Vegas - drive to Pebble Beach - Yosemite - back to Vegas - opinions ?

Old April 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Gas prices

On 2006-04-05 01:23:55 -0400, "Blackjack" said:

Also it's not so
much that gas prices have gone higher but that the value of the US
dollar has declined in value over the last 5 years while this imbecile
has been in office.

Come on! Get real. The dollar has been declining in value since at
least World War II, which is as far back as I can remember. During the
Nixon years, it declined in value MUCH faster than it's doing now.

Much of what you say is true, but don't blame it all on the dollar.

Old April 6th, 2006, 06:49 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada

"Blackjack" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Well, I'm sure I hate Dubya as much as you do (at least), but I can't
blame gas prices on him."

Of course you can. If it wasn't for the Iraq war which took Iraqi crude
off the the world market gas prices would be lower. A

On the contrary, they would be higher; prior to the allied invasion, Iraq's
oil production was limited and was earmarked only for certain countries;
I'm not sure if Canada was one of them, but, the United States was one of
them. Iraq's oil exports have increased since the invasion, thereby
lowering the price of oil. The major increase in consumption of oil has
been because of China's demands. And their needs will increase
exponentially in the near future, so it won't matter who is president of the
United States, petroleum products in the U.S. will continue to escalate in
price as long as China continues to increase imports of oil. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old April 6th, 2006, 08:55 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Gas prices - OOPS!

"Alohacyberian" wrote in message
"Blackjack" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Well, I'm sure I hate Dubya as much as you do (at least), but I can't
blame gas prices on him."

Of course you can. If it wasn't for the Iraq war which took Iraqi crude
off the the world market gas prices would be lower. A

On the contrary, they would be higher; prior to the allied invasion,
Iraq's oil production was limited and was earmarked only for certain
countries; I'm not sure if Canada was one of them, but, the United States
was NOT one of them. Iraq's oil exports have increased since the
invasion, thereby lowering the price of oil. The major increase in
consumption of oil has been because of China's demands. And their needs
will increase exponentially in the near future, so it won't matter who is
president of the United States, petroleum products in the U.S. will
continue to escalate in price as long as China continues to increase
imports of oil. KM

THAT SHOULD HAVE READ THAT THE UNITED STATES WAS NOT ONE OF THE COUNTRIES
THAT OBTAINED OIL FROM IRAQ DURING THE UNITED NATIONS SANCTIONS PRIOR TO THE
ALLIED INVASION. KM

Old April 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada

"Iraq's oil exports have increased since the invasion, thereby
lowering the price of oil."

Virtually every measure of the performance of Iraq's oil, electricity,
water and sewerage sectors has fallen below preinvasion values even
though $16 billion of American taxpayer money has already been
disbursed in the Iraq reconstruction program, several government
witnesses said at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on
Wednesday.--NYT Feb 9, 2006