Myrtle Beach in May-- questions (water temp, condo choice, things to do)

Old April 14th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Restaurant Guy

Default Myrtle Beach in May-- questions (water temp, condo choice, things to do)

Hi,

Our family of 4 is driving from Ontario to Myrtle Beach for the last
week in May. Can anyone help with these questions?

1) Will the ocean water temperature make it swimmable? I hate cold
water.
2) Can you suggest a perfect, but affordable condo rental? We're
looking for a place with EVERYTHING (pool, jacuzzi, exercise room,
steam room, sauna, stuff for kids, easy beach access, walk to
restaurants etc.)
3) Can you suggest some activities? Parents are mid 30's, kids are 15
and 6.

Thanks much,

Brian
Old April 15th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Brian K

On 04/14/2004 8:47 AM Restaurant Guy wrote:

Hi,

Our family of 4 is driving from Ontario to Myrtle Beach for the last
week in May. Can anyone help with these questions?

1) Will the ocean water temperature make it swimmable? I hate cold
water.
2) Can you suggest a perfect, but affordable condo rental? We're
looking for a place with EVERYTHING (pool, jacuzzi, exercise room,
steam room, sauna, stuff for kids, easy beach access, walk to
restaurants etc.)
3) Can you suggest some activities? Parents are mid 30's, kids are 15
and 6.

Thanks much,

Brian

This link will enable you to look up typical coastal water temperature
for Myrtle Beach in May. http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/
Affordable means different things to different people. My suggestion is
that you do a Google search on "Myrtle Beach" "Vacation Rentals"
without quotes. That way you'll have a better idea what the rates are
and can compare that against your budget. Canadians have this affinity
with Myrtle Beach; South Carolina has other beaches as well. Closer to
Charleston is Isle of Palms. It's more built up that it was when I
attended USC. But the island is still nice and instead of a high-rise
condo you can rent a nice beach cottage for the same money. Folly Beach
is a mix of family stuff and boardwalk carny. You can stay in a cottage
away from the noise and steps to the beach and go to the boardwalk for
entertainment. Believe it or not, in May there are affordable places
in Hilton Head. Just wanted to give you some options if you don't find
anything at MB or Murrells Inlet.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Scotty Beats His Monkey

"Restaurant Guy" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Our family of 4 is driving from Ontario to Myrtle Beach for the last
week in May. Can anyone help with these questions?

1) Will the ocean water temperature make it swimmable? I hate cold
water.
2) Can you suggest a perfect, but affordable condo rental? We're
looking for a place with EVERYTHING (pool, jacuzzi, exercise room,
steam room, sauna, stuff for kids, easy beach access, walk to
restaurants etc.)
3) Can you suggest some activities? Parents are mid 30's, kids are 15
and 6.

Thanks much,

Brian

Being Canadian, the water temperature will be just fine for you I've
already been swimming at Hilton Head Island, and it was fine for me.

They have a CanAm week there sometime in May, but I'm not sure when it is. I
do know that the last week in May is SunFun week, when all the graduating
high school kids go to MB.

Here is a link that may help with your other questions.

http://www.myrtlebeachinfo.com/

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Scotty Beats His Monkey

"Scotty Beats His Monkey" wrote in
message ...

I do know that the last week in May is SunFun week, when all the graduating
high school kids go to MB.

Sorry, I was wrong. I just looked at the site, and it said SunFun week is
now in June.

Old April 21st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Lori K.

"Restaurant Guy" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Our family of 4 is driving from Ontario to Myrtle Beach for the last
week in May. Can anyone help with these questions?

Brian,

We got to Seawatch Plantation every year. http://www.seawatchresort.com/
We have been to 3 other places in MB and we have decided this one is the one
we prefer. We stay in one of the Towers which is oceanfront. It is a
timeshare resort with lots of rentals easily procured through the "Hotel"
part of it. When renting a unit we have never been bothered by the
timeshare sales- it might be sold out anyway. Oh, they are all condos. The
one bedroom is too small. 3 bedroom is pretty expensive so go from there.
There is a good chance it will easily be in the 90's F as right now it is in
the 80's. The water will be fine but not hot like summer. The water gets up
to 95 degrees F. by July. We stayed in the villas at Kingston Plantation
one time (it is comparable) - Seawatch is much better unless you like tennis
and want to pay an extra $30.00 per day per person to play. Also, it is in
North MB which is only a short drive to Broadway at the Beach (must go
there) and the Pavilion (the amusement park). It is 1/4 mile from Dixie
Stampede/Alabama Theatre. If you want more info feel free to email me and
take out "nospam". Enjoy!
Lori K. in NC

http://www.seawatchresort.com/

Old April 21st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Lori K.

snip
Canadians have this affinity
with Myrtle Beach; South Carolina has other beaches as well. Closer to
Charleston is Isle of Palms. It's more built up that it was when I
attended USC. But the island is still nice and instead of a high-rise
condo you can rent a nice beach cottage for the same money. Folly Beach
is a mix of family stuff and boardwalk carny. You can stay in a cottage
away from the noise and steps to the beach and go to the boardwalk for
entertainment. Believe it or not, in May there are affordable places
in Hilton Head. Just wanted to give you some options if you don't find
anything at MB or Murrells Inlet.
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.
Brian M. Kochera

Since you mentioned other places...don't forget the most beautiful place -
Bald Head Island! We love it there and go for day trips but $4000.00 US
plus for a week is a little steep for us! I love how it is all golf carts
and no cars and the beaches, oh the shell selection! Nothing else to do
though - part of it's charm. http://www.baldheadisland.com/ Not too far
of a drive from MB for a day trip though....

Lori K. in NC