Fliers up in arms over wide passengers-Make Fat Slobs Pay!

Old March 13th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Felix Dzerzhinsky

Default Fliers up in arms over wide passengers-Make Fat Slobs Pay!

I agree with airlines, that fat slobs such as those over 220 pounds, should
have to pay for 2 seats!!

That way, normal people who are not swine, will be able to sit in comfort in
their seats, without having parts of the hog's anatomy protruding into their
space!

For having to pay for 2 seats, of course the swine is entitled to 2 meals, and
presumably double the baggage allowance.

On a related topic, I would love to see the airlines ENFORCE THE CARRY ON
LUGGAGE RULES!! I am sick and tired of people taking half of all their worldly
possessions on board, while the cabin staff ignore the breach of this
important safety rule. No wonder the overhead bins are full. Make these
passengers pay through the nose for excess baggage, and perhaps the airlines
will then make some money, since they will not be overloaded with both fat
swine, and excess carry-on freight!!

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:37:07 +0100, Bogry0 wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:17:04 +0100, Magda
wrote:
On 13 Mar 2005 15:29:57 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "larry"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :
... "
... Overweight people have the same rights as everyone else. In fact, they
... pay less for airline seats than normal people do, pound for pound.
... No one wants to be overweight.
... I think your ticket price should be a multiple of your weight plus any
... baggage you may have brought...When I ship a 5 pound item through the mail
... it costs less than a 50 pound item...

I like the idea. If anything, it will be an incentive to lose weight.
But keep the luggage out of it - it won't be using your seat.

If they want to pick on something, start with all of the damn carry
ons. I have been on a couple of flights where they had to re-open the
cargo bay because the wasn't enough room in the overhead compartments.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old March 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Citizen Ted

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:07:31 -0700, Felix Dzerzhinsky "Kristian
Damgaard" wrote:

I agree with airlines, that fat slobs such as those over 220 pounds, should
have to pay for 2 seats!!

Indeed they should. If they are enjoying the benefits of essentially
occupying more than one seat, they should pay for it. If these
voluminous passengers feel they should not pay for services rendered,
then (at a minimum) the person whose space they are invading should
receive a deep discount, as they are *not* receiving the services they
paid for (ie, so many cm of ass space).

It seems logical to me that airlines should require foreknowledge of a
passenger's height/weight prior to seat assignment (just as they have
size/weight requirement for luggage). This should serve not only to
assess seating charges for the obese, but to give airlines statistical
input on how best to serve the flying public. Depending on the
numbers, it may mean that airlines need to create a "fat-ass section"
in their aircraft, where the obese can sit comfortably in coach (and
pay for the privilege). It may mean that airlines will simply require
the obese to purchase two seats. It may mean that all seats will be
widened and all airfares increased.

This can all be determined only if we have the numbers to make smart
decisions. Currently, all we have are obese passengers with a sense of
entitlement and angry HWP passengers who feel cheated out of a
reasonably comfortable flight.

On a related topic, I would love to see the airlines ENFORCE THE CARRY ON
LUGGAGE RULES!!

I admit that I have recently been guilty of this sin. After losing my
luggage twice in two successive trips (Continental and United, a few
years ago), I have taken to traveling extremely light and abusing the
carry-on rules. But my recent flight from BWI-SEA was such a laughable
circus of carry-on nightmares that I have vowed to change my ways.
Next month, I'm taking a business trip to Las Vegas. I will put all my
clothes and toilet kit in a checked bag and carry on only the
electronics I need for business. Upon arrival in Las Vegas, if my bag
is lost or looted by the TSA, I will simply go to Macy's and buy a few
days' worth of clothes. **** it.

The cornerstone of a civilized society is altruism. We should be
willing to make humble sacrifices for each other and keep our egos in
check. If the obese can make efforts to mitigate their impact on
fellow passengers, we business fliers can make efforts to mitigate
inconvenience to others as well. What do you say, fatties?

- TR
- checking my damn bag.

Old March 13th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Service Tech

"Felix Dzerzhinsky " "Kristian Damgaard" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
On 13 Mar 2005 15:29:57 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "larry"

If they want to pick on something, start with all of the damn carry
ons. I have been on a couple of flights where they had to re-open the
cargo bay because the wasn't enough room in the overhead compartments.

The Carry-on subject is my favorite bitch too. All I hear is "since they
lost my luggage" I carry on. In the past 38 years, I've had my luggage
"lost" THREE times. Once in Mexico, and twice during Hurricane Conditions.
My one (count em) *one*
case goes overhead. I'm not traveling with my knees in my chest because
someone is too lazy to check their bags. Under the seat is for my feet.

Old March 13th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Service Tech

"Magda" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:03:07 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Service Tech"

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... The Carry-on subject is my favorite bitch too. All I hear is "since

they
... lost my luggage" I carry on. In the past 38 years, I've had my

luggage
... "lost" THREE times.

Lucky you. Mine was lost twice in three years. But since I decided to

carry on (and no, I
can't carry the house on my back, I am barely 5ft2in) they never lost it

again. Murphy's
Law rides again...

The easist way to loose luggage is to get a tight connection. If you have
to run for the next plane, you can be sure that your luggage won't make it.
I never accept any connection that is less than one hour.

Old March 13th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Service Tech

"Magda" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:54:33 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Service Tech"

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... The easist way to loose luggage is to get a tight connection. If you

have
... to run for the next plane, you can be sure that your luggage won't

make it.
... I never accept any connection that is less than one hour.

When I went from Paris to Lisbon there wasn't a connection - my luggage

went to Madrid all
the same.

Sounds like you should be charging the Airline for some replacement items.

Old March 14th, 2005, 05:53 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Felix Dzerzhinsky

On a related topic, I would love to see the airlines ENFORCE THE CARRY ON
LUGGAGE RULES!! I am sick and tired of people taking half of all their worldly
possessions on board, while the cabin staff ignore the breach of this
important safety rule.

On that we can certainly agree! It really annoys me when I
restrict myself to one small carry-on and a purse (or "fanny
pack"/"bum bag"), to see all the passengers with their
full-sized wheel-on cases hogging all the bin space (and in
the process shoving my poor little bag out of the way so
it's inaccesible during flight).

Old March 14th, 2005, 05:58 AM

Magda wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:03:07 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Service Tech"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... The Carry-on subject is my favorite bitch too. All I hear is "since they
... lost my luggage" I carry on. In the past 38 years, I've had my luggage
... "lost" THREE times.

Lucky you. Mine was lost twice in three years. But since I decided to carry on (and no, I
can't carry the house on my back, I am barely 5ft2in) they never lost it again. Murphy's
Law rides again...

Well, the only airline that ever "lost" my luggage was
Western Airlines (now defunct) which twice managed the trick
from a non-stop flight (boarded in plenty of time) from LAX
to Minneapolis. (They found it and delivered it to where I
was staying the next day, but it was nevertheless a
nuisance.) I still check my regular bags through to my
final destination - I just make sure I have night-clothes
and a change of underwear in my carry-on, along with
medications, cosmetics, and anything of value.

Old March 14th, 2005, 06:04 AM

Magda wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:54:33 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Service Tech"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... The easist way to loose luggage is to get a tight connection. If you have
... to run for the next plane, you can be sure that your luggage won't make it.
... I never accept any connection that is less than one hour.

When I went from Paris to Lisbon there wasn't a connection - my luggage went to Madrid all
the same.

My first trip to Europe was with a tour (LAX to Schipol to
Prague). One couple in our group had their luggage mislaid
(ALL our bags were specially marked, and everyone else's
arrived with us). They located it the next day in ISTANBUL?
(Go figure.)

Old March 14th, 2005, 06:07 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:31:35 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Service Tech"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... When I went from Paris to Lisbon there wasn't a connection - my luggage
... went to Madrid all
... the same.
... Sounds like you should be charging the Airline for some replacement items.

Yeah, fat chance of their reimbursing me the toiletries I had to buy...

That's why I have baggage and "travel delay" insurance with
American Express! (It costs me 9 USD per trip, and I've
never had to use it, but it takes care of little things like
that.)

Old March 14th, 2005, 06:35 AM
ant

"Citizen Ted" wrote in message
If these
voluminous passengers feel they should not pay for services rendered,
then (at a minimum) the person whose space they are invading should
receive a deep discount, as they are *not* receiving the services they
paid for (ie, so many cm of ass space).

Actually, I also am annoyed by large men intruding into "my" space. They
often have wide shoulders and lots of arms, and they seem unable to keep
them in the confines of their seats. I have protested to flight staff before
about this, and they have either moved me or the large person.

ant