Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 4th, 2004, 10:21 AM
America the beautiful

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Haximus wrote:

I hear American reporters in Iraq have been identifying themselves as
Canadians.

Liar.

"Xomicron" wrote in message

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian. I've had some people tell me this and I can't
believe that intelligent Canadians fall for that bunk. I've traveled a
lot and most of the world sees one rich foreigner as pretty much the same
as another rich foreigner.

One Canadian woman in Turkey told me Canadian flags ensured better
treatment, and I noticed Turkish men were in the habit of coming up to
her and grabbing her tits in the street (she wore 2 Canadian flags), and a
guy in Beijing who was being threatened by a cab driver who wanted $50 US
for a 10 minute cab ride (he had a big plastic Canadian flag on his back).

Whenever I ask a Canadian about this every one has held that it is true.
One English teacher said there was some famous Canadian comedian that
Chinese knew. I pointed out that the most popular person on Earth was an
American. He repeated with total conviction that anywhere in China
average people will treat you better if they know you are Canadian.

Is this some kind of Canadian folk legend and if so is it true that most
people believe it. Where does this strange belief (that a rich foreigner
who is Canadian is more your friend then an American) come from? Is it a
little misplaced nationalism (entirely harmless) or is it from a deeper
desire to make up for Canadian inferiority?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Euro fat league.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/...UFatLeague.jpg

Prime Minister Helen Clark fights for Maori rights.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/...sbug/maori.jpg

Pizza Express Man and his pizza eating cat Gayrab.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/expressman.jpg

http://****france.com/
http://www.fark.com/

Old June 4th, 2004, 12:30 PM
catchmerevisited

in article , Xomicron at
wrote on 6/3/04 5:01 PM:

A brief refresher:

All Canadians are arrogant pigs.

not nearly as arrogant as the one to make such a statement.

Old June 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Ken Pisichko

Bogart wrote:

What don't you understand about the creation of the Black House?
More revisionism, perhaps? Or just blindness on your part/

I'll make this simple, Pisichko. Xomicron has already told you two
moose****ers he's not an American. Check his headers.

And what does my statement have to do with his header and citizenship? Eh?

Old June 4th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Ken Pisichko

Bogart wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:47:58 -0500, Ken Pisichko wrote:

Bogart wrote:

Who flew the Enola Gay?

Over Europe?/ In WW II?

If you're going to post edit do it to enhance your position, not to
make yourself look like a complete fool.

So tell us you nutcae hoiw flying the Enola Gay helped win the war in Europe. I mean WW II you stupid fool.. We was asking about Europe in case you don't
understand.

Old June 4th, 2004, 03:01 PM
The Reids

Following up to Padraig Breathnach

The US troops? Yes, they were fighting in Afghanistan when the US was
not at war with Afghanistan.

So?

My God! Mixi has metamorphised.

No, Mixi would have wanted to define "legal" and "combatant".
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM
devil

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:11:46 +0000, Bogart wrote:

Really? Where is Saddam?

Saddam, Rummie, what's the difference? I am sure they would rather pick a
homegrown thug, given a choice.

Where are the Sunni thugs who ruled that
country with an iron fist?

Are they any worse than American thugs/torturers/military? (Synonymous, I
guess :-(.)
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
devil

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:05:31 -0700, PTRAVEL wrote:

I wonder, though, whether the tonal subtlties of Cantonese almost
mandate speaking more loudly than in western languages or, for that
matter, Mandarin. Mandarin uses 4 diferent tones, and they're fairly
easy to recognize. As I recall (though I may be wrong) Cantonese has
7 or 8. My point, though, is that there may not have been conscious
rudeness on the part of the Cantonese ladies.

My wife does find them embarrassing.

Old June 4th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Mike Taylor

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
Bogart wrote:

What don't you understand about the creation of the Black House?
More revisionism, perhaps? Or just blindness on your part/

I'll make this simple, Pisichko. Xomicron has already told you two
moose****ers he's not an American. Check his headers.

And what does my statement have to do with his header and citizenship? Eh?

I checked his headers:

He's posted from 2 Canadian ISP's in the past month, posted from a Cox ISP
(USA) within the past 3 months and several other locations in the US over
time. He's either got an impersonator or ****s around a lot.

I doubt if he's actually based in Canada.

Just sample a few of his posts on Google Groups and check the random headers
over the past 6 months.

Old June 4th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Scott Willing

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 02:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Xomicron
wrote:

Scott Willing wrote in
:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:30:16 +0000 (UTC), Xomicron
wrote:

(sneakysneak) wrote in
m:

Xomicron wrote in message

You may hate us but you're still our bitches.

Your ID handle is from some Futurama episode

No, it isn't, but yours is from a well known homosexual.

When USA is self-sufficient in terms of their
energy demands, yes.

The US has the potential to be, but we prefer to use up everyone else's
oil first.

Don't look now sonny, but you actually used up your *own* first.

And, things have been looking dicey in Saudi Arabia for quite some
time now. That's why Bush is over in Iraq making a lousy show of
ramming democracy down peoples' throats.

The liberals seem to believe that Arabs are not genetically capable of
democracy and think it would be better if we just let them kill each other
and threaten the rest of the planet.

It would appear that the right wingers seem to believe that Arabs are
not genetically capable of democracy either, since they apparently
need bombs, missiles, tanks, 15000 dead civilians and an occupying
force to "free" them and "help" them to determine their own future.

Do you actually believe the US is in Iraq to do a big favor for the
Iraquis people? If so I have some bad news about the tooth fairy and
Santa Claus.

Iraq has major strategic significance for the US. That's why you're
there, and to believe otherwise is dangerously if not terminally
naive.

-=s

Old June 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
The Reids

Following up to Scott Willing

15000 dead civilians and an occupying
force to "free" them and "help" them to determine their own future.

I hadn't realised US bothered to count dead arabs, things are
looking up!