Transit Visa, Info... Urgent

Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:50 AM
Morphee

Default Transit Visa, Info... Urgent

Hi,

i have Schengen Visa (with Pakistan Passport) for 1 year multi-entry
it expires on Sept 2004.

I am in Spain ,I am flying with IBERIA from Spain to Paris then EK
from Paris to Dubai.

I landed paris on 9th March 2003 and now my 90 days are about to be
over..

but i wish to leave on 9th June (that mean 92 days) from spain to
paris.

since i already have Valid Schengen visa which is not expired can i
make transit after remaing 92 in spain.

my question is would i be able to make transit in paris with Valid
Schengen visa but stayed over 90 days.

i had pretty bad experince with Amsterdam last year but in that year
my visa was expeired...

I would appritiate your help

thanks

champ
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
Sjoerd

"Morphee" schreef in bericht
m...
Hi,

i have Schengen Visa (with Pakistan Passport) for 1 year multi-entry
it expires on Sept 2004.

I am in Spain ,I am flying with IBERIA from Spain to Paris then EK
from Paris to Dubai.

I landed paris on 9th March 2003 and now my 90 days are about to be
over..

but i wish to leave on 9th June (that mean 92 days) from spain to
paris.

since i already have Valid Schengen visa which is not expired can i
make transit after remaing 92 in spain.

my question is would i be able to make transit in paris with Valid
Schengen visa but stayed over 90 days.

i had pretty bad experince with Amsterdam last year but in that year
my visa was expeired...

Depends on the check-in agent of Iberia when you check-in for your flight to
Paris. I once queued behind a Chinese lady who was refused to board a KLM
plane from Amsterdam to Rome because her Schengen visa had expired the day
before. She was told to report to Dutch immigration. Don't know what
happened to her.

Sjoerd

Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
david

(Morphee) wrote in message om...
[...]

OK, your visa allows you to remain in the Schengen region for up to 90
days. The problem is that when you pass through Paris you will have
been in the region (France and Spain) for 92 days.

You have three options: i. do nothing and hope that the authorities in
Paris will have the common sense not to make a fuss over two extra
days. Unfortunately, in the present climate you would not be wise to
trust to their common sense ...
ii. See about getting some kind of extension: I have no idea if this
is possible;
iii. Perhaps the simplest solution: leave the Schengen region and
re-enter it again, since you have a multiple entry visa this would not
present problems. If you are in the south of Spain then a day-trip to
Morroco would be a simple and enjoyable solution. If you are in the
north then investigate whether there are any tiny little countries
(Andorra? San Marino?) that are not Schengen countries. Or you could
try to get a cheap flight to Malta ...
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:41 PM
AJC

On 2 Jun 2004 12:34:13 -0700, (david) wrote:

(Morphee) wrote in message om...
[...]

That is all assuming of course that a Pakistani national doesn't need
a visa for Morocco, Malta, Andorra, etc. From Southern Spain he could
also just walk in to Gibraltar, again visa requirements permitting.
--==++AJC++==--
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:52 PM
Sjoerd

"david" schreef in bericht
om...
(Morphee) wrote in message

[...]

The authorities in Paris are not the OP's problem as they won't normally
check passports in France when arriving from another Schengen country. The
check-in agent in Spain is his problem. (and is likely to carefully check a
*Pakistani* passport)

Unfortunately, in the present climate you would not be wise to
trust to their common sense ...
ii. See about getting some kind of extension: I have no idea if this
is possible;
iii. Perhaps the simplest solution: leave the Schengen region and
re-enter it again, since you have a multiple entry visa this would not
present problems.

The OP would have to check the exact text of his visa. Normally it will say
"valid for multiple entries from xx/xx/200x until xx/xx/200x and for a stay
of max. 90 days in any 180 day period" If this is the case a day trip to
Morocco or any other country won't solve his problem.

Sjoerd

Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
Gregory Morrow

Morphee wrote:

Hi,

i have Schengen Visa (with Pakistan Passport) for 1 year multi-entry
it expires on Sept 2004.

I am in Spain ,I am flying with IBERIA from Spain to Paris then EK
from Paris to Dubai.

I landed paris on 9th March 2003 and now my 90 days are about to be
over..

but i wish to leave on 9th June (that mean 92 days) from spain to
paris.

since i already have Valid Schengen visa which is not expired can i
make transit after remaing 92 in spain.

my question is would i be able to make transit in paris with Valid
Schengen visa but stayed over 90 days.

i had pretty bad experince with Amsterdam last year but in that year
my visa was expeired...

I would appritiate your help

You Pakis should be consider yourselves lucky to get visas from any
civilised country at all....

Why don't you simply follow the rules rather than crying "victim"...???

--
Best
Greg

Old June 3rd, 2004, 09:55 AM
Morphee

thanks all of you who replied. yes re-entring is a simple solution
but not as simple...vias's problem

my only concern was i have valid Visa untill sept 2004.. they only
problme is staying 2 days over

anyways now planing to leave on 6 or 7th june (on 90th day)..
the only problem flying after 92 days was in b/w spain and France.

thanks.

now some words for this chap who replied in last...
i dont know where are you from ? nor do i wish to comment on
your......

i am here for my client, the reason i have to wait for 2 days is that
my client is requesting me to stay further for 2 days as he delayed
his work...

Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:54 AM
david

Posters like this (see below) would make me ashamed to be British,
were it not that they are thankfully) rare, and this person does not
use English like a native. If he could read English accurately, he
would see that the OP is indeed asking advice on how to follow the
rules.

Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Sjoerd

"AJC" schreef in bericht
Gregory is American, assuming it is him posting, and not an imposter,
you can't always tell these days!

It seems that ever since his Arab boyfriend dumped him, Gregory has become
very anti-Arab and anti-Islam.

Sjoerd