Morocco/Agadir Advice please?

Old June 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Tina

Default Morocco/Agadir Advice please?

My family are going to Agadir in few weeks, and would like some advice about
dress code, moving about, food, money,etc.

1) We need to decide how much currency to take for two weeks. Has anybody
had any experience in the Agadir area, and bearing in mind we are staying
half board anyway, what would be a sensible amount to take for a family of
five (two adults and three kids)? Also, should we take travellers cheques
or, as our guide book suggests, simply withdraw from ATM machines?

2) Dress code - The children are all 13 and under. Do they, or even my
partner and I, have to observe any dress codes/policies, whilst outside of
the actual hotel (even if we are simply within Agadir)? I have heard it is
more relaxed than most other locations within Morocco.

3) How expensive is eating out within Agadir, and what is the variety like?

4) Has anybody got any experience of the Hotel Occidental Allegro Tamelt?

Thanks in advance any help.

Ian

Old June 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Magic Morocco

hi
agadir is a pretty city , nice and quiet.
1) 5 persons for 2 weeks , 2000 to 3000 usd is sufficient . all cards
and cheques are accepted.
2) no need to observe nothing. agadir and most of other moroccan cities
are like any other european cities.
3) not so expensive, restaurants are offering all kinds of
international kitchen and prices varies for 5 persons its will
something like 20 to 60 usd.
also look at http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com and
http://www.magicmorocco.com
cheers