Monterey, California This Month

Old December 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Seni Seven

Default Monterey, California This Month

Has anyone gone to Monterey at all---or in the pre-winter especially?

I want to get a package that includes:

* two-day, one night stay
* Monterey Bay Aquarium (probably the whole day, and JUST one day)
* whale watching the other day

I am a Californian who has been to MBA a few times---my stepfather did the
original art design of MBA when it was built by Julie Packard and father
in the 1980s---so based on my last visit a decade or so ago, I figure one
day is more than enough, although the Aquarium could have grown quite a
bit. Have never done the whale watching though.

I have this special girl here in USA for three months with two weeks left,
and so I am trying to please her.

I am looking at a B&B/hotel that provides a nice package, and want to know
who to look at or at least who to stay away from.

Doing this on Christmas or New Year's Day is not out of the question,
although I doubt the Aquarium or whale watch tour is open.

My main jumping-off point is he http://www.gowhales.com/hotelpkg.htm

Thanks for all suggestions.
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Dec 14, 9:53 am, Seni Seven wrote:

Thanks for all suggestions.

I suggest that you stop spamming.
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Seni Seven

PeterL wrote in rec.travel.usa-canada:

On Dec 14, 9:53 am, Seni Seven wrote:

Thanks for all suggestions.

I suggest that you stop spamming.

Make sure that you respond to the proper post next time.
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Seni Seven" wrote in message

[...]

Info is out there on the web - "seek and ye shall find". Or engage a travel
agent.

Why should we - the unpaid (by you) - do your work for you?

Old December 14th, 2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Seni Seven

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in
rec.travel.usa-canada:

"Seni Seven" wrote in message

[...]

I am looking for experiences, if that was not entirely plain to you.
Descriptions of experiences you cannot buy. You learn them from a forum
exactly like this one.
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Todd Michel McComb

In article ,
Seni Seven wrote:
Has anyone gone to Monterey at all---or in the pre-winter especially?

Many times.

I want to get a package that includes:
* two-day, one night stay

This may be a challenge. A lot of nicer places do two-night minimums
on weekends and holidays. One place that might help you is
www.resort2me.com which does only the Monterey area and will know
where you can stay one night. Otherwise, in my experience, calling
around to try to get a single night can be an effort.

There are a lot of nice places to stay in the area. It depends on
what you like. I don't have a sense of it from your post.

* Monterey Bay Aquarium (probably the whole day, and JUST one day)

Getting single day tickets is as easy as can be. This is a non-issue.

* whale watching the other day

I have not done this.

Old December 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

I have this special girl here in USA for three months with two weeks left,
and so I am trying to please her.

Lucky you.

You might try tripadvisor.com for advice on lodging & restaurants in
that area.

She also might enjoy a drive on the scenic "17-Mile Drive", which
starts just south of Monterey and has wonderful ocean views. It ends
at Carmel-By-The-Sea, which is touristy but has some nice restaurants,
art galleries, a nice Spanish mission, etc.

James
Old December 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:53:31 GMT, Seni Seven
wrote:

[...]

Is there only two weeks left in the relationship?

Why couldn't you do 2 nights?

I'd agree that the 17 mile drive is interesting.

Old December 15th, 2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"Seni Seven" wrote in message

[...]

My main jumping-off point is he http://www.gowhalespam.com/hotelpkg.htm

Thanks for all suggestions.

Just get an www.expedia.com deal or www.priceline.com and call up the whale
watching boat (number one is Magnum Force) and buy a ticket. Same with the
MBA.