73 Year old man kills leopard

Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:58 PM
Whitedog

Default 73 Year old man kills leopard

What an amazing story, I though this was worth sharing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317484/
--
.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old June 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:58:13 +0100, Whitedog
wrote:

What an amazing story, I though this was worth sharing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317484/

I don't believe it. I think it's obvious nonsense.

I do believe that the man may have killed the leopard, but
certainly not by dropping his panga before using it on the
leopard first.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:51 PM
T S Skogvold

wrote:

What an amazing story, I though this was worth sharing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317484/

And the source story in Kenya's The Standard:

--
Thomas
Old June 26th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Corné

I don't believe it. I think it's obvious nonsense.

I do believe that the man may have killed the leopard, but
certainly not by dropping his panga before using it on the
leopard first.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

It must be nonsense. Leopards are known to kill domestic dogs, even
boerbulls and rottweilers whose weight are over 100 kg! This animal is so
powerful that it can even drag a pray into a tree, which is twice the weight
of the leopard!!

And now we have to believe that a 73 old man killed that leopard....?

Don't think so.
Corné.

www.amukela.com

Do mail, please.

Old June 26th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Whitedog

wrote:

What an amazing story, I though this was worth sharing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317484/

I don't believe it. I think it's obvious nonsense.

I do believe that the man may have killed the leopard, but
certainly not by dropping his panga before using it on the
leopard first.

Heh, I didn't say it was true! I suspect the other villagers killed it
but were impressed at the man fighting a leopard so the story was made
a bit more interesting.
--
.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old June 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:40:31 +0200, "Corné"
wrote:

I don't believe it. I think it's obvious nonsense.

I do believe that the man may have killed the leopard, but
certainly not by dropping his panga before using it on the
leopard first.

It must be nonsense. Leopards are known to kill domestic dogs, even
boerbulls and rottweilers whose weight are over 100 kg! This animal is so
powerful that it can even drag a pray into a tree, which is twice the weight
of the leopard!!

And now we have to believe that a 73 old man killed that leopard....?

Don't think so.

Corné,

a human with a weapon, even just a club, can be very dangerous
to an animal. I well-aimed hit with a panga can certainly kill a
leopard.

The only thing I don't believe is the idiotic story of grabbing
the tongue. He may well have done that, but only after the
leopard was already dead.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.