Avoid Delta and Atlanta

Old July 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:17:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Indeed, if they had been properly educated about how to deal with the
heat, they needn't have died from it.

An education would not have helped without the actual tools, such as
air conditioning.

Yes it would have. Examine the cases where people people died, and
invariably they neglected to do something well within their power.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:15:42 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tchiowa writes:

Is that why so many French died of heat a couple of years ago?

They died mainly because there was no air conditioning.

Mainly? It seems to me you consider air con the sole means of dealing
with heat. In fact it appears a major cause of yours to educate
Europeans on how it should be everywhere.
--
---
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Yes it would have. Examine the cases where people people died, and
invariably they neglected to do something well within their power.

Like buying an air-conditioner?

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Mainly? It seems to me you consider air con the sole means of dealing
with heat.

Ultimately, it is.

Old July 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Miguel Cruz

Mxsmanic wrote:
Too many people here are more concerned with attacking me than they
are with finding out the truth. They are like schoolboys on a
playground, ready to rumble but without a clue. Look it up _first_,
then speak only if I've clearly made a mistake (which is rare). You
see, I _do_ look things up.

You make plenty of mistakes, and your version of "looking things up"
often amounts to having a recollection of reading something once upon a
time.

However, you spend so much time surgically editing the messages you are
replying to in order to create the impression that people are saying
different things from what they actually were, that you are frequently
able to declare victory to your own satisfaction. To onlookers it
appears ridiculous, but I think there's a certain lack of self-awareness
at work here.

miguel
--
Photos from 40 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia; Thailand; Singapore; Spain; Morocco
Old July 30th, 2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Miguel Cruz

Mxsmanic wrote:
They died mainly because there was no air conditioning.

If that was the case then half the people here would be dead. It is as
hot as France, and more humid. However, I have never heard of anyone
here dying as a result of heat, because they know how to deal with it.

miguel
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
nobody[_1_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
They died mainly because there was no air conditioning.

No, they dies because they didn't know how to cope with the heat. Drink
lots of water, take cold shower etc etc. There are plenty of ways to
cope with relatively extreme heat if you are in a house.

However, older people tend to not think of this, close their windows
(because that is what they instintively do for anything) and just sit
and watch TV and hop the heat goes away.

Same with cold. When there was the ice storm, there was quite a bit of
debate about whether police/social agencies should have the right to
remove old people from cold homes if they felt those people weren't
coping. And many just sat in their living room with a blanket over
them, not moving and getting very sick from the cold and lack of food.

When you put someone in an unfamiliar environment, that is when they
tend to have problems that can cause death. But once a person is used to
the environment, it is a totally different story. The human body has a
remarquable ability to adapt to weather in a matter of days.
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
JohnT[_1_]

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:
Too many people here are more concerned with attacking me than they
are with finding out the truth. They are like schoolboys on a
playground, ready to rumble but without a clue. Look it up _first_,
then speak only if I've clearly made a mistake (which is rare). You
see, I _do_ look things up.

You make plenty of mistakes, and your version of "looking things up"
often amounts to having a recollection of reading something once upon a
time.

However, you spend so much time surgically editing the messages you are
replying to in order to create the impression that people are saying
different things from what they actually were, that you are frequently
able to declare victory to your own satisfaction. To onlookers it
appears ridiculous, but I think there's a certain lack of self-awareness
at work here.

Or perhaps it is due to Aspergers Syndrome.

JohnT

Old July 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:54:32 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Yes it would have. Examine the cases where people people died, and
invariably they neglected to do something well within their power.

Like buying an air-conditioner?

This really is a fixation of yours. Why do you continue pushing the
point? It's almost as if you truly believe you know better than the
Europeans.
--
---
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:55:25 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Mainly? It seems to me you consider air con the sole means of dealing
with heat.

Ultimately, it is.

What about putting your feet in a bucket of cold water, and switching
a fan on?
--
---