Take your kids to the Mel Gibson movie !

Old February 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
SpaceGirl

Default Take your kids to the Mel Gibson movie !

"Duke of URL" macbenahATkdsiDOTnet wrote in message
In om,
ohoe radiated into the WorldWideWait:

Take your kids to the movie

Why would I want to expose children to a propaganda film about one of
many false gods? At least the Hindu myths are more colorful and
entertaining than the Xian ones. Too bad no movie about them will be
made.

Doh... isn't that rather short sighted? If (when) we have kids, I'd want
them (when old enough) to see movies about the myths behind all the major
religions.

Old February 20th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Therion Ware

On 20 Feb 2004 11:33:07 -0800 in alt.atheism, Vitruvian
(Vitruvian)) said, directing the reply
to alt.atheism

Why are Xtians always going on about the "sacrifice ...of Christ?" Is it
not true that *thousands* of people were crucified during Roman times?
Did they suffer any less, because they weren't divine? Why to they get
dismissed as just some poor schlocks, while JC gets all the attention?

Agreed. I think that we should go back to Spartacus as a sort of
secular saint of the quest for freedom. Of course, after his slave
revolt failed, he and all the rest of the slaves were crucified,
placed every couple of yards along the whole length of the Via Appia
(some 30 miles IIRC). Now, that's a crucifixion and a sacrifice. Not
to mention a really smelly road to travel for the next couple months.

And Spartacus was played by Kirk Douglas, which has got to count for
something...

I think there was more between Tony Curtis and that Roman General than
the film let on... directly at least.
--
"Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You."
- Attrib: Pauline Reage.
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:26 PM
David Silberstein

In article ,
Bill Snyder wrote:

[snip troll]

[snip troll in response to troll]

I'd give this about a D+, maybe a C-. Definitely well into the Room
For Improvement category. Just the same, it's good to see you trolls
trying less boringly conventional tactics, and working together. Keep
at it. It's probably just a matter of finding exactly the right
combination of groups; *somewhere* on Usenet, there's almost bound to
be someone -- perhaps even several someones -- stupid enough to
actually take you seriously.

Nevertheless:

"Any sufficiently wry wag is indistinguishable from a
full-blown bat**** nutcase."
-- Steve Coltrin

Old February 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Richard

Default Don't Take your kids to the Mel Gibson movie !

"Susan Cohen" wrote in message . ..
"ohoe" wrote in message
om...
Take your kids to the movie

By Israel Shamir

Keep your missionizing crap to yourself.

You've got to admit, this passage from his article is pretty funny.

"Indeed, this film can wake up the American Christians to the supreme
sacrifice and glory of Christ. It will bring American 'Jews' to the
crown of their long assimilation process - to the Church. It will set
them free - for Christianity is freedom, first of all. And then the
Holy Land will remain the socle of the Cross, not the base of
Antichrist."
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Tim May

In article ,
mtravelkay wrote:

ohoe wrote:

Take your kids to the movie

You do realize that it is rated "R" for violence, correct?

Why I am taking my kids next weekend, even though their mother says
she'll report me to CPS. God-damned Jewlover ****.

Her head belongs on a pole, lit on fire for the world to see.

--Tim May
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:02 AM
The Other Kim

Tim May wrote:

In article , Bill

Reich
wrote:

That's MR. CHRISTKILLER to you. MR. ARMED CHRISTKILLER.

Want to ensure your kids a short life, get them to attack Jews.

Hey, Willhelm Reich, III, my kids have already kicked the **** out of
some little Mordecai and Shlomo Christkillers in their school. Like
most of their tribe, the little Jew shmucks whined about
"discrimination." Probably went home to spin their dreidels, pull

their
sidelocks, make posters calling for "Disarmament," and stick pins in
some Jesus dolls.

Nice. Good 'Christian' thinking here. I do hope your little brats were
disciplined by their school, or is it a Christian version of a madrasa,
where only hatred and intolerance of other possible views are taught? I
think you made that all up, as anyone who 'kicks the **** out of' anyone
usually doesn't last long in any school.

Any wonder the Christian religion is collapsing under the weight of its
own hatred? Jesus would not recognize what we know as 'Christianity' as
having anything to do with his teachings, as he taught love and
acceptance of one's fellow man.

Mel has your number. The free ride is almost over.

For the Church, sure is. Your religion is taking its own mythology as
being historically accurate, a sure sign that it is becoming 'evil' -
see _When Religion Becomes Evil_ by Charles Kimball (a Baptist minister,
BTW) for more on that and those lovely Christian 'love' movements, the
Crusades and the Inquisition. Oh, let's throw in the Dark Ages and the
witch hunts while we're at it.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:05 AM
The Other Kim

Richard wrote:

You've got to admit, this passage from his article is pretty funny.

"Indeed, this film can wake up the American Christians to the supreme
sacrifice and glory of Christ. It will bring American 'Jews' to the
crown of their long assimilation process - to the Church. It will set
them free - for Christianity is freedom, first of all. And then the
Holy Land will remain the socle of the Cross, not the base of
Antichrist."

Yeah, I especially like the bit about Christianity being freedom. Sure,
you're free...as long as you believe what you're told, do as you're
told, don't ask questions, follow along like a good sheep (there's a
reason church members are called a 'flock', you know)...any wonder I
left the church years ago???

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:50 AM
Mushinronsha

Vitruvian wrote:
Why are Xtians always going on about the "sacrifice ...of Christ?" Is it
not true that *thousands* of people were crucified during Roman times?
Did they suffer any less, because they weren't divine? Why to they get
dismissed as just some poor schlocks, while JC gets all the attention?

Agreed. I think that we should go back to Spartacus as a sort of
secular saint of the quest for freedom. Of course, after his slave
revolt failed, he and all the rest of the slaves were crucified,
placed every couple of yards along the whole length of the Via Appia
(some 30 miles IIRC). Now, that's a crucifixion and a sacrifice. Not
to mention a really smelly road to travel for the next couple months.

And Spartacus was played by Kirk Douglas, which has got to count for
something...

Oh, if only Spartacus had a Piper Cub! He could really have kicked ass!
Mushy

Old February 21st, 2004, 01:16 AM

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:07:52 -0600, "LugoMan" wrote:

Take your kids to the movie

By Israel Shamir

Keep your missionizing crap to yourself.

It's not missionizing, it's a good parenting tip. I plan on taking my kids
to see the movie and then building a big wooden cross in the backyard. I
will then tell the kids if they misbehave they will be crucified. If it's
good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for them.

WTG! Just hope your local PD doesn't catch up with you.