Passport Question???

Old May 27th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Doug McDonald wrote:

Rita wrote:

I was not debating you, simply stating my opinion.
But so long as this war persists, expect that many,
many are not happy campers. We don't see the situation
as you do -- not even close. And I feel deeply for our
troops who are dying by the day, and just as deeply
disgusted with the rah rah stuff from those who
choose to support this unnecessary adventure in Iraq.

I am far more disgusted with people like you who don't worry about the
3000 people ALL INNOCENT SAVE 19 OF THEM ... killed on Sept. 11, 2001,
and worry about how ewe can guarantee, as best we can, that it will
never happen again. That guarantee cannot be obtained by doing
nothing, and "diplomacy" is nothing. It can only be done by
ging to where the source of evil is and rooting it out. That ius
what we are doing.

Remember that every death ... be is an American soldier,
a contractor abducted and beheaded by ISlamic terrorists,
one of the terrorists or their sympathizers themselves,
or an ordinary Afghan or Iraqi caught in the crossfire,
owes that deathe to the evil forces of Islam and
islamic fundamentalism. We in the US merely respond to
the attack on us. Israelis respond to teh attack on them.
The blame lies in Islam.

Doug McDonald

I am also concerned by the deaths of the poor folks lost on Shrub's
magical adventure. An adventure into a place with no history of
involvement in long range terrorism, no involvement in 9/11 (unlike
shrubs buddies in saudi) and a major target of the folks sponsoring 9/11.

As to the involvement of Islam some are involved and some are not. The
fairly secular folks in Iraq were not. The right wing nuts in Saudi
certainly were. Did the neo cons just get lost or are they
geographically and politically challenged?

Old May 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM
gman99

I am far more disgusted with people like you who don't worry about the
3000 people ALL INNOCENT SAVE 19 OF THEM ... killed on Sept. 11, 2001,
and worry about how ewe can guarantee, as best we can, that it will
never happen again. That guarantee cannot be obtained by doing
nothing, and "diplomacy" is nothing. It can only be done by
ging to where the source of evil is and rooting it out. That ius
what we are doing.

Curious...do you think attacking countries in the middle east will make
fewer enemies from these countries or MORE enemies ?? Do you think the
fanatics are having a harder or EASIER time recruiting and training
terrorits ?? Actually, Georgie boy is doing the world of terrorism a
HUGE favor by supplying a never ending supply of targets that the
terrorists do not have to travel anywhere to kill !! The terrrorists do
not care WHERE they kill Americans as long as they can kill Americans.
Well...Georgie has seen to it that there is a steady stream of American
boys and girls placed in harm's way...easy pickings for the extremists.

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Just Dickie

Rita, you are missing my entire point. The soldiers that are there in Iraq
or any foreign war are doing exactly what the people on one of the planes
from 9/11 had done (The one that crashed in a field in PA, USA due to a
group of brave passengers revolting against their evil oppressors). They are
protecting their well-being and right to live as well as the lives and
well-being of other humans.

Rita, You being a New Yorker, let me ask you a question. If you were given
the choice to put your life on the line for a chance at saving all of the
people that perished in the World Trade Center and Pentagon as well as the
flight over PA that crashed, WOULD YOU DO IT? Well, that's what people that
join the military forces here in the good ol' USA make the choice to do
every day. US military puts their life on the line every day to protect
fellow Americans as well as people that our elected officials deem necessary
to assist.

Basically, if you don't like the way that our country is ran and our
military is used than you have three choices, 1) vote for and help other
voters see your views so they too will vote for different legislative and
executive branches of our US government OR 2) find some other way to shake
things up enough to make the powers that be take notice so their respective
stance will change OR 3) JUST LEAVE... There are plenty of countries to live
in that are willing to take on political refugees. None as willing as the
USA but hey, this place is horrible anyway right.

Rita, I never would've guessed that you, one person, could turn a simple
question about obtaining a US Passport into a multi-person rant about yours
as well as other's anti-Bush/anti-war beliefs. Instead of complaining about
the fact that we shouldn't be there, do something about it. Write your
congressman, coordinate a rally, something, anything besides bad mouthing
soldiers and the military. If you cared about the soldiers there are other
ways to help them other than griping that they shouldn't be there, which I
personally agree with. The fact still stands that we have fellow Americans
over there and we should support them as individuals as much as possible.

How many care packages have been sent in yours or your families name???

Just Dickie

"Rita" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:01:55 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Doug McDonald wrote:

Rita wrote:

[...]

I am a New Yorker and of course 9/11 was a tragedy. But Iraq
didn't cause 9/11, it was Osama Bin Laden who still is loose.
Not all Muslims are terrorists and to think that is to fail to
zero in on the problem. Had Bush pursued Bin Laden to the ends
of the earth, I would have heartily applauded him. He seems to
have lost interest because he had the Iraqi adventure in mind
all along. There is plenty of evidence that supports this view.

I can understand those with loved ones stationed in Iraq having to
justify the danger they face there by believing it is a meaningful
involvement for the U.S. I think that is the case with this poster.
It is hard to face the fact that your loved one is fighting in a
pointless war, as was the case with Viet Nam also.

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Hank Sniadoch

Just Dickie wrote:
Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience with the Passport folks. I
will try to contact my Chicago office and go from there.

Just Dickie

wrote in message

I am going to pay for the expedited service

($60.00 extra) which is supposed to hurry my passport back to me within 2
weeks. I am only 5.5 hours away from the Chicago office where I was told
by the US Passport hotline my application would be going. Is it going to
take the entire 2 weeks to get my passport back?

I have heard of no one in the last three years that has waited more than
10-11 days to receive their passport via normal channels.

You could call the Chicago office and try to wheedle an off-the-record
answer to your question.

Ours took 11 calendar days....Kentucky to the New Orleans PP office and
return.

I think there is even a place online, or a phone number that you can call
to check the status once you have filed your application. I remember
doing that and being told that our applications were already processed and
our PP's were in the mail.

BTW, many Post Offices now offer to take your photos. Ours gets $12.00,
which is 60% of what a local photograper gets.

Our Wegman's supermarket charges $8 for passport photos.
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article 5GIle.14164$IC6.13466@attbi_s72,
"Just Dickie" wrote:

things up enough to make the powers that be take notice so their respective
stance will change OR 3) JUST LEAVE... There are plenty of countries to live
in that are willing to take on political refugees. None as willing as the
USA but hey, this place is horrible anyway right.

That's a laugh. What koolaid have you been fed?

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:48 PM
gman99

John H wrote:
Rita said her relatives in Iraq were thus:
"his job is keeping America
and it's people safe and free".

That is a load of crap, bigtime!.

Keeping USA safe and free is a state of mind of which "you lot" in US
have a phobia , that borders on the insanity.

The strange thing is...there are still more people dying in the streets
of America EVERY DAY then are being killed in war zones around the
world. The government ONLY cares when an American is killed by an
extremist...they couldn't care less if they're killed by dope dealing
pimps or other grease ball cowards. The war is nothing more than a
distraction from domestic affairs, something shrub has NO interest in
dealing with nor does he even understand.

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:48 PM
PTravel

[...]

Sorry, but I think Rita IS doing something about it, by raising the issue
for public discussion. One of the truly horrible things that has come out
of the recent election and the rise of right-wing pundits on talk radio is a
belief that, "The Left lost, so they should just shut up." In the US,
political speech is valued more than any other form of speech and is a core
value of the First Amendment. We need to talk about these things.

I applaud Rita for bringing up the issue in a calm and rational way, and
encourage everyone to engage in civil discussion about it. You don't have
to participate in the discussion if you don't want to, but I don't agree
with discouraging those who do.