What's your favorite cruise line?

Old March 29th, 2006, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default What's your favorite cruise line?

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..

This time I'm really going to travel light! I don't like dealing with
lots of luggage, even though I never lift it.

Ermalee ---has formal wear; will cruise

Me too....I hope that the Mercury has the baggage deal that the Infinity
did, where for a fee, they let you pre-tag your luggage with airline tags,
you claimed it at the dock and had it put on the airline truck...That was so
nice not to worry about it and walk off with just your carry on. Next time
you saw your luggage was when you got home!

--Jean

Sounds good to me. Now that I have reserved (and paid for) a nice cabin
and airline tickets (non stop), and have the pre-cruise hotel reserved
(thanks, Jean), all I have to think about is packing.

Ermalee
Old March 29th, 2006, 05:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:42:50 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

You are poo pooing Crystal AND HAVE NEVER tried them?

What's wrong with that picture?

Didn't you recently tell us Silversea was the best cruise line?

Have you sailed on Silversea?

I'd like too...

It's simply a matter if finances... (as in lack of sufficient....)

Translation: Son Jonathan is in NYU which costs $44K per year.

--Tom

Old March 29th, 2006, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...

Ha Ha Tom!
You have met me...I am not a pretentious person and even more, I hate
being around people who are... I like to laugh and be ME...a relaxed
me....I deplore fakeness or being forced into polite idle chit chat and
from what Paul Friedman posted here earlier, I would be getting into just
that on Crystal....I had formality up to my ears standing in reception
lines politely
exchanging *chit chat* with those filing through the line and at other
functions and dinners for the last eight years of Ed's military career and
that was not relaxation!

How do you know that's what it would be like? You haven't been on Crystal.

So you tried Carnival...a FIVE dayer going out of NYC...not a fair trial
to me...After you have done a seven day one, I'll listen to you! vbg

5 Days still beats 0 days on Crystal. Do 5 days on Crystal.

In the meantime, at the ranch, (snicker) I am trying my THIRD Celebrity
ship at the end of April..

I feel validated... (patting self on back) VBG

I will then have the knowledge to FAIRLY assess the way I feel about
Celebrity..The Zenith..Infinity and now the Mercury.
Now who is being fair? ;-)

You booked your next Celebrity ship within about 2 weeks of getting home
from the last one...

Maybe that just demonstrates how good a product Celebrity is.

--Tom

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Odysseus" wrote in message news:uSFWf.67189$oL.15291@attbi_s71...
I'm cruising on the Infinity next month. I hope they have that deal.

I doubt that they would have discontinued it...They send a form to your
cabin several days before disembarkation and you return it with the name of
your airline, your flight numbers and the final destination. You remove all
ship tags from your suitcases and put the airline (just like the ones that
they put on your suitcases at the airport) ones on and set them out in the
hall at the same time that your suitcases are regularly out on the last
night. IIRC, it was $15. per person with a limit of two bags. Well worth
it.
I hope that you enjoy the Infinity as much as we did!

--Jean

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Tom K" wrote in message
How do you know that's what it would be like? You haven't been on
Crystal.

Neither have you....so how did you know that it would not? ;-)

So you tried Carnival...a FIVE dayer going out of NYC...not a fair trial
to me...After you have done a seven day one, I'll listen to you! vbg

5 Days still beats 0 days on Crystal. Do 5 days on Crystal.

NOPE! It's as different like apples and bananas...I have been on one 5 day
and nine 7 or more day Carnival cruises, so I can judge more fairly than
you! No need or desire for me to do Crystal...

In the meantime, at the ranch, (snicker) I am trying my THIRD Celebrity
ship at the end of April..

I feel validated... (patting self on back) VBG

The vote is still not in...the Carnival Conquest, (last Carnival cruise I
was on.) had better food than the Celebrity ships that I have been on so
far. Of course, Celebrity wins decor wise!

I will then have the knowledge to FAIRLY assess the way I feel about
Celebrity..The Zenith..Infinity and now the Mercury.
Now who is being fair? ;-)

You booked your next Celebrity ship within about 2 weeks of getting home
from the last one...
Maybe that just demonstrates how good a product Celebrity is.

--Tom

Or maybe it just tells you that I do NOT judge a cruise line after taking a
short cruise on ONE of their ships!! vbg

--Jean

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

clint wrote:
It appears that a once wonderful, sophidtacated, way of travel has gone the
way of blue collar hicks, I will only crusie on the BESY liners!

Is BESY your typo for BEST, or are your referring to your Cow?

-- Bob.

Old March 30th, 2006, 04:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The subject is: What's your FAVORITE cruise line.

I was interested in other readers' opinion on that subject, so I read
the thread from the top down, because I haven't visited this joint
of Little Old Ladies and Goldie Twins for some time.

Every one of the early responses were to the point, and succinct.
The Princess line appears to be the FAVORITE (hands down) of
this group.

Then came post #24, when the resident Queen of the Old Bags
Jean O'Boyle descended to proclaim, on Charle's statement:

I can't imagine only making bookings on one cruise line.

Me too, Charles...they don't know what they are missing...no sense of
adventure! ;-)

--Jean

As far as I can tell, all those who found Princess their FAVORITE,
have been on other cruise lines -- which is how they found Princess
to be their FAVORITE among the ships they've cruised!

And then out came Dickhead Goldhaber to chime in his drivel.

What a bunch of in-bred morons (off Ray Goldenberg's spamming
Family Tree)!

My last 15 cruises on the Princess line were in 2003 and later.
During the same period, I was also on the Carnival, RCCL, and
HAL. That's why the Princess has been my FAVORITE.

Jean O'Boyle is so dumb and opinionated because she puts
everyone into her killfile, who doesn't say "yes madam, your
highness, may I taste your luvly ass, like aged Manichewitz
wine, (as Dick Goldhaber does every time).

I wonder who is going to crawl out from their hole this time --
Dickherad, Danni, or their perrennial trolling pals Greg Morrow
and other sockpuppets?

-- Bob.

Old March 30th, 2006, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

pfriedmanNoSpam wrote:
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...

I'm interested ; what was it about Crystal that *raised your bar?* And
please don't just answer about service and elegance.
I like to completely relax on a cruise and to me what I see on Crystal
makes me somewhat uncomfortable..I'm not the *keeping up with the Jones'
*type...So fill me in! ;-)

--Jean

Let me take a shot at this.

I've already taken my shot at Her Highness Jean O'Boyle. So, I'll
take a shot at your shot at her, for antidiscrimination purposes.

There are several things "wrong" with Crystal. These include:
a) A fair number of very sad people who cruise because they have nothing
else to do.

What's wrong with that? It's THEIR bidness, not yours.

b) A fair number of people who really want to tell you how rich they are
and who they know. Actually,

Did they put a gun on your head to listen?

if you are nasty and sick (moi), you can lots of fun with this. I
offer counter the nonsense with things
like "Well, I was lucky I found my brother and turned him in. If I
hadn't gotten the bail money back, I could
not have paid for this cruise."

Comedy or humor is not your forte.

c) Boring Itineraries. They used to do great, long cruises with many sea
days, but are changing to port-a-day
type stuff .. which everyone else does.

You like long cruises that go nowhere.

Despite the above, I still like Crystal... because...
a) uncrowned. Lots of places to read a book, watch the ocean, talk, relax.
b) there are still a few nice, long cruises with many sea days. Pure
personal preference, of course, but that's
why I cruise. If I want to see some place, I fly there.

Why bother to cruise? You would be very happy rowing a boat into the
middle of a lake or sea, with lots of books. Uncrowded, books to
read,
and many "sea days" without being bohered with ports of call.

c) The long cruises tend to have 60% or lower occupancy, making for even
less crowded conditions.
d) there are always interesting people on board (in addition to the sad
sacks mentioned above).
e) No silliness (as some lines have) about bringing your own wine, etc. on
board. It is almost impossible

Your little private row-boat or sailboat would be perfect for you. You
are
the only occupant, and the only interesting person on board. You can
booze and wine all day, and don't even have to pay corking fees.

for a cruise ship to offer top quality wine -- the bouncing at sea is
far from the ideal place to store wine.
Now, if only Crystal would have some drinkable beer on board. Yes, I
have brought my own Trappists
on board. No problem, just strange looks.
f) Decent library on board.
g) Limited smoking areas (but they need to limit this more)

Your private little boat (which you can BUY for the fare of ONE cruise)
should be the perfect boat for your future cruises.

So, like you, I cruise to relax. I find Crystal a rather god at providing
such an atmosphere.

Paul

When you said you were taking a shot at O'Boyle, I thought you were
offereing some throughts about your disagreement. Now it seems
that you are flirting with Mz Jean O'Bolye to try to entice her to
share
the same boat with you, in which you are the only two occupants,
and you can really enjoy the uncrowded and quiet sea if you can
only convince each other to keep your big mouth firmly SHUT! LOL

-- Bob.