To National Parks in LA

Old March 6th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Philip

Default To National Parks in LA

I am from Hong Kong and am planning a plan to visit LA, arriving San
Francisco at 9:10 on 17.6.2004 and leave on 29.6.2004 the latest. Are there
any travel agents in LA that would arrange a private group bus tour of up to
13 days for about 11 persons (including lodging, bus, driver)? The planned
national parks to visit are Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National
Park, Grand Canyon National Park and Arches National Park. We accepts
moderate (but clean) accommodation such as guest house, youth hostels, etc.
with rooms for 2 to 4. If necessary, we can bring our own food and drinks
for lunch. Chinese speaking (Cantonese or Mandarin) guide is required. We
like photographing and hiking.

Old March 6th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Mark Brader

Philip writes:
I am from Hong Kong and am planning a plan to visit LA, arriving San
Francisco at 9:10 on 17.6.2004 and leave on 29.6.2004 the latest.
Are there any travel agents in LA that would arrange a private group
bus tour of up to 13 days for about 11 persons (including lodging,
bus, driver)? The planned national parks to visit are ...

"LA" means the city of Los Angeles. San Francisco is a different city.
Both cities are in the state of California. Your subject line says
"National Parks in LA", but none of the national parks you mention is
in California.

In fact, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National parks are a long way from
California. If there are limits on how many hours the bus driver can
drive in a week, it might be impossible to visit all four parks in the
12-13 days allowed (and travel around within each park as well) with
a single driver. I don't know; maybe it's not a problem. The bus
charter companies would know.

Do you actually intend to visit Los Angeles as well as the four national
parks? If not, a travel agent in San Francisco would seem to be more
convenient than one in Los Angeles.

As to the actual question about choosing a travel agent, I have nothing
to suggest -- I'm just trying to clarify the question for people who
actually may be able to help.

("LA" can also mean Louisiana, but at least it's clear that you don't
mean that!)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "In cyberspace, the lunatics not only run the asylum,

Old March 7th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Philip

Thanks for your help.

In fact, I am planning the visit to national parks only and that I start the
journey from San Francisco because the city is my first stop in U.S.
Thanks for the clarification.

Could anybody help me in suggesting suitable travel agents or an itinerary.
"Mark Brader" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

Old March 7th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Icono Clast

"Philip" wrote:
arriving San Francisco . . . arrange a private group bus tour of up
to 13 days for about 11 persons (including lodging, bus, driver)?

There are many Cantonese-speaking travel agents in San Francisco who
could probably get what you want to do arranged. Since you're in Hong
Kong, you might be able to find a Chinese Yellow Pages telephone book
at your local library or, perhaps, even at the US consulate. Even the
non-Chinese Yellow Pages telephone book has much written so that
you'll be able to easily read it.

The planned national parks to visit are Yellowstone National Park, Grand
Teton National Park, Grand Canyon National Park and Arches National Park.

There are no national parks in Los Angeles (although there might be in
Louisiana). None of the parks you mention is closer than 1,500
kilometres to San Francisco. You might consider starting the land
portion of your trip in Denver or Salt Lake City.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Go Fig

In article , Icono
Clast wrote:

"Philip" wrote:
arriving San Francisco . . . arrange a private group bus tour of up
to 13 days for about 11 persons (including lodging, bus, driver)?

There are many Cantonese-speaking travel agents in San Francisco who
could probably get what you want to do arranged. Since you're in Hong
Kong, you might be able to find a Chinese Yellow Pages telephone book
at your local library or, perhaps, even at the US consulate. Even the
non-Chinese Yellow Pages telephone book has much written so that
you'll be able to easily read it.

The planned national parks to visit are Yellowstone National Park, Grand
Teton National Park, Grand Canyon National Park and Arches National Park.

There are no national parks in Los Angeles

http://www.nps.gov/chis/

Comprised of five in a chain of eight southern California islands near
Los Angeles, Channel Islands National Park is home to a wide variety of
nationally and internationally significant natural and cultural
resources

jay
Sun Mar 07, 2004

Old March 7th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Patty Winter

In article , Philip wrote:

In fact, I am planning the visit to national parks only and that I start the
journey from San Francisco because the city is my first stop in U.S.

Philip, have you and your family visited Yosemite National Park
before? If you're definitely coming in via San Francisco, that
would be the obvious one to start with. If, instead, you just
want to visit the ones you mentioned, then San Francisco is
very out of the way, and as others have suggested, you might
want to get a connecting flight to Colorado, Utah, or Arizona
and start your bus trip there instead.

Patty

Old March 7th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Carmen L. Abruzzi

Once upon a 3/7/04 3:26 AM, in the land of ,
the good witch "Go Fig" from told the whole world all about
how:

There are no national parks in Los Angeles

http://www.nps.gov/chis/

What's the connection?
--
Carmen L. Abruzzi

So you been to school for a year or two
And you're sure you've seen it all...

Old March 8th, 2004, 06:01 AM
eric h

In article , Philip wrote:

I am from Hong Kong and am planning a plan to visit LA, arriving San
Francisco at 9:10 on 17.6.2004 and leave on 29.6.2004 the latest. Are there
any travel agents in LA that would arrange a private group bus tour of up to
13 days for about 11 persons (including lodging, bus, driver)? The planned

I'm sure there are plenty of agents who could do it, but to me this sounds
like a job for a Hong Kong travel agent who specializes in tours to the
U.S. There must be more than a few of those.
--
---
"I never had to pretend I felt the lyrics. I could always relate to the words."