Galveston, Texas A Great Texas Port, And A Wonderful Cruise Vacation

Old February 17th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Sol - Sadie Sampson

Default Galveston, Texas A Great Texas Port, And A Wonderful Cruise Vacation

Galveston, Texas A Great Texas Port, And A Wonderful Cruise Vacation

We recently cruised on the "ELATION" out of Galveston, Texas. We were
three retired couples from Seattle, WA. that needed to get to warmer
weather for a few days. We decided on the "ELATION" because we wanted to
cruise out of Galveston, Texas. Non of us had ever been to Texas before.
We read up on Galveston and the surrounding area, and this just seem to
be the perfect place to start our western Caribbean cruise.

A few days before leaving Seattle a friend provided us with the name and
telephone number of a gentlemen in Houston with a lots of information
about hotels and transportation in Houston and Galveston. I visited with
this gentlemen on the telephone, asking him for advise on services
available in both Houston and Galveston. Since our cruise would sail on
Sunday afternoon, we all decided to fly down to Houston early, so we
arrived on Friday.

This gentlemen a Mr. L. J. Cormier provided me with a lots information
about transfer service and hotels in both cities. For our Friday stay we
selected a hotel near Bush Airport in Houston. At his advise we booked
at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. When we made our reservations
we told the hotel we were coming in to go on a cruise ship and they give
us this fabulous rate. We couldn't believe we got such a great rate at a
Hilton hotel. And the hotel even picked us up at the airport.

Mr. Cormier, had also agreed to transport us to Galveston on Saturday,
we also requested he give us a sightseeing tour of Houston before going
to Galveston. It turned out he is a professional tour guide and had a
great deal of knowledge about Houston and the area. After two hours of
sightseeing in the big and busy city of Houston he drove us to Galveston.

When we got to Galveston our driver give us a great tour of this island
city on the Gulf of Mexico. Oh I thought I had gone to haven. As we
drove down the "Seawall" there were people lying around on the beach,
young people surfing in the Gulf waters. We couldn't believe this was
January, and folks walking around in shorts, swimsuits, short shelves
and sandals. After we left the beach area we drove in area of town with
beautiful old Victorian mansions. And then on to the old Historic
downtown area called "The Strand". This is the area next to the cruise
ship terminal with lot of shops, restaurants, bars and museums. This
area is where our Galveston hotel was located. We spent Saturday night
at the Harbor House Hotel at pier 21, everything was so close and
convince . The hotel was great.

Saturday afternoon we did a walking around downtown, Saturday evening we
had delicious seafood in a restaurant overlooking the water and then
walked to the "Strand" for cocktails before returning to our hotel.

On Sunday morning we all met in the hotel lobby at 11:00 am for check
out and then for the three minute taxi-van ride to the ship.

Our entire party had a wonderful cruise on the "Elation", the weather
was great the entire time. It was a little cool and damp on our return
to Galveston on the following Sunday. We disembarked the ship with no
problems at about 9:45 am, and there was our driver L. J. waiting to
return us to the Houston Airport, which was an hour and a half ride from
the ship. I wish we could return again soon. This is a wonderful part of
the country, everyone we encountered were warm, friendly and accommodating.

For a wonderful cruise vacation we recommend the Carnival Cruise Line's
"Elation". and spend a pre-cruise night in Galveston. We also recommend
you contact Mr. L. J. Cormier at 281 443 4430 for all kind of
information and arrange and ask him to transport you to Galveston. He's
great.

Sol & Sadie Lehman-Sampson
Seattle, WA.
Sadielsampson@yahoo. com

Old February 17th, 2004, 08:57 AM
michael thomas

How much was each hotel?

How much was the transfer to Galveston?

Old February 17th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Reid

Following up to michael thomas

How much was the transfer to Galveston?

Never mind that, where the hell *is* this "Galveston"?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Richard

"Sol - Sadie Sampson" wrote in message

Galveston, Texas A Great Texas Port, And A Wonderful Cruise Vacation

snip

Wow! Over 12 hours have gone by and no one's pointed out that Texas isn't in
Europe. Or that HTML isn't appropriate on usenet. Or that this message is
spam.

You people are slipping!

Richard

Old February 17th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Dee Randall

"Reid" wrote in message
Following up to michael thomas

How much was the transfer to Galveston?

Never mind that, where the hell *is* this "Galveston"?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Walking, Wasdale, Thames path, London etc "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" --

you can email us@ this site
Spain, food and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all,

it's a spamtrap

Galveston is in Texas, USA. I find that Texans are very friendly.
Dee
Virginia, USA

Old February 17th, 2004, 10:34 PM
d b

Dee Randall wrote:

I find that Texans are very friendly.

Yes we usually are ! LOL

djb

Old February 18th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Dee Randall wrote:

"Reid" wrote in message

Following up to michael thomas

How much was the transfer to Galveston?

Never mind that, where the hell *is* this "Galveston"?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Walking, Wasdale, Thames path, London etc "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" --

you can email us@ this site

Spain, food and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all,

it's a spamtrap

Galveston is in Texas, USA. I find that Texans are very friendly.
Dee
Virginia, USA

As usual some are and some aren't. FFM

Old February 18th, 2004, 06:00 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

I'm confused - where was the cruise TO???? Your post is so full of the
(dubious) delights of Texas that you didn't tell us much about the
cruise itself. (Last time I looked, both Seattle and Galveston were in
the U.S., not Europe, and SFAIK Carnival runs cruises to Mexico and the
Carribean only - am I mistaken?)

Old February 18th, 2004, 06:01 AM

Reid wrote:

Following up to michael thomas

How much was the transfer to Galveston?

Never mind that, where the hell *is* this "Galveston"?

Somewhere on the Gulf of Mexico, I think - but then I'm "geographically
challenged" (although apparently not as severely so as the OP).