WHAM's Joe Pagliarulo Hot about Toronto Star's Slinger anti-Rochester article

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:10 PM
RocPic.Com

Default WHAM's Joe Pagliarulo Hot about Toronto Star's Slinger anti-Rochester article

I had on WHAM 1180 AM Rochester NY (50,000 Watts to Toronto) today, and the topic
of the Mr. Slinger's anti-Rochester article for the www.thestar.com Toronto Star
came up as a topic, So I gave a call in support of the Fast Ferry. Joe is new to
Rochester, replacing the recently fired Bob Lonnseberry. Joe is demanding that Mr.
Slinger call WHAM and answer for his words... Unless there is bigger news, the
anti-Rochester article will be a hot topic on Wednesdays show from 11 AM - 2 PM

I hope people will call from Toronto also.

WHAM (585) 222=1180

http://wham1180.com/main.html

Enjoy.
Slinger's column usually appears Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...t/Article_Type
1&c=Article&cid=1067033408642&call_pageid=96833218 8492

ron_m

http://rocpic.com
Rochester NY Weather Web Cams, Photo Archive, Radio, News, Chat

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Peter L

Does anyone actually care about traveling to Rochester?

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...r/Layout/Artic

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Woodswun

In article , "Peter L" wrote:
Does anyone actually care about traveling to Rochester?

Rochester doesn't exactly make it easy to be a traveler there. I've been there
a couple of time, but unless I'm with people who are very familiar with the
area, there's no way I could find another restaurant if the one I was interested
in was full. They don't seem to put their hotels next to anything - bizarre!

Woods
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:27 PM
RocPic.Com

Rochester doesn't exactly make it easy to be a traveler there. I've been

there
a couple of time, but unless I'm with people who are very familiar with the
area, there's no way I could find another restaurant if the one I was

interested
in was full. They don't seem to put their hotels next to anything - bizarre!

Woods

If you are posting here, you must be wise enough to know that the info
you seek is at your finger tips...

I checked the Rochester online phone book via

http://www.frontierpages.com

for the "Restaurant" catagorey and came back with over 1100 entries

http://google.com pointed me to the phone super pages with 420 entries

http://phonebook.superpages.com/yell...NY/T-Rochester

Like all cities, Rochester does have areas where food and entertainment
are concentrated. Lots of places to eat in the heart of the city, an
abundacne south of main street and east of the Genesee River East Ave,
Park Ave, Monroe Ave....

Stay in a hotel IN the city... there is food all over the place....

ron_m

http://rocpic.com

Rochester NY Weather Web Cams, Photo Archive, Radio, News, Chat, etc ...

Old October 29th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Defender of Enormous Manhood

"RocPic.Com" wrote in message

I had on WHAM 1180 AM Rochester NY (50,000 Watts to Toronto) today, and

the topic
of the Mr. Slinger's anti-Rochester article for the www.thestar.com

Toronto Star
came up as a topic, So I gave a call in support of the Fast Ferry. Joe is

new to
Rochester, replacing the recently fired Bob Lonnseberry. Joe is demanding

that Mr.
Slinger call WHAM and answer for his words... Unless there is bigger

news, the
anti-Rochester article will be a hot topic on Wednesdays show from 11 AM -

2 PM

I hope people will call from Toronto also.

WHAM (585) 222=1180

http://wham1180.com/main.html

Well there you go, the fast ferry just doesn't make it as news in a city the
size of Toronto.
Is 50,000 watts enough to get across the lake? Slinger likes to write tongue
in cheek articles, so if you guys are taking this Toronto Star columnist
seriously, there is another reason why it's something to laugh about.

Now look, I am sure it is BIG news in Rochester, but in Toronto it's just a
topic of amusement....and that is all Slinger's columns are meant for -
amusement!

Old October 29th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Phreddy Phlintstone

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:10:19 GMT, (RocPic.Com)
wrote:

I had on WHAM 1180 AM Rochester NY

Another ClearChannel computer programmed piece of crap. Don't they
have any real radio stations to listen to there?

(50,000 Watts to Toronto)

Do you really think anyone up there listens?

today, and the topic
of the Mr. Slinger's anti-Rochester article for the
www.thestar.com Toronto Star
came up as a topic, So I gave a call in support of the Fast Ferry. Joe is new to
Rochester, replacing the recently fired Bob Lonnseberry.

I bet Joe does the show via the phone from his house in Niskayuna:
http://www.wrgb.com/tv6info/peopleat6/peopleat6.asp?Selection=Joe_Pagliarulo

Joe is demanding that Mr. Slinger call WHAM and answer for his words...

I thought the article was quite amusing.

Unless there is bigger news,

Only someone from Rochester would consider it news.

the anti-Rochester article

I saw it as more of a anti-fast ferry to Nowheresville, NY article.
I'm with him, I'd rather go to Gitmo.

will be a hot topic on Wednesdays show from 11 AM - 2 PM

Sorry to hear you don't have real news out there.

I hope people will call from Toronto also.

Probably just the ones who moved there from Rochester so they could
find a good job.

WHAM (585) 222=1180

http://wham1180.com/main.html

Enjoy.
Slinger's column usually appears Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...t/Article_Type
1&c=Article&cid=1067033408642&call_pageid=9683321 88492

Placing URL's in brackets usually works well at making them clickable
but since you don't want to listen to some constructive criticism
about your website you probably won't do it in the futu
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1067033408642&call_pag eid=968332188492

Phreddy
--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
Old October 29th, 2003, 06:46 AM
T. Kirk

"Defender of Enormous Manhood" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

"RocPic.Com" wrote in message

[...]

Just shows how gullible our neighbors to the south have become.

I am glad we still have free speech here in Canada.
If you are so interested on what the star publishes then comment
on the article below. Doesn't it make you weep what is happening
to your so-called free speech and freedom of expression under your
current leadership.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...1006945&call_p
ageid=1038394944805&col=1038394944443

J.Kirk

Old October 29th, 2003, 04:03 PM
RocPic.Com

I am glad we still have free speech here in Canada.
If you are so interested on what the star publishes then comment
on the article below. Doesn't it make you weep what is happening
to your so-called free speech and freedom of expression under your
current leadership.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con.../Layout/Articl

e_Type1&c=Article&cid=1067121006945&call_p
ageid=1038394944805&col=1038394944443

J.Kirk

Not at all, I am happy that you are able to freely communicate this story,
and that the world is able to witness Democracy at work... America is not a
place free of abuse of power, what nation is? But, we have a system that
allows for abuse to be aired publicly like dirty laundry, isn't it wonderful?

You know, the U.S. and it's allies reamin targets with open wounds, The level
of freedoms enjoyed in the U.S. swings to extremes, have we seen the most
repressive measures yet? Still, ultimately, the voices of the people will be
heard, but will we ever be as free as we ever were, sadly, no.

ron_m

http://rocpic.com
Rochester NY Weather Web Cams, News, Radio, Chat, Photos, Videos, etc ...

Old October 29th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Shane P. Brady

....this coming from the country where Coast to Coast AM was recently
pulled off the air because a guest held politically incorrect views on
Islam.

Lets not forget the CBSC: http://cbsc.ca

Just read some of the complaints and the wackiness that has ensued.

BTW, what does this have to do with "free speech"? There is no one saying
Singer doesn't have the right to say what he said, just that they want to confront him
straight up. That's not infringing on his freedom of expression. It's
called debate.

Old October 30th, 2003, 02:14 AM
-bithead-

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:46:49 GMT, "T. Kirk" wrote:

Just shows how gullible our neighbors to the south have become.

I am glad we still have free speech here in Canada.

Really?

You might want to ask Canadian Bloggers if hate crimes laws don't
effect what they bog.

---*

BitHead's Place: Political commentary from the REAL world.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bitheads
Also available at: http://www.rightpoint.org/stateside.html

Before you preach tolerance, THINK
Those who tolerate *everything*, stand for *nothing*
What do YOU stand for?
-
My Vote: Democrats just don't get it