Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:18 AM
devil

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:31:39 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

devil wrote in
news
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:36:52 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

Ken Pisichko wrote in :

Bogart wrote:

The US won't "win"

Really? Where is Saddam? Where are the Sunni thugs who ruled that
country with an iron fist? Who makes up the new Iraqi government
and what are their goals? How many newspapers are now being
published in Baghdad free of censorship? How many women make up that
new governing council? How many young girls are for the first time
going to school in Iraq? How is it that Iraq now has more social
infrastructure in place than it ever did under Saddam? I understand
you're mad. Rabid dogs get mad. What I don't understand is your
ignorance and your willingness to spread it all over the world via
the usenet.

My my, so this is your definition of winning. OK so the US finally got
****ed off at Saddam AFTER supporting him and giving him all those
WMDs to fight those dastardly Ayatollas ... Why did you let him go on
for so long?

Ask Bill Clinton.

and will hand over the stinking mess they started (with their
invasion) for someone else to deal with while at the same time
extolling their mattra "WE won the war!! WE won the war!! What
revisionistic bull****.

Your superpower does not have the ability to create peace, just to
"win" by killing all opposition and flattening the country. Kinda
like the German Panzer division did when they opened up on the
Polish Calvary at the beginning of WW II. Even though they overran
Poland they had nothing but trouble for the rest of the "war". Then
the Germans were defeated. The US won't win the peace offensive
because they do NOT have the capability. If they did have that
capability why do they pass off the destroyed countryside to someone
else AND ask them to get involved in the peace process.

You need to look more closely at WW2 history. The two countries who
were the chief architects of WW2 - Germany and Japan were both
leveled by the United States and both rebuilt via the Marshal Plan
into first world countries by the same United States of America.

Oh, the USA won the war! More revisionist bull****. Why were RCAF,
RAF, RAAF and RNZAF aircrews bombing the AXIS powers? For practice?
Why are there thousands of British, Canadian, French, Australian, New
Zealand and other ALLIED soldiers buried all over this earth adjactent
to or near the cemetaries of AXIS warriors?

They weren't accomplishing much until the Americans arrived.

Surely you must mean the Soviets? Who al;most singlehanded defeated
the Nazis, while the US were more or less tied in the Pacific?

Who do you think was supplying the Soviets? The Americans of course. We
were supplying their war machine as well as fighting a two front war.

The Soviets would have been overrun if it wasn't for American assistance
and intervention in the European theater.

So? The Soviets almoat singlehandedluy defeated the Nazis. With some
American hardware, so what?

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:19 AM
devil

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:46:08 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

devil wrote in
news
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:16:10 +0000, Bogart wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:15:44 -0400, David Smith
wrote:

Xomicron wrote:

these united States have not been at war since 1945.

Nice exercise in semantics. The US did not lose a war in Vietnam
because they have decided that technically it was not a war,
presumably?

The United States did not lose the Vietnam militarily. They lost it
politically.

Yep. After failing to achieve a military victory

Name one battle lost by US forces in Vietnam.

Losing the war as a whole and limping hime with your tail between your
legs isn't good enough for you?

(BTW, get ready for more of the same medicine in Iraq. Seems you guys
get to relearn the limits of military power every generation.)

Interesting revisionist history.

What's revisionist? The part that already happened, or the one that will
happen?

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:20 AM
devil

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:50:26 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

Scott Willing wrote in
:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 02:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Xomicron
wrote:

Scott Willing wrote in
:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:30:16 +0000 (UTC), Xomicron
wrote:

(sneakysneak) wrote in
m:

Xomicron wrote in message

You may hate us but you're still our bitches.

Your ID handle is from some Futurama episode

No, it isn't, but yours is from a well known homosexual.

When USA is self-sufficient in terms of their
energy demands, yes.

The US has the potential to be, but we prefer to use up everyone
else's oil first.

Don't look now sonny, but you actually used up your *own* first.

And, things have been looking dicey in Saudi Arabia for quite some
time now. That's why Bush is over in Iraq making a lousy show of
ramming democracy down peoples' throats.

The liberals seem to believe that Arabs are not genetically capable of
democracy and think it would be better if we just let them kill each
other and threaten the rest of the planet.

It would appear that the right wingers seem to believe that Arabs are
not genetically capable of democracy either, since they apparently
need bombs, missiles, tanks, 15000 dead civilians and an occupying
force to "free" them and "help" them to determine their own future.

Your numbers are inflated and have no basis in fact.

I am not aware that the thugs at the White House have been publishing
official fgures for Iraqi civilian casualties. So why not take his guess
as a valid starting point?

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:28 AM
America the beautiful

dr nick wrote:

"Xomicron" wrote in message

Surely you must mean the Soviets? Who al;most singlehanded defeated
the Nazis, while the US were more or less tied in the Pacific?

Who do you think was supplying the Soviets? The Americans of course. We
were supplying their war machine as well as fighting a two front war.

All those US built T-34s?

Wasn't that "C" rations?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

"When the Lord calls me home ... I will leave with the greatest love for
this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future, I know that
for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead." - Ronald Reagan
Nov. 5, 1994

Old June 6th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Ken Pisichko

Ken Pisichko wrote:

Xomicron wrote:

Terrorists don't give a **** if you're Canadian. They're probably
chuckling at your false sense of security.

Not what I said. They sure don't give a damn about US citizenship and US
property - that is for sure, as events since 9/11 have shown.

One more point - in spite of what you say, remember where your US bound
aircraft landed.. Also remember there are LOTS of US citizens who come up
to Canada - Newfoundland and Nova Scotia to reminisce about the events on
9/11 and everyone thanks their lucky stars that Canadians, Americans and
everyone else who flew in to those airports managed to be taken care of
until authorities deemed it safe for them to proceed onward. You may be
ignorant if the fact that lots of folks from as far away as California and
Texas come up to visit folks who took care of them during those troubled
days and expected nothing in return. They were just being neighbourly. Why
not vent your concerns about Canada to those US citizens? Too chicken****, I
suppose?

Those aircraft flew into safe havens because there was no option! There was
no false sense of security because those airports were the only hope for
those originally flying towards then-insecure USA.

The world awaits your continued "definite" stupid commentary. Canadians are
not interested in terrorists "probably chuckling", nor in their sense of
humor - only in their "possible" terrorist acts being planned for North
America.

Old June 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM

In soc.culture.canada Bert Hyman wrote:
In "Robert R."
wrote:

Bert Hyman wrote:

In Van
wrote:

That is no urban myth as I have personally witnessed it and was told
by the Americans that they get treated better when the Europeans
think we are from Canada. It is not our fault that we have a better
rep than Americans.

Maybe they just feel sorry for you.

With people speaking the way you do it's no wonder that every ****er on
earth is trying to murder your soldiers. You mouth off and they have to
pay for it.

Really?

Making a joke about Canadians (or more precisely, a Canadian, namely you)
justifies murder?

NO it's all the other **** Americans do...operation indiscriminate justice, and
all the other nifty names you find for your killing sprees...

Are you psychotic?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Old June 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
sneakysneak

Tim wrote in message ...

Plus they don't have enough refining capacity in the US so it really
doesn't matter how much crude they/we get.

--

Yes, that's why their neighbors, Canada and Mexico, who are big oil
producers, are vital to the engine of the US economy, at least in
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:11 PM
dr nick

"http://www.iamnotamerican.com" wrote in
message

these united States have not been at war since 1945.

Let's see...Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Persian Gulf II...certainly
seems to have been some wars in the last 59 years.

Have they won any though?

Old June 6th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Ken Pisichko

dr nick wrote:

"http://www.iamnotamerican.com" wrote in
message

these united States have not been at war since 1945.

Let's see...Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Persian Gulf II...certainly
seems to have been some wars in the last 59 years.

Have they won any though?

Let us not forget the war on drugs, eh?

Old June 6th, 2004, 08:33 PM
devil

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:12:55 -0700, sneakysneak wrote:

Tim wrote in message ...

Plus they don't have enough refining capacity in the US so it really
doesn't matter how much crude they/we get.

--

Yes, that's why their neighbors, Canada and Mexico, who are big oil
producers, are vital to the engine of the US economy, at least in
terms of coping with the US consumer demand for energy, which can't
be presently met sufficiently by domestic energy producers. Alberta
has 175 billion barrels of proven reserves.

Sure, but the OP was not talking about that. He was talking about
refining capacity, which is the main cause of the high price of gas in the
US.

This said, the same argument holds: Canada ends up exporting refined stuff
to the US too. So the price goes up in canada too.