On December 29, 2007, around 06:00 . . .

Old December 31st, 2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default On December 29, 2007, around 06:00 . . .

Magda wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:57:28 -0700, in rec.travel.europe, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Although my mother enjoyed reasonably good health and all
... her mental faculties until nearly her hundredth birthday,
... during her remaining two years (whenever she was aware of
... her surroundings)

So, she had "all her faculties" but most/some of the time she was *not* aware of her
surroundings? Is it me or is there a contradiction there?

No contradiction - it was AFTER her hundredth birthday that
she began to fail! (She was fine until then - and fully
aware - except when she occasionally dozed off in the middle
of a conversation.)
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
Mxsmanic

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

I am fond of quoting a famous physician (whose name escapes
me): "Life is a fatal disease." Man is the only animal
that fears death - others try to avoid it, of course, but
the anticipatory fear that mars the lives of so many elderly
humans is absent in other creatures.

We have no way of knowing whether or not other creatures fear death, as we
don't know what they are thinking. It is typically human, though, to presume
that we do.
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food

Mxsmanic wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

I am fond of quoting a famous physician (whose name escapes
me): "Life is a fatal disease." Man is the only animal
that fears death - others try to avoid it, of course, but
the anticipatory fear that mars the lives of so many elderly
humans is absent in other creatures.

We have no way of knowing whether or not other creatures fear death, as we
don't know what they are thinking. It is typically human, though, to presume
that we do.

How would YOU know what's "typically human", Mixie? you are
the most a-typical human I've ever encountered, either
electronically or in real life!
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
[email protected]

Bob Ford scribed:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:08:23 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

How totally insensitive and rude that this thread is going the
direction it is going in.

Lew simply posts the information that his Mother had passed away.
My sympathies to you Lew and that is all anyone else should have said.

If the rude people here wish to continue their debates, please take it
to a new thread with a new subject line.

Inadvertently posted only to r.a.d.
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
John Wheaton

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
. . . m'mother died at the age of 94.36.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Old January 1st, 2008, 09:23 AM posted to rec.arts.dance, rec.travel.usa-canada, rec.travel.europe, ba.food
[email protected]

On Dec 30 2007, 4:54�am, Icono Clast wrote:
. . . m'mother died at the age of 94.36.

Regulars in the four fora to which this is posted might recall
numerous comments, for years, that my mother wanted to die. That she
has done so is not a sad occasion nor one for sympathy for us
survivors, many friends, two children and two grandchildren.

It is oft said that death is part of life. C'est la vie.

� � � � � � � � Icono Clast - An orphan in San Francisco

A full life, lived with loving family and friends, is a thing to be
celebrated. I join you in celebration of her memory.

David Koppelman
Old January 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM posted to rec.arts.dance, rec.travel.usa-canada, rec.travel.europe, ba.food
Frank Rizzo

On Dec 30 2007, 4:54 am, Icono Clast wrote:
. . . m'mother died at the age of 94.36.

Regulars in the four fora to which this is posted might recall
numerous comments, for years, that my mother wanted to die. That she
has done so is not a sad occasion nor one for sympathy for us
survivors, many friends, two children and two grandchildren.

It is oft said that death is part of life. C'est la vie.

Icono Clast - An orphan in San Francisco

Deepest condolences to you and your family. Have a celebration of her
life.

Rizzo
Old January 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
Markku Grönroos

"Frank Rizzo" kirjoitti
On Dec 30 2007, 4:54 am, Icono Clast wrote:
. . . m'mother died at the age of 94.36.

Regulars in the four fora to which this is posted might recall
numerous comments, for years, that my mother wanted to die. That she
has done so is not a sad occasion nor one for sympathy for us
survivors, many friends, two children and two grandchildren.

It is oft said that death is part of life. C'est la vie.

Icono Clast - An orphan in San Francisco

Deepest condolences to you and your family. Have a celebration of her
life.

Absolutely. However, perhaps you post your condolences in email rather than
crosspost them all over the usenet.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 02:12 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,ba.food
sharx35

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"Frank Rizzo" kirjoitti