Grand Palladium Resort in Cancun/Riviera Maya

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Hai Pham

Default Grand Palladium Resort in Cancun/Riviera Maya

All:

We just booked the All-inclusive vacations through Apple Vacations discount
channel for August 3 - August 10. After talking with some of our relatives
and friends we decide to choose this resort and with very reasonable price
(under 1K/person for everything for 2 people, and under $900/person for our
family of 4 2 teenager 15 & 18).
Anyone has experience with Grand Palladium resort or the area, please post
or email to me. I promise when I come back I will post a report and compare
with our experience with our cruises in the past.
One thing we did not understand is the price for flying from Philadelphia to
Cancun for this resort is about $360 cheaper than flying from Tampa/Orlando
!!!! But for another Resort about the same quality (5 "Golden Apple"), it is
about the same price for either Phila or Tampa departure and about $60
higher compare with Grand Palladium for 2 people and about $160/person
higher for us since we have to split into 2 rooms. We deicide to book the
Grand Palladium since my sister in-law from Tampa decides not going. We
asked the travel agent why since the airplane will land in Cancun for either
Resort, he said that's the way Apple Vacations price it.

Hai

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Hai Pham

I am sorry, it is Palladium Grand Resort. It is in Riviera Maya near Cancun.
We were told it is much better compare with Cancun.

Hai

Old May 9th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Steven Goodman

Hai Pham wrote:

We asked the travel agent why since the airplane will land in Cancun for either
Resort, he said that's the way Apple Vacations price it.

Hai

Many resort chains do "regional pricing"; Superclubs used to offer a
"west coast" promotion, good only from the west coast. For chains that
include air, it is often based on the availability of charter seats. A
place they fly a not very full charter from will often have very good
prices. Club Med often has very good prices from NYC, as they fly
charters from there.

The big chains also do national pricing, the same package in Canada is
often cheaper than in the US.

Steven Goodman

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Hai Pham

Steven,

I understand since at Philadelphia Apple Vacations has promotion with USA
300 as charter so the air fare is cheaper. But I don't understand why when I
ask for the resort nearby the price is the about the same actually Tampa is
few bucks cheaper !!!

Hai