Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Old May 31st, 2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:35:12 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Any particular recommendations? (I'll do some research, natch.)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=natch

I don't know what shocks me mo That I have never heard that word,
or that my English feels decidedly insecure about it.

It's old slang. Not knowing slang is never something to worry about.

But you need to understand the word before you could know it.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic

It's old slang. Not knowing slang is never something to worry about.

if you don't mind appearing out of touch.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to The Reid :

Following up to Mxsmanic

It's old slang. Not knowing slang is never something to worry about.

if you don't mind appearing out of touch.

That never bothered Mixi. Look at 90% of his posts for evidence.
--
Tim C.
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin :

if you don't mind appearing out of touch.

That never bothered Mixi. Look at 90% of his posts for evidence.

If you had persevered you would have found the other 10% were the
same.

I thought as much. Those were the ones I fell asleep reading.
--
Tim C.
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

You must be an utterly fantastic teacher.

Some students ask for me by name; others can't stand me.

Old June 1st, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Richard writes:

So then why did you waste your time learning it?

I didn't. I don't normally use slang, nor do I bother to keep up with
it.

Old June 1st, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

The Reid writes:

if you don't mind appearing out of touch.

No matter what slang you learn, you will always appear out of touch to
the very vast majority of the world if you use it.

Old June 1st, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Richard writes:

So then why did you waste your time learning it?

I didn't. I don't normally use slang, nor do I bother to
keep up with it.

So you were born knowing the meaning of the word natch. Interesting.

Richard

Old June 1st, 2006, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

****wit's a term of endearment in the 6th North Sussex Tone.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mxsmanic wrote:

The Reid writes:

if you don't mind appearing out of touch.

No matter what slang you learn, you will always appear out of touch to
the very vast majority of the world if you use it.

And you do it without learning slang. Fantastic!