VISA ON ARRIVAL TO VIETNAM.

Old February 20th, 2007, 11:53 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default VISA ON ARRIVAL TO VIETNAM.

We can get for you Visa on arrival to Vietnam...Please contact me.
VAN.

Old February 20th, 2007, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_3_]

In article .com,
says...
We can get for you Visa on arrival to Vietnam...Please contact me.

Better getting your visa at the embassy, so that you will not be locked
with one travel operator.
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
traveltolao

On Feb 21, 1:35 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article .com,
says...

We can get for you Visa on arrival to Vietnam...Please contact me.

Better getting your visa at the embassy, so that you will not be locked
with one travel operator.
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

You can get a visa on arrival or visa at Embassy. The visa at the
embassy will save cost, but visa on arrival will save time. I think
you don't need to afraid of being locked with one travel operator as
Alfred Molon said as no ones can lock you if you don't agree.

Happy traveling
Bill Nguyen
Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia travel information
http://www.traveltolao.com
http://www.easyvietnamtravel.com

Old February 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William McNicol

traveltolao wrote:
On Feb 21, 1:35 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article .com,
says...

We can get for you Visa on arrival to Vietnam...Please contact me.

Better getting your visa at the embassy, so that you will not be locked
with one travel operator.
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

You can get a visa on arrival or visa at Embassy. The visa at the
embassy will save cost, but visa on arrival will save time. I think
you don't need to afraid of being locked with one travel operator as
Alfred Molon said as no ones can lock you if you don't agree.

It's not even clear that a visa from the Embassy is cheaper. Here in
the UK, it currently costs 38 GBP ($74) or 43 GBP ($84) by post for a
visa. Visa on arrival arranged by vietnamopentour was $30 for them +
$25 paid on arrival = $55.

As Bill said, there's no danger of being 'locked in'. I arranged my
visa from vietnamopentour and travelled independently from the moment I
arrived. There is no one from the company who arranged your visa on
arrival at the airport when you arrive, so no way they can lock you in
to anything...

All that said, it is quite comforting to have a nice new visa in your
passport before setting off to the airport rather than a bad fax of a
photocopied to the n'th degree letter...

Happy traveling

I'll second that.

Cheers,

William.
Bill Nguyen

Old February 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

So, take me through the steps of obtaining a visa when you arrive at SGN or
HAN. Immigration is generally the first stop. What is going to happen to
you when you approach the desk without a visa inside your passport? If you
need to arrange for the visa on arrival before entry, one might have just
applied for one through the embassy - no?

rg

oups.com...

Old February 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Mister Max

"Sharkbait" posted:

So, take me through the steps of obtaining a visa when you arrive at
SGN or HAN. Immigration is generally the first stop. What is going
to happen to you when you approach the desk without a visa inside your
passport? If you need to arrange for the visa on arrival before
entry, one might have just applied for one through the embassy - no?

rg

I can only describe what transpired when we came in to SGN with an emailed
copy of the confirmation of our visas on arrival.
* There were no English immigration/customs forms on our Tiger Air flight
from Singapore (and I understand there never are; I don't know whether
Tiger or Vietnam is to blame) so our first step was to fill out the
detailed forms. Then over to the visa desk where we fill out another form
with the same information and pay US$25 each and turn in our passports and
the visa on arrival forms. After a wait we get our passports back with the
new visa pasted in. Then it's off to claim our luggage, the last ones on
the carousel, and to the cacophonous taxi stand - but that's another story.

--
MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
Slideshows of Egypt, Jordan, Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Hudson
Valley, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar, Shanghai, Sicily, St
Tropez, Singapore, Thailand, Tour de France.

http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Mister Max wrote:

I can only describe what transpired when we came in to SGN with an emailed
copy of the confirmation of our visas on arrival.

I am still missing a part. Somebody emailed you a copy of the confirmation
of your visa for your airport of arrival? If so, I presume you were in
communications with some TA or other entity, forwarded money or credit card
information and received your visa confirmation number via email? If so,

1. How did the total fees paid differ from what you would have paid had you
used the embassy?
2. From the time you first paid whatever fee you were initially charged, how
long did it take to get your email confirmation?
3. From the time you arrived at airport immigration, how long did you have
to wait for your passport and visa before proceeding to luggage?

What happens if the online TA or agency takes your money or credit card
information but you don't get your email? Sounds like you're screwed. Can
one get a visa at the airport upon arrival? If so, how long and how much
would that cost?

rg

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
William McNicol

Sharkbait wrote:
Mister Max wrote:

I can only describe what transpired when we came in to SGN with an emailed
copy of the confirmation of our visas on arrival.

I too have done both pre arranged visas (which is what we are really
talking about - there is no general visa on arrival service in Vietnam)
and visas obtained from consulate in my home country (UK)

I am still missing a part. Somebody emailed you a copy of the confirmation
of your visa for your airport of arrival? If so, I presume you were in
communications with some TA or other entity, forwarded money or credit card
information and received your visa confirmation number via email? If so,

Indeed. Paid by CC.

1. How did the total fees paid differ from what you would have paid had you
used the embassy?

Cheaper. Total fees for pre arranged visa = USD 55. Cheapest way to
get same visa here in the UK (i.e. go to the consulate to drop off and

2. From the time you first paid whatever fee you were initially charged, how
long did it take to get your email confirmation?

5 days. (As described on their website) They can do quicker if you pay
for express service.

3. From the time you arrived at airport immigration, how long did you have
to wait for your passport and visa before proceeding to luggage?

Not long. 10 Minutes. Queues for immigration were just about cleared
by the time we joined them, so we were slower to get through than the
first in line, but not any worse than we would have been in we had been
last in line. Immigration service has its act together much better than
previously, so the queues move pretty quickly nowadays.

What happens if the online TA or agency takes your money or credit card
information but you don't get your email? Sounds like you're screwed. Can
one get a visa at the airport upon arrival? If so, how long and how much
would that cost?

You don't need to worry about the cost of a visa on arrival if you're
screwed by the TA. Without the fax/email from them, you would not be
allowed to board the plane to Vietnam at all :-)

I guess that if you don't get your fax/email and can't get something
sorted out before you're due to fly, your screwed. However, any TA who
wanted to stay in business would presumably not want to do that and get
a v. bad name here and on all the travel forums (as well as getting
hassle of credit card charge backs).

Cheers,

William.

rg

Old February 27th, 2007, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

William McNicol wrote:

You don't need to worry about the cost of a visa on arrival if you're
screwed by the TA.

True, so long as you have taken out a few thousand in trip insurance,
depending on the nature of your travel and any prepayments you may have made
in advance. This could involve an expense such as a one or two week cruise
that embarks at your foreign destination and had been fully paid. several
weeks earlier. Then again, I suspect an intelligent person would have
secured the visa long before that sort of trip :-)

Cheers,

rg