Passport Question???

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Just Dickie

Default Passport Question???

Greetings All,

This is a first time post to this group.

Just curious, I am a US citizen that will be applying for a first passport
tomorrow or next Tuesday. I am going to pay for the expedited service
($60.00 extra) which is supposed to hurry my passport back to me within 2
weeks. I am only 5.5 hours away from the Chicago office where I was told by
the US Passport hotline my application would be going. Is it going to take
the entire 2 weeks to get my passport back? Is the passport office kind of
hit and miss as far as sticking to their estimated return times? I have
talked to some people who have not even paid the expedition fees and
received their passport back in less than a week and even a couple people
that paid the the expedition fees and it took a month or so to get it.

Does anyone know of a quicker way to get a passport without paying insane
charges to some 3rd party company???

Thanks In Advance, Just Dickie

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Go Fig

In article gfole.11599$IC6.8186@attbi_s72, Just Dickie
wrote:

[...]

Go to the Passport office w/ a International air ticket.... 24/48hrs $$$

jay
Thu May 26, 2005

Thanks In Advance, Just Dickie

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Just Dickie

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have clarified a little better in the first post. That's my fault.
I really am not able to travel to Chicago. Is there know way to speed the
passport along without paying one of the 3rd party companies or driving 5 -
6 hours to Chicago?

I've read about getting my local US Senator or US Representative involved
once I send the application off to speed it along but didn't know if it
actually would help speed the whole process up. Any ideas or opinions on
this from anyone?

Just Dickie

Old May 26th, 2005, 10:03 PM

I am going to pay for the expedited service
($60.00 extra) which is supposed to hurry my passport back to me within 2
weeks. I am only 5.5 hours away from the Chicago office where I was told
by the US Passport hotline my application would be going. Is it going to
take the entire 2 weeks to get my passport back?

I have heard of no one in the last three years that has waited more than
10-11 days to receive their passport via normal channels.

You could call the Chicago office and try to wheedle an off-the-record
answer to your question.

Ours took 11 calendar days....Kentucky to the New Orleans PP office and
return.

I think there is even a place online, or a phone number that you can call to
check the status once you have filed your application. I remember doing
that and being told that our applications were already processed and our
PP's were in the mail.

BTW, many Post Offices now offer to take your photos. Ours gets $12.00,
which is 60% of what a local photograper gets.

Old May 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
pltrgyst

On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:30:31 GMT, "Just Dickie"
wrote:

I should have clarified a little better in the first post. That's my fault.
I really am not able to travel to Chicago. Is there know way to speed the
passport along without paying one of the 3rd party companies or driving 5 -
6 hours to Chicago?

I've read about getting my local US Senator or US Representative involved
once I send the application off to speed it along but didn't know if it
actually would help speed the whole process up. Any ideas or opinions on
this from anyone?

So you're too stupid to anticipate your travel needs, especially in
this era of high security -- and to aggravate the situation, you're
screwing around between now and next Tuesday submitting your
application while you canvas a USEnet group?

And you'd have the gall to try to waste some of a Senator's or
Congressman's staff time to try to save a couple if days on the normal
processing of your passport application?

What a typical low-end, self-centered American piece of garbage.

That's my polite commentary.

-- Larry

Old May 26th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Just Dickie

Hey Larry,

Actually my Stepfather and Mother live in Germany because my
Stepfather is Active Duty US Air Force. My Stepfather just happens to be
deployed in Iraq fighting in a war (you might have heard about it) and my
mother has to have surgery (an amputation due to her advanced diabetes she
has been dealing with for years) and instead of the USAF pulling my
Stepfather out of Iraq, I offered to go over and help take care of my Mother
when she is released from the hospital. I didn't feel the need to air my
personal business in the original posts.

It will never cease to amaze me that how the jackasses
(Larry this is you) that are probably afraid to even say hello to a pretty
girl at the office or have a face to face verbal conversation are so quick
to start the flames a blazin' whenever someone asks a simple question on a
newsgroup posting.

Larry, that's MY polite commentary... as polite as I could
be given the blatant attack on me and albeit, my unknown situation. Larry,
why didn't you just ask "Hey, If you don't mind me asking, why are you in
such a hurry?" I would've been more than happy to let you and everyone else
know.

SO LARRY, SCREW OFF!!!!

Just a typical low-end, self-centered American piece of garbage that's
trying to help my parents that I love and care for very much... kind of an
oxy-moron, huh -- Just Dickie

Old May 26th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Just Dickie

Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience with the Passport folks. I
will try to contact my Chicago office and go from there.

Just Dickie

Old May 26th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Jim Logajan

pltrgyst wrote:
So you're too stupid to anticipate your travel needs,

Did the bloke run over your cat? Why the hostility?

Family and business emergencies can't be anticipated, and unless stated
otherwise, that's what you should assume. Furthermore, in the original post
the person was told by some people that their passports took as much as a
month to arrive. That's long enough that only well planned vacations are
likely to survive the delay and some concern over timeliness is
understandable.

What a typical low-end, self-centered American piece of garbage.

That's my polite commentary.

A typical low-end, self-centered excuse to be a flaming troll.

Old May 27th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Just Dickie

Actually, No, I don't want him to stay there. His life is in danger every
single minute of every day but, on the same hand, his job is keeping America
and it's people safe and free. I personally don't agree with us or anyone
other than the Iraqis being in Iraq, but that still doesn't change the fact
that we (Most importantly my Dad) are there and we will be there until there
is some sense of safety and most importantly, freedom, liberty and
democracy. That's us crazy Americans for ya... Most of us are willing to do
anything for our people's freedom and we will help other land's people do
anything for theirs.

I have the utmost respect for anyone in any Military service in any free
nation even if I don't agree with a lot of things about the respective
government.

God Bless America and Everywhere Else, Just Dickie

"Rita" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:07:11 GMT, "Just Dickie"

wrote:

Hey Larry,

Actually my Stepfather and Mother live in Germany because
my
Stepfather is Active Duty US Air Force. My Stepfather just happens to be
deployed in Iraq fighting in a war (you might have heard about it) and my
mother has to have surgery (an amputation due to her advanced diabetes she
has been dealing with for years) and instead of the USAF pulling my
Stepfather out of Iraq, I offered to go over and help take care of my
Mother
when she is released from the hospital. I didn't feel the need to air my
personal business in the original posts.

I'd think it would be wonderful for your stepfather to get out of Iraq,
even if just for a leave. Did you want him to stay there? Poor man.

Old May 27th, 2005, 01:56 AM
jcoulter

Rita wrote in
:

God Bless America and Everywhere Else, Just Dickie

Well, I for one don't believe for a minute the Iraq war is
keeping me safe and free and I hate to see all the young
lives being lost there. I'd be happy for anyone of our
service people who could get out of there, even briefly.

Amen. If we all support every military operation designed to protect our
freedoms we will end up in a military dictatorship with no freedom shouting
slogans like War is Peace and Love is Hate