39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On 2007-07-08 19:22:32 -0400, "sharx35" said:

Agreed. Same thing in Canada. If I was a leftie, I'd start watching the
shadows REAL closely, especially down in the D.C. area. If a leftie can't
afford 24/7 security on themself and ALL family members they should be VERY
worried...at least IMHO.

Gee, I guess I should be scared stiff. All the neanderthals are out to
kill me, as painfully as possible.

You've given me insight into the working of the average right-wing
mind. I thought you & they were just blowhards, but apparenly I'm
physically threatened.

But then, your drug habit would probably make it impossible for you to
cross the border.

Old July 9th, 2007, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sam Spade

On 2007-07-08 19:16:33 -0400, Sam Spade said:

Some are racists. But, my opinion is that it is a minority. Those
of us who have lived in California all or lives have, for the most
part, lived and gotton along with Latinos quite well.

But, that has little to do with hordes of illegals, primarily from
Mexico, coming across the border in droves.

Why do you care?

Now, that is a stupid question. Either you are trying to bait me or
you are without clues.

Are you one of those menial laborers whose job is threatened by the
illegals?

No, I am a taxpayer who shares freeways with uninsured and unlicensed
illegal immigrant drivers. I wait for hours in the emergency room
because they use as their family doctor. The sewer system in my town is
becoming overwhelmed because of multiple families living in small
dwellings. The schools are overcrowded and we are being asked to
provide classroom relief for the children of illegal immigrants.

And, it is not only menial laborers who have problems in the workplace.
The construction industry is now too many fairly skilled workers
chasing too few jobs; illegals competing with either legal immigrants or
citizens for those decent jobs. Then, the illegals bid down the wages
and get the jobs.
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
common_ [email protected]

On 2007-07-08 19:16:33 -0400, Sam Spade said:

[...]

absolutely correct...

its not an issue of "unskilled" menial jobs (that's the Bush
brainwashed morons rationale).

If the Hilton would pay maids 30K a year plus benefits, they would get
plenty of legal applicants to clean rooms that go for $400 a night,
if tyson food paid 30 an hour, instead of 8, for meat packers, they
would get plenty of legal applicants (which would add maybe 10 cents
to a lb of meat).

its not about filling menial jobs, its about the greatest transfer of
wealth, from the working middle class, to the over indulged, under
taxed, hyper rich, in the history of mankind.

..

Old July 9th, 2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 21:16:28 -0400, Sam Spade said:

I wait for hours in the emergency room because they use as their family doctor.

So what are you doing there? Using it as your family doctor too? How
are you better than they are?

Old July 9th, 2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Richard C.

"none" wrote in message
James Davis wrote:

Right now about 30% of Americans are very happy with President Bush,
who was elected by a 51% majority.

incorrect, Gore won the election by the "majority" of the american
public, only in how the electoral college is setup did, bush sneak in.

==============================
Bull****!
Bush got 51% of the popular vote in 2004.

Spreading and repeating a lie does not make it true.....

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:55:25 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:42:42 -0400, George Graves said:

Perjury IS a
legitimate charge. I'm no Republican, but had I been the Judge, Clinton
would
have done time.

Perhaps you didn't notice that Clinton was never on trial in a criminal
court. Even if his impeachment had been successful, he woudn't have
been.

Any more bright ideas?

That the Government didn't press the charge doesn't make Clinton any less
guilty of perjury. Like I've said a number of times, had I been the Judge,
Clinton would have done time.

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:31:37 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Please show me where, in any code of jurisprudence in the country where it
gives a witness the right to lie under oath about anything?

Please show me where, in any sensible political system, a politician
will put the chief executive in a position where he might lie under
oath about anything as trivial as a blow job? And use that as a reason
to try to get rid of a chief executive who is doing a perfectly fine
job?

There is simply no way around this. Clinton LIED under oath. End of story.
All side issues are irrelevant.

No politician with scruples would have done such a thing. Which types
the Republican Congress perfectly.

That's simply neither here nor there.

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:32:45 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Had I been the judge, as I've said before, the man would have done time -
starting the minute his presidency was up.

There you go again! Have you NO decency, sir? More particularly, have
you NO concept of the difference between an impeachment trial in
Congress and a criminal trial in court?

Who said anything about impeachment, above?

Sir, in this country, if YOU or I were to lie under oath, in court, YOU or I
would go to jail. Why should the President of the United States be held to a
lesser standard than a normal citizen? If anything, he should be held to a
HIGHER standard, I.E. he should be setting the example for the conduct of the
people, not using his position of power to scoff at the laws the rest of us
are held to. There is no extenuation here, It's THAT cut-and-dry. If you
can't see that, then all I can say is that I hope your point of view is a
minority point of view, because if it is the majority opinion in this matter,
then may the fates help us as a nation, and especially may the fates help our
system of jurisprudence, because such a precedent undermines it to the point
of uselessness.

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:09:19 -0700, Thumper wrote
(in article ):

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:53:32 -0700, George Graves
wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:49:25 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-07 22:34:26 -0400, George Graves said:

OK, I'm all for it. What are the charges? Remember, these have to be
legitimate charges, instances where he broke US law.

Anyone who consider's Clinton's impeachment to have been based on
"legitimate charges" is living out in the never-never land of the far
right.

Anyone who condones perjury in a court of law, by anyone, high or low, has
no
right to live under a Democratic Republic. That means you, buddy.

Clinton was found NOT GUILTY!
Thumper

He was? That's news to me (and to a lot of other people as well). His
impeachment failed, if that's what you mean, but the record shows that he
clearly DID perjure himself.

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:13:09 -0700, witfal wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 16:09:19 -0700, Thumper said:
Clinton was found NOT GUILTY

Clinton was found guilty of perjury, paid a fine of over $800,000, lost
his law license for five years,
and is permanently banned from arguing any case before the SCOTUS.

But he skated on his impeachment.

Yep.