These are the secrets that travel agents

Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default These are the secrets that travel agents

Travel Agents are treated differently than the rest of us. And the
reason is simple: The travel industry is a 4 trillion dollar a year
business!
With that kind of money being spent on travel, you can just imagine the
competition. The travel industry will spend millions on advertising and
they'll do what ever it takes to get them their piece of the pie.
It's a known fact; the travel industry survives on the business
supplied to them by Travel Agents. And because so much of their
business relies on Travel Agents, the travel industry treats these
Travel Agents like royalty!
http://travelguideelvh.thisbelongsto.us/home.htm

Old July 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 7/3/2006 3:08 AM did the "monkey dance", then
made these writings:
Travel Agents are treated differently than the rest of us. And the
reason is simple: The travel industry is a 4 trillion dollar a year
business!
With that kind of money being spent on travel, you can just imagine the
competition. The travel industry will spend millions on advertising and
they'll do what ever it takes to get them their piece of the pie.
It's a known fact; the travel industry survives on the business
supplied to them by Travel Agents. And because so much of their
business relies on Travel Agents, the travel industry treats these
Travel Agents like royalty!
http://travelguideelvh.thisbelongsto.us/home.htm

Yeah right. Travel Agents are invited on Fam trips true. But it's not
the Penthouse Suite but an Inside Cabin the size of a broom closet that
my sister got on the newest and largest RCCL cruise ship. Travel Agents
right more than their share of airline tickets but no commission. Some
agencies charge a fee for this but many provide the service as a
courtesy. In return to some destinations they can get Agent's rates.
But this translates into flying stand-by, or red eye or at the wee hours
of the night.

I wouldn't knock those perks that TAs get. As a professional Travel
Agent, my sister has had to do some challenging things. This included
facilitating the repatriation of a client's mother from Paris. She also
goes on several self-financed Fam trips a year. Karen believes that she
cannot just write tickets, but should have some first hand experience of
destinations her clients go to. Yeah, there's some loyalty here. After
all I am her brother. I am also a client. One time I lost my
documentation while in transit to a vacation spot. Karen hooked me up
with the right US Embassy people to change what could have been a
disaster into a great vacation.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Is it worth becoming a TA? My friend recently got hers and she paid a
franchise fee (don't know how much) to join an agency.

Old July 4th, 2006, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 7/3/2006 2:59 PM JC did the "monkey dance", then made these writings:
"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

Karen has never paid anyone to work at their agency. She has always
been discretely invited while working at another agency. She started
out at a privately owned independent agency and currently works for
Marshal Fields Travel (which is now a part of Macy's). The only
investment she made was to the business school where the trained to be a
Travel Agent. It was highly recommended by friends in the field.

Does it pay to be a Travel Agent. Yes it does if you are willing to
work hard and occasionally come in after business hours to help clients
who have gotten themselves into a jam. However, the competition is
ramping up from the Obrbitzs, Travelocities and such. But on the other
hand the travelbots don't provide the personal touch. If an agency has
great leadership then it's a good place to work, as with any business.
One thing about my sister she has excellent networking skills,
salesmanship and a good business sense. She has a real enthusiasm about
travel and the travel industry. I believe those are characteristics you
should have if you want to be a TA. Those are qualities you should seek
if you are looking for a good TA.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Anahia

Travel Agents are treated differently than the rest of us. And the
reason is simple: The travel industry is a 4 trillion dollar a year
business!
With that kind of money being spent on travel, you can just imagine the
competition. The travel industry will spend millions on advertising and
they'll do what ever it takes to get them their piece of the pie.
It's a known fact; the travel industry survives on the business
supplied to them by Travel Agents. And because so much of their
business relies on Travel Agents, the travel industry treats these
Travel Agents like royalty!

I can help you get all the travel agent benefits for life!!!
you know, or might have heard of... the type of discounts...
hotel, cruises, tours, car rental, etc...

it's totally legal... if interested e-mail me...