist crime"

i know first hand, i had about $4000 worth of stuff liberated from me
and ruined an otherwise beautiful two weeks. and it was a low
priority on the police's agenda.

What you do NOT know is who took your stuff. It could have been a
fellow tourist, perhaps your neighbor on the next block. It could have
been someone from anywhere else on Earth who, as you, was visiting
Hawaii. And, of course, it could have been a local. You just don't
know and so do the cops.

I travel without valuables or much cash; that's what travellers'
cheques and/or AT machine cards are for. Yes, the photos in the camera
are of incalculable value as are things such as museum memberships,
licenses to drive, and passports. Thanks to this medium, we can have
access to their details whither on Earth we be. For those of us who
are rich enough to travel, things are really quite good.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old December 21st, 2003, 10:45 AM
alohacyberian

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states

I'm curious. Which one have you missed? KM

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:32 AM
Icono Clast

"alohacyberian" wrote:
"Icono Clast" wrote
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states

I'm curious. Which one have you missed? KM

About two years ago, it was "48 of 50 US states" and then I visited
Maine. When I visit the remaining state, I'll let you know which it
was. Many have asked, none has been told.

A friend of mine says "There is no such place. Ever been there? Know
anyone who's been there? Know anyone from there? Nah, doesn't exist!"
But he names a couple of famous people who come from there.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:51 PM
alohacyberian

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
"alohacyberian" wrote:
"Icono Clast" wrote
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states

I'm curious. Which one have you missed? KM

About two years ago, it was "48 of 50 US states" and then I visited
Maine. When I visit the remaining state, I'll let you know which it
was. Many have asked, none has been told.

A friend of mine says "There is no such place. Ever been there? Know
anyone who's been there? Know anyone from there? Nah, doesn't exist!"
But he names a couple of famous people who come from there.

Start packing! You can't keep the world in supsense forever. And if you get
there and it doesn't really exist, let us know to save us the trip! :-) KM

Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:07 AM
Stefan Patric

On Monday 22 December 2003 01:32, Icono Clast wrote:

"alohacyberian" wrote:
"Icono Clast" wrote
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states

I'm curious. Which one have you missed? KM

About two years ago, it was "48 of 50 US states" and then I visited
Maine. When I visit the remaining state, I'll let you know which it
was. Many have asked, none has been told.

A friend of mine says "There is no such place. Ever been there? Know
anyone who's been there? Know anyone from there? Nah, doesn't exist!"
But he names a couple of famous people who come from there.

Delaware. Been there.

44 of 50, myself.

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group

Old December 24th, 2003, 05:49 PM
News Server

Kauai's the place to be for that. Start here

www.kayakers.com

"richard" wrote in message
Hi,I'm looking for last min deals,(airfair and hotel) to Hawaii. I
have never been there but want to get out of L.A. for Christmas. I
dont know one island from the other but I do want to get away from the
crowds,maybe rent a jeep and explore or eat a pineapple or two. Any
advice is appreciated.
Thanks,,
Richard

Old December 25th, 2003, 06:10 AM
alohacyberian

"News Server" wrote in message
Kauai's the place to be for that. Start here

For more information regarding Kauai - you are invited to visit my Kauai
webpage at: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vKauai.html - where you will
find no advertising, no pop-ups, no cookies and nothing for sale. KM

Old January 5th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Bob Myers

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
curious. Which one have you missed? KM

About two years ago, it was "48 of 50 US states" and then I visited
Maine. When I visit the remaining state, I'll let you know which it
was. Many have asked, none has been told.

A friend of mine says "There is no such place. Ever been there? Know
anyone who's been there? Know anyone from there? Nah, doesn't exist!"
But he names a couple of famous people who come from there.

Obviously, then, it's either Idaho or North Dakota.

Bob M.