Cleveland

Old August 21st, 2004, 06:07 PM
JLamm

Default Cleveland

Can anyone recommend a couple of hotels in downtown Cleveland? I don't mind
splurging.

Best,
john

Old August 22nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
Carmen L. Abruzzi

JLamm wrote:

Can anyone recommend a couple of hotels in downtown Cleveland? I don't mind
splurging.

Cleveland. Valerie might know. Valerie.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
jchase

JLamm wrote:

Can anyone recommend a couple of hotels in downtown Cleveland? I don't mind
splurging.

Best,
john

Dowtown area:

Marriott (connected to the Key Bank tower on Public Square)
Renaissance and Ritz Carlton (both in the Terminal Tower "Tower City"
complex on Public Square)
Wyndam- about 12 short blocks east on Euclid Avenue ("Playhouse Square"
area)
Hyatt Regency- just off Public Square on Euclid Avenue; they've adapted
a gorgeous late-Victorian arcade shopping center as their grand lobby.
If you decice not to splurge quite so much there is a nice Residence
Inn by Marriott on Prospect, built into an old office building with
another internal arcade (its just a block south of the Hyatt)
The Ritz Carlton is probably the gem of the bunch, with rates to match.
You've picked a good time to come- only one these hotels even existed a
more than a few years ago.

Old August 24th, 2004, 12:16 AM
JLamm

Thanks very much for those with advice. Most hotels were full. We picked the
Hyatt.

Cleveland's a great city, which is something a lot of folks who actually
travel there have figured out. That's why all the hotels are full.

Cleveland jokes were last big when Johnny Carson was on every night.

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Martin

"JLamm" wrote in message .. .
Cleveland's a great city, which is something a lot of folks who actually
travel there have figured out.

Having married someone from Cleveland (we live in Denver), I find
myself there about once a year. When I first started visiting in the
mid-80s, you could see hints as to why Cleveland got somewhat of a
negative reputation. It bore the scars of a lot of industrialization
and heavy manufacturing. But in the years since, I've noticed a
marked improvement in the downtown area and the metro areas in
general.

Cleveland has some great places to visit like the Rock and Roll Hall
of Fame and Museum, the Science Center, Tower City, the Zoo, Jacobs
Field, and the Flats.

Martin