Mariner of the Seas/ 1-18 1-25, A Crown and Anchor Member Cruise

Old January 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
DaFlaBear

Default Mariner of the Seas/ 1-18 1-25, A Crown and Anchor Member Cruise

We just returned yesterday from the Mariner. It is another wonderful
Voyager Class ship.
A Crown and Anchor Member Cruise IS quite special, particularily for
Platinum and Diamond members.
I won't post a long review, I'll simply open the floor for questions. If
any!

Old January 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
D Ball

(DaFlaBear) wrote:
We just returned yesterday from the Mariner. It is another wonderful
Voyager Class ship.
A Crown and Anchor Member Cruise IS quite special, particularily for
Platinum and Diamond members.
I won't post a long review, I'll simply open the floor for questions. If
any!

Welcome back. Glad to hear you enjoyed the latest, greatest Eagle-class ship!
We had fun on the Mariner, too. That cruise boosted us to Platinum status
for the next one w/ RCI. So, yes, if you'd care to describe the benefits
for Platinum (and I'm sure others would like to hear what Diamond members
enjoy) on a Crown & Anchor members cruise, I'd be interested in hearing them.
TIA

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

next up: Celebrity Millennium – Med – June 04
RCI Mariner – E Carib – Holidays 03
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – 08/03 (maiden voyage)
Star Princess – Mex Riviera – Holidays 02
Dawn Princess – Alaska – July 02
NCL Star – Hawaii – June 02
RCI Rhapsody – W. Carib – Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer – E. Carib – Holidays 00
NCL Sea – W. Carib – Holidays 99

Old January 26th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Sandy K.

We're sailing on the Mariner on April 4th. What's with Crown & Anchor,
Platinum & Diamond?? This si a first time cruise for us - I've booked 2
cabins - 1 with a balcony and the other inside.

Sandy K.

Old January 26th, 2004, 10:48 PM
D Ball

"Sandy K." wrote:
We're sailing on the Mariner on April 4th. What's with Crown & Anchor,
Platinum & Diamond?? This si a first time cruise for us - I've booked 2
cabins - 1 with a balcony and the other inside.

Sandy K.

Sandy,

First cruise and you picked the Mariner?! You'll be so spoiled. Of course,
there are many great ships out there. But the Mariner does stop you in your
tracks. Get ready to say WOW! a lot.

The Crown & Anchor Society is simply Royal Caribbean's name for their frequent
cruiser club. You'll be given enrollment forms while you're on board. It
doesn't cost anything to sign up. When you complete that first cruise, you'll
be a member (Gold level). You'll get mail from them with coupons good on
certain cruises, and the next time you cruise with Royal Caribbean, you'll
get a few on-board perks. After you complete 5 cruises with them, you will
be a Platinum member. After 10 I think it is, Diamond. At each level, the
perks get better.

Every cruise line has their own frequent cruiser program.

Are you traveling w/ kids? I ask only because the balcony-inside cabin arrangement
is how we travel, adults get the balcony and kids get the inside. It works
out well.

If you have any questions about the Mariner, don't hesitate to ask!

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

Next up: Celebrity Millennium – Med – June 04
RCI Mariner – E Carib – Holidays 03
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – Maiden 08/04/03
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:46 PM
gene 148

I have been on 25 RCI cruises, I should have a different standing then a
diamond member(10 cruises) I get the same perks but have been on double
the cruises, or up my rating to say double diamond. Can anyone answer
this.
Thanks Gene

Old January 27th, 2004, 01:22 AM
DaFlaBear

Peri,
Well, first of all we boarded VERY quickly.
Next, EVERY night we had gifts on our bed.
Everything from alarm clocks, lighted pens, beautiful insulated blue C &
A cups, C & A Blue Beach Bags, and more.
The Prez/CEO was EVERYWHERE, what a cool class guy (who has raised the
stock price BIGTIME the last 18 months).
We had a party EVERY night (or day like 11:30AM to 1:00 PM).
We had SPECIAL access to the WONDERFUL Ice Skating show (TUESDAY was C &
A ONLY).
This (show) was not a C & A and deal, but I had to let you know that
GARY LEWIS & the PLAYBOYS were performing and it was GREAT!
OK, just a start!

Old January 27th, 2004, 01:25 AM
DaFlaBear

Diane,
I'll just add that the DIAMOND folks (we are one cruise away) were taken
off the ship to a PRIVATE exclusive excursion.

Old January 27th, 2004, 01:29 AM
DaFlaBear

Well, ya get at least a $100 per cabin discount on a balcony (and at
least that on a suite) as a Platinum or Diamond member.