HOMESTAY IN MEKONG DELTA

Old March 30th, 2009, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.marketplace
John Smith[_5_]

Default HOMESTAY IN MEKONG DELTA

Homestay in Mekong Delta - 2 days/1 night from USD 155
Saigon-Cai Be/Vinh Long-Saigon

This tour suits those who are adventurous, and want to stay in a local
home in Vinh Long, a small town in Mekong Delta, the homestay is a
great experience, but the conditions are really basic: the W.C is off
the bed room which there is no air con, just electric fan. The bed may
be not your favorite. This 2-day trip offers an insight into the local
life of the vibrant Southern Delta Region of Vietnam as we wind our
way through the tributaries of the Mekong Delta. From our boats, we
are able to closely observe the daily rituals of river life and
participate in the bustling commercial activities. Along the way, we
will visit an orchard farms, handicraft villages, and a land market
with an abundance of colorful fresh fruits and vegetables.

DAY 01, SAIGON/VINHLONG- MEKONG DELTA (L/D): Setting off for a drive
in the morning to Vinh Long Town, a small town of Mekong Delta, lying
to the Southwest of Saigon, it is one of the most fertile regions on
earth and home to some 20 million people. The best way to see the
Delta is, of course, by boat and we start our cruising to visit Brick
Kilns where thousands of bricks and potteries are made. We will stop
at a local home for a sumptuous Delta lunch, including the popular
dish of Elephant ear fish, before continuing our exploration of the
tributaries and canals of the delta, you can have an exciting bike
riding along local roads if you wish to. Arriving at a local family
where we settle down for our night. The locals will be our hosts for
this evening, you can join in the cooking dinner or do some gardening
with the locals or just wonder around the surroundings. If the weather
allows, we can do a rowing boat on small cannels near by our Homestay.
Stay at a local home at night.

DAY 02: CAIBE/SAIGON (B): Rising early to the sounds of the Delta
coming to life for another day. After simple breakfast, we start our
trip on boat again, cruising on backwaters we’ll discover how the
local people lead their lives here and go about their daily business.
The slow cruise passing by a congested flotilla of boats selling all
manner of fruit and vegetables at Cai Be’s floating market. We’ll
visit some family-run industries, which include a rice paper, popcorn
and popped rice before catching our car back and return to Saigon at
noon time.

USD 155 per Person
(Minimum 2 persons)
Old March 30th, 2009, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.marketplace
John Smith[_5_]

www.vietnamalive.com
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM posted to rec.travel.marketplace
MIKE, USA

On Mar 30, 12:38*am, John Smith wrote:
www.vietnamalive.com

Great!