Another plague ship lingers off California coast

Old March 5th, 2020, 07:42 PM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
Byker

Default Another plague ship lingers off California coast

First California Kung Flu fatality is a prior passenger from an earlier
cruise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi__oRijPnM

Where did they catch it? Hawaii? Mexico?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmFyDODf8o

Imagine this being slid under your cabin door: "The remainder of your cruise
has been cancelled.": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb6XUoPZw3g

Old March 6th, 2020, 03:33 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
PhantomView

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:42:35 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

First California Kung Flu fatality is a prior passenger from an earlier
cruise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi__oRijPnM

Where did they catch it? Hawaii? Mexico?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmFyDODf8o

Imagine this being slid under your cabin door: "The remainder of your cruise
has been cancelled.": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb6XUoPZw3g

Heh, heh ... I remember about 10 days/week ago when
the news reported that "defiant" passengers were going
on their goddamned cruises no matter what !

It is going to be a LONG one now.

Old March 6th, 2020, 04:29 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
BeamMeUpScotty[_3_]

On 3/5/20 9:33 PM, PhantomView wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:42:35 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

First California Kung Flu fatality is a prior passenger from an earlier
cruise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi__oRijPnM

Where did they catch it? Hawaii? Mexico?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmFyDODf8o

Imagine this being slid under your cabin door: "The remainder of your cruise
has been cancelled.": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb6XUoPZw3g

Heh, heh ... I remember about 10 days/week ago when
the news reported that "defiant" passengers were going
on their goddamned cruises no matter what !

It is going to be a LONG one now.

That person will be sailing on the ship called Eternity....

And I remember a few weeks to a month a go I suggested that there must
be several strains of the virus because they can't seem to test for one
virus and get all the sick people as it keeps showing up after they test
people..... which suggests the test doesn't necessarily work on all
strains.

Then today... weeks after I said that... they started telling us that
there are two strains of te virus and that they think the virus is
mutating... and I also mentioned that it will look like the Walking
Dead as they become zombies, they said on TV today, that isn't going to
happen..... we'll see?

--
That's Karma

*Plan for the worst and hope for the best*
Old March 6th, 2020, 07:55 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
PhantomView

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 22:29:49 -0500, BeamMeUpScotty
wrote:

[...]

Well, L-strain is extra bad, S-strain not so much.

Shoot yourself up with 'S' to protect against "L" ...
might not be a bad idea.

These viruses mutate like mad. Ergo the futility of
putting money into a C19 vaccine. In 12 months
C19 will be *history* ... replaced by something else
or some major mutation. The vaccine will be totally
useless. The western medical/legal system as it
is ensures this tardy result.

So ... black market in S-strain ???

We need "instant" vaccines. One for C19 was found
within two WEEKS. However the system and the
production apparatus ensure it cannot be made
availible on a large scale for at least a year. This
MUST change drastically. Identification to volume
vaccines in 30 DAYS should be the goal.

C19 today ... who the **** knows what next year.
We supposedly HAVE the technology. Let's USE it.
No BS, no delays. Sign on the line and take your
chances - likely a good deal.

Old March 6th, 2020, 04:57 PM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
Byker

"PhantomView" wrote in message

It is going to be a LONG one now.

Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH tourism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTiRajt-ZnM

I wonder how many non-retirees will still have jobs after 14 days of cruise
ship quarantine, plus 14 days of "supervised" quarantine ashore, followed by
14 days of home quarantine? Even if they do make it back to work, their
fellow employees will definitely be keeping their distance.

What will be the next airline to go belly-up?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJviSh3thsg

Old March 7th, 2020, 03:49 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
PhantomView

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:57:21 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

"PhantomView" wrote in message
.. .

It is going to be a LONG one now.

Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH tourism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTiRajt-ZnM

A number of places, Venice for example, were in the
middle of implementing plans to greatly reduce tourism
because they thought tourists were a pain in the ass.
Unmannered foreign trash mucking up their beautiful
cities.

In a month they will be BEGGING for more tourism.

But do not go to Italy anytime soon. So far it has the highest
rate of C19 deaths. Hard to say whether it is because the
population is so old, or because the medical system is
crap. Maybe a combo.

I wonder how many non-retirees will still have jobs after 14 days of cruise
ship quarantine, plus 14 days of "supervised" quarantine ashore, followed by
14 days of home quarantine? Even if they do make it back to work, their
fellow employees will definitely be keeping their distance.

What will be the next airline to go belly-up?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJviSh3thsg

We see some of the smaller "discount" carriers already
on the ropes. Nobody wants to be trapped in a metal
tube with a bunch of sick people. There are also fewer
places to go with various levels of international quarrantine
being implemented. The big airlines have enough reserves
and diversification to muddle through, but the little guys
are toast.

Boeing must be freaking out. First all those bad planes
and lost customers, now potential customers cannot
afford and do not need a bunch of new planes. My
guess is that it will be about two years before travel
generates enough profits to warrant new aircraft.

Old March 7th, 2020, 08:53 PM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
Byker

"PhantomView" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:57:21 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

What will be the next airline to go belly-up?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJviSh3thsg

We see some of the smaller "discount" carriers already
on the ropes. Nobody wants to be trapped in a metal
tube with a bunch of sick people.

Dennis Prager doesn't seem to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VQR608Xiu0

Boeing must be freaking out. First all those bad planes
and lost customers, now potential customers cannot
afford and do not need a bunch of new planes. My
guess is that it will be about two years before travel
generates enough profits to warrant new aircraft.

And now bad software seems to be the least of their problems:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29...pnRaVryYIKiLeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEDJUeUSuo
Old March 8th, 2020, 04:09 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
PhantomView

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 13:53:42 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

"PhantomView" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:57:21 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

What will be the next airline to go belly-up?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJviSh3thsg

We see some of the smaller "discount" carriers already
on the ropes. Nobody wants to be trapped in a metal
tube with a bunch of sick people.

Dennis Prager doesn't seem to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VQR608Xiu0

Boeing must be freaking out. First all those bad planes
and lost customers, now potential customers cannot
afford and do not need a bunch of new planes. My
guess is that it will be about two years before travel
generates enough profits to warrant new aircraft.

And now bad software seems to be the least of their problems:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29...pnRaVryYIKiLeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEDJUeUSuo

They saw a market opportunity, so they rushed the things
out as fast as they could ... damn what the engineers were
saying. Business logic, but with THIS kind of product that
can lead to killing a lot of people all at once.

I still cannot believe they had "safety" software that would
actually FIGHT what the pilots were trying to do ....... that
is just unforgivable arrogance. A plane should always,
immediately, do exactly what the pilot is telling it to do !

Old March 9th, 2020, 11:02 PM posted to alt.california,rec.travel,rec.travel.cruises,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc
Byker

"PhantomView" wrote in message

I still cannot believe they had "safety" software that would
actually FIGHT what the pilots were trying to do ....... that
is just unforgivable arrogance. A plane should always,
immediately, do exactly what the pilot is telling it to do !

And if there is no pilot? "Airbus is ready for pilotless jets - are you?"
Nope: https://phys.org/news/2019-06-airbus...ess-jets-.html

What happens when automation goes psycho:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas_Flight_72

https://www.internetvictory.org/qant...isaster-qf-72/

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...c252ae2168b327