Food poisoning

Old May 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Food poisoning

About four hours into a flight from Lima to Dallas I started getting
queasy. Four hours later (two hours after I landed ) I had severe
diarrhea. How does one go about reporting it to an airline or seeing if
other passengers reported the same thing. (It`s possible I picked up
the problem from something I ate at the airport.)

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote in message
About four hours into a flight from Lima to Dallas I started getting
queasy. Four hours later (two hours after I landed ) I had severe
diarrhea. How does one go about reporting it to an airline or seeing if
other passengers reported the same thing. (It`s possible I picked up
the problem from something I ate at the airport.)

Having flown in and out of Jorge Chavez airport in Lima, the odds are
strongly in favor of that hypothesis.

Old May 15th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote in message
About four hours into a flight from Lima to Dallas I started getting
queasy. Four hours later (two hours after I landed ) I had severe
diarrhea. How does one go about reporting it to an airline or seeing if
other passengers reported the same thing. (It`s possible I picked up
the problem from something I ate at the airport.)

Uh, did you eat the lima beans? ;O)

Old May 15th, 2006, 08:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air

The question still remains, is there any way to report food poisoning to
an airline?
I`ve heard about medical issues on cruise ships but people are on them
for days. People are on airlines for hours and then go in different
directions. Food poisoning
takes hours to develop. For all I know half the passengers got sick
after they got off the plane.

Old May 15th, 2006, 01:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:
The question still remains, is there any way to report food poisoning to
an airline?

Well, yes there is. You might try picking up the phone and
calling your airline for a start.
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air

If memory serves, I had a hamburger at one airport cafe and hard ice
cream at another. It would have been several hours sense I would have
eaten anything else. The real question I have is what would the most
likely water (ice) contaminates be and how long would they take to
produce symptoms?