Accomodation recommendation for Germany

Old June 20th, 2011, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Portlander

Default Accomodation recommendation for Germany

Hello fellow usenet users,

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, is planning to travel to Germany
a couple of months from now. We are planning to stay for a couple of
weeks there. Mostly in Munich area. But open to going somewhere else
in Germany as well. Our primary concern at this point is
accommodation. We cannot seem to find a good place for a reasonable
price.

Have you guys found a place in Germany where you stayed that was
reasonably priced and you loved it? An apartment or a hotel?

Any ideas/tips on finding good accommodation in Germany would be most
welcome.

Thanks a lot.
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
george

On Jun 20, 8:40*am, Portlander wrote:
Hello fellow usenet users,

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, is planning to travel to Germany
a couple of months from now. *We are planning to stay for a couple of
weeks there. *Mostly in Munich area. *But open to going somewhere else
in Germany as well. *Our primary concern at this point is
accommodation. *We cannot seem to find a good place for a reasonable
price.

Have you guys found a place in Germany where you stayed that was
reasonably priced and you loved it? *An apartment or a hotel?

Any ideas/tips on finding good accommodation in Germany would be most
welcome.

Thanks a lot.

There is reasonable priced accommodation all over Germany, but not
during major events like Oktoberfest in Munich or major trade fairs.
There are many places throughout the country that have fairly
inexpensive holiday accommodations (Ferienwohnung) such as www.familien-ferien.de
.. Places in Germany normally have accommodations at their websites
which are of the form www.PLACENAME.de, just use the actual place name
preferably in German, and the German ä=ae; ö=oe; ü=ue; and ß=ss. If
you at first aren't given an English option (usually by clicking on
the Union Jack flag), then click on Tourismus where you may again be
given such an option. If not, then use your computer browser's
translation facility where nonsense is usually the result of
improperly translating proper names. A few of my favorite websites:
www.tourismus-bw.de ; www.schwaebischealb.de ; www.stuttgart-tourist.de
..

Oh, for a family of four two rooms are normally required in a hotel,
but some do also have suitable family rooms, and also many youth
hostels have rooms for four with private bathroom facilities.

George
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis[_3_]

Martin:

If you have a car I would recommend staying in one of the villages
outside Munich.

I would also recommend staying in a village just outside the big city,
but at the same time, I suggest to find a place near a bus stop, or an
S-Bahn station.
Public transport is the way to go, since you won't be searching for a
parking spot, and you'd be able to go out at night and have a drink
without worries about having to drive the car.
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 06/20/2011 08:40 AM, Portlander wrote:
Hello fellow usenet users,

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, is planning to travel to Germany
a couple of months from now. We are planning to stay for a couple of
weeks there. Mostly in Munich area. But open to going somewhere else
in Germany as well. Our primary concern at this point is
accommodation. We cannot seem to find a good place for a reasonable
price.

Have you guys found a place in Germany where you stayed that was
reasonably priced and you loved it? An apartment or a hotel?

Any ideas/tips on finding good accommodation in Germany would be most
welcome.

Thanks a lot.

What do you call a reasonable price, how close to Munich, and what time
of year? July-August-September is peak vacation period.
There are a huge number of holiday apartments in the area south of
Munich towards the Alps, particularly near the many lakes. The nearest
lake to Munich, Starnbergersee, has a reputation of being a millionaire
paradise. The area round the lake Kochelsee is very scenic and not so
expensive, particularly if you don't insist on being directly on the
lakefront. It's about 1 hour drive from Munich - the Autobahn is very
close. For an apartment for 4 people you're looking at prices in the
60-90 Euro range per day, but for a 2-week stay you can get a reduction.

If you use Google, the word for holiday apartment is "Ferienwohnung".

Old June 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/book...els-list.shtml
http://www.germantouristhotels.com/hotel_ratings.htm
http://www.zimmerfrei.nl/

"Zimmer frei - inquire at Zimmerei Zimmer-Zimmermann, ask for
Zimmermeister Zimmer"
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 06/20/2011 12:54 PM, wrote:
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/book...els-list.shtml
http://www.germantouristhotels.com/hotel_ratings.htm
http://www.zimmerfrei.nl/

"Zimmer frei - inquire at Zimmerei Zimmer-Zimmermann, ask for
Zimmermeister Zimmer"

A "Zimmermann" is a carpenter. A Zimmermeister is a master carpenter.

Old June 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 06/20/2011 01:50 PM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:45:38 +0200, Tom wrote:

On 06/20/2011 12:54 PM, wrote:
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/book...els-list.shtml
http://www.germantouristhotels.com/hotel_ratings.htm
http://www.zimmerfrei.nl/

"Zimmer frei - inquire at Zimmerei Zimmer-Zimmermann, ask for
Zimmermeister Zimmer"

A "Zimmermann" is a carpenter. A Zimmermeister is a master carpenter.

Shhh! My postilion has just been struck by lightening.

My go stop is ready over meadows.

Old June 20th, 2011, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wrote:
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/book...els-list.shtml
http://www.germantouristhotels.com/hotel_ratings.htm
http://www.zimmerfrei.nl/

"Zimmer frei - inquire at Zimmerei Zimmer-Zimmermann, ask for
Zimmermeister Zimmer"

A "Zimmermann" is a carpenter. A Zimmermeister is a master carpenter.

Shhh! My postilion has just been struck by lightening.

My go stop is ready over meadows.

and my hoovercraft sucks.
--

Martin

Old June 20th, 2011, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Runge 128 wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please go and find a bench elsewhere.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

Why should I leave the gutter folk ?

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:40:37 +0100,
(David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

Runge 128 wrote: