Climbing Stores in Paris?

Old February 19th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Bill Ellison

Default Climbing Stores in Paris?

I will be visiting Paris in March and wonder if anyone knows where
there is a good climibing/mountaineering store? I have heard that
there is an entire block of climbing and outdoor-type stores located
somewhere in the city. Any help and directions would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Bill
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Mxsmanic

Bill Ellison writes:

I will be visiting Paris in March and wonder if anyone knows where
there is a good climibing/mountaineering store? I have heard that
there is an entire block of climbing and outdoor-type stores located
somewhere in the city.

The Vieux Campeur is a chain of stores providing all sorts of outdoor
gear, including climbing and mountaineering gear. Most of their stores
are within a few tens of metres of each other in the Latin Quarter; each
store has a different specialty. One of them even has a climbing wall
on the premises. Lots of good stuff.

Another chain that has gear is Décathlon, and they have multiple
locations all over the city. Not as specialized as the Vieux Campeur,
but more convenient if you are outside the Latin Quarter.

Old February 19th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Jeremy Henderson

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:32:15 +0000, Bill Ellison wrote:

I will be visiting Paris in March and wonder if anyone knows where
there is a good climibing/mountaineering store? I have heard that
there is an entire block of climbing and outdoor-type stores located
somewhere in the city. Any help and directions would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

http://www.au-vieux-campeur.fr/

Well worth a visit.

J;

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG