Orca Enterprises Juneau Tour

Old May 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Doug Burgess

Default Orca Enterprises Juneau Tour

Any feedback about this tour would be appreciated.

DougB in Fremont, CA
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On May 14, 11:49*am, Doug Burgess wrote:
Any feedback about this tour would be appreciated.

DougB in Fremont, CA

We took it and loved it ... Office was right across from the
terminal ... and Capt. Larry not only looks like a salty sea
captain ... but has the other whale watching ships following his
lead ...
The driver taking us there and back was very friendly and even gave a
mini tour of the town ... making a couple of stops for photo ops ...
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Go Fig

In article , Doug Burgess
wrote:

Any feedback about this tour would be appreciated.

I highly recommended them back in '96 here and if Capt. Larry is still
part of the outfit you are in excellent hands... if there are whales he
will find them... nice family run operation.

jay
Wed May 14, 2008

DougB in Fremont, CA

Old May 16th, 2008, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Capt. Larry is the most-recommended whale watch guide in Juneau. With
that said, when we went out with his operation in 2004, we had another
guide as they were running several boats, and our experience was not
the same as most descriptions of outings with Capt. Larry. Thus, I
would press to find out whether he will personally do the tour or if
there are multiple boats/operators running.

If you haven't check into the Cruise CriticPorts of CallAlaska
discussions of late, do so. You will find up-to-the-minute reports on
Alaska cruises, port activities, etc.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX