Club Med -- Moorea

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:00 AM
FeAudrey

Default Club Med -- Moorea

I came across this note (have cleaned up the spelling) on:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread...eadid=19866&s= (Dec 2002)

"The Moorea Club Med, which was closed 2 years ago due to money problems,
is right down the beach and is now a youth hostel for wayward iguanas,
crabs, felines and other assorted beach animals. Really too bad
considering the size of the property (huge) and the location, which is
great."

So it sounds as if Club Med has let Moorea (closed after 9/11) pretty
much go derelict. (not that that would have been much of a change, as
the property had a sort of ramshackle, Somerset Maugham-type charm when
in operation)

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,
too)!
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Mo Allen

I came across this note (have cleaned up the spelling) on:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread...eadid=19866&s= (Dec 2002)

"The Moorea Club Med, which was closed 2 years ago due to money problems,
is right down the beach and is now a youth hostel for wayward iguanas,
crabs, felines and other assorted beach animals. Really too bad
considering the size of the property (huge) and the location, which is
great."

So it sounds as if Club Med has let Moorea (closed after 9/11) pretty
much go derelict. (not that that would have been much of a change, as
the property had a sort of ramshackle, Somerset Maugham-type charm when
in operation)

I sure do hate to hear that. Has anyone else been by the property more
recently? Wishfull thinking that something may have changed in the
past year and a half and renovations have started.
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
FeAudrey

In article ,
says...

(FeAudrey) wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to report that I haven't seen anything to that effect on any of the
usual venues for Club Med news.