A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » Australia & New Zealand
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
sharx35
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 803
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.



wrote in message
...
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 06:07:21 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:



wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:47:49 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

.. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:17:07 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:
[msge snipped & rec.travel.australia+nz deleted]

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added. See below as to why. Please don't
break it again, at least not for this sub-thread. Thanks.]

It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.

Hi Cath! Long time no 'see'! We have this hate/love thingie going on,
don't we? We trash eachother, unless someone else trashes either of us,
then one comes to the rescue of the other. Weird, but kinda nice.

Anyway, care to explain *why* you think it had no business in
australia+nz to begin with? *I* *said* why I thought it was justified to
crosspost. Just - implicitly - saying "You're wrong!", without
explaining why, doesn't cut it.

IME/IMO, stripping groups most of the time creates more problems
than
it 'solves', and stripping without saying so is nearly always
inappropriate.

FWIW, *my* rule is that I don't strip groups, unless they are
*totally
and utterly* inappropriate, *and*, if and when I do, I leave all
groups
in the Newsgroups: line intact and strip only in the Followup-To:
line,
*and* *say so* in my text. In that way, nobody is taken by surprise.
(That is how Newsgroups:/Followup-To: should be used.)

Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.

Again: *What* is "no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz" and *why*?

Cath

Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....


Like many Euros, Frank thinks that HE knows best.


You Misunderstood Sharx35.

I was referring to the "Net Cop" Cath................

The controller of "rec.travel.aus+nz...............


Whatever, Tony, whatever. Net cops come in many nationalities...most share
the "control freak" mentality that MANY LIEbrawls have.



  #112  
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 275
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Sharx35 wrote:

wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:47:49 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

.. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:17:07 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:
[msge snipped & rec.travel.australia+nz deleted]

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added. See below as to why. Please don't
break it again, at least not for this sub-thread. Thanks.]

It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.

Hi Cath! Long time no 'see'! We have this hate/love thingie going on,
don't we? We trash eachother, unless someone else trashes either of us,
then one comes to the rescue of the other. Weird, but kinda nice.

Anyway, care to explain *why* you think it had no business in
australia+nz to begin with? *I* *said* why I thought it was justified to
crosspost. Just - implicitly - saying "You're wrong!", without
explaining why, doesn't cut it.

IME/IMO, stripping groups most of the time creates more problems than
it 'solves', and stripping without saying so is nearly always
inappropriate.

FWIW, *my* rule is that I don't strip groups, unless they are
*totally
and utterly* inappropriate, *and*, if and when I do, I leave all groups
in the Newsgroups: line intact and strip only in the Followup-To: line,
*and* *say so* in my text. In that way, nobody is taken by surprise.
(That is how Newsgroups:/Followup-To: should be used.)

Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.

Again: *What* is "no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz" and *why*?

Cath


Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....


Like many Euros, Frank thinks that HE knows best.


And you saying that to *Tony*, exactly *why*?

But to 'please' you: No, I never think that I know *best*. In some or
perhaps even many cases, I not just *think* I know, but I *know* I know
(but not "best", which is a stupid concept, which apparently only
obnoxious anonymous jerks believe in).

So how about you, when will you try the "think" bit? (The "know" bit
is for the next round.)
  #113  
Old December 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 275
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Sharx35 wrote:
[...]

Like many Euros, Frank ....


Our dear friend has used the "Euro" - what I *thought* to be -
'insult', many times before. At first, I found it not insulting at all,
only rather unimaginative and non-funny, i.e. rather on par with my
expectations. But I did not realize what he *obviously* *really* meant!
I'm so sorry for being so slow on the uptake, and thank you very much
for your ever so kind compliment!
  #115  
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 275
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

.. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:43:55 +0100, Frank Slootweg wrote:

.. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:49:44 +0900, wrote:

[...]
.. wrote:

[...]
It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.

[...]
[...]
Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Cath

Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....

Who said I had been away eh?

Ever heard of a thing called R - E - S - P - E - C - T Tony?
Maybe you should look it up sometime..

Cath


And *your* motivation to strip rec.travel.australia+nz *is*? Afraid
that Tony might actually *see* your response? Cowardice isn't very
R - E - S - P - E - C - T - F - U - L, is it Cath?


Because as you well know taking into account your years around Usenet
and your self proclamation of being an Administrator etc, your posting
had no place in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Are you having a 'senior moment' by any chance?


No, but apparently *you* had, *twice*. *I explained why* I crossposted
and *asked you why* you think it didn't belong in australia+nz. You
didn't answer, so apparently you *have* no answer/reason. Wouldn't be
the first time.

So what you didn't go to Aussie this time and went to the US instead.
Like the world revolves around your travels.


Maybe not, but it surely doesn't revolve around your reading,
comprehension and writing problems.

Anyway, you could have fooled me, but I swear my newsreader mumbled
something about "travel" in the Newsgroups: line! Bloody UNIX stuff,
- apparently - full of bugs!

BTW, one *can't* "go to Aussie", ask any 'Ozzie'.

Maybe I should start posting my travels within the US and beyond in
rec.travel.australia+nz.
I bet there would quickly be an outcry from a couple of people eh.


If you had no reason, yes. *I* had one and *gave it*. Bummer heh,
those annoying things called "facts"!?

As for being 'afraid that might see my response'. Cowardice? That
has to be the dumbest statement you have made in a long time Frank!


Again, you don't say *why* you think it's dumb. Stamping-of-little-feet
is not a particularly strong argument. Actually it's not one at all.

Tony is a 'loud mouth Aussie' i.e. mouths off but offers extremely
little to the ng in the way of assistance to those seeking help.


Then why, just a few hours ago, did you ask him to *help*, *twice*!

Cath

  #117  
Old December 20th, 2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 91
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:26:26 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

.. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:43:55 +0100, Frank Slootweg wrote:

.. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:49:44 +0900, wrote:
[...]
.. wrote:
[...]
It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.
[...]
[...]
Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Cath

Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....

Who said I had been away eh?

Ever heard of a thing called R - E - S - P - E - C - T Tony?
Maybe you should look it up sometime..

Cath

And *your* motivation to strip rec.travel.australia+nz *is*? Afraid
that Tony might actually *see* your response? Cowardice isn't very
R - E - S - P - E - C - T - F - U - L, is it Cath?


Because as you well know taking into account your years around Usenet
and your self proclamation of being an Administrator etc, your posting
had no place in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Are you having a 'senior moment' by any chance?


No, but apparently *you* had, *twice*. *I explained why* I crossposted
and *asked you why* you think it didn't belong in australia+nz. You
didn't answer, so apparently you *have* no answer/reason. Wouldn't be
the first time.

So what you didn't go to Aussie this time and went to the US instead.
Like the world revolves around your travels.


Maybe not, but it surely doesn't revolve around your reading,
comprehension and writing problems.

Anyway, you could have fooled me, but I swear my newsreader mumbled
something about "travel" in the Newsgroups: line! Bloody UNIX stuff,
- apparently - full of bugs!

BTW, one *can't* "go to Aussie", ask any 'Ozzie'.

Maybe I should start posting my travels within the US and beyond in
rec.travel.australia+nz.
I bet there would quickly be an outcry from a couple of people eh.


If you had no reason, yes. *I* had one and *gave it*. Bummer heh,
those annoying things called "facts"!?

As for being 'afraid that might see my response'. Cowardice? That
has to be the dumbest statement you have made in a long time Frank!


Again, you don't say *why* you think it's dumb. Stamping-of-little-feet
is not a particularly strong argument. Actually it's not one at all.

Tony is a 'loud mouth Aussie' i.e. mouths off but offers extremely
little to the ng in the way of assistance to those seeking help.


Thanks for that Cath, you are a real trollop !!

Then why, just a few hours ago, did you ask him to *help*, *twice*!

Cath


  #118  
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 91
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:05:08 -0600,
.. wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:14:37 +0900, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:26:26 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

. . wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:43:55 +0100, Frank Slootweg wrote:

.. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:49:44 +0900,
wrote:
[...]
.. wrote:
[...]
It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.
[...]
[...]
Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Cath

Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....

Who said I had been away eh?

Ever heard of a thing called R - E - S - P - E - C - T Tony?
Maybe you should look it up sometime..

Cath

And *your* motivation to strip rec.travel.australia+nz *is*? Afraid
that Tony might actually *see* your response? Cowardice isn't very
R - E - S - P - E - C - T - F - U - L, is it Cath?

Because as you well know taking into account your years around Usenet
and your self proclamation of being an Administrator etc, your posting
had no place in rec.travel.australia+nz.
Are you having a 'senior moment' by any chance?

No, but apparently *you* had, *twice*. *I explained why* I crossposted
and *asked you why* you think it didn't belong in australia+nz. You
didn't answer, so apparently you *have* no answer/reason. Wouldn't be
the first time.

So what you didn't go to Aussie this time and went to the US instead.
Like the world revolves around your travels.

Maybe not, but it surely doesn't revolve around your reading,
comprehension and writing problems.

Anyway, you could have fooled me, but I swear my newsreader mumbled
something about "travel" in the Newsgroups: line! Bloody UNIX stuff,
- apparently - full of bugs!

BTW, one *can't* "go to Aussie", ask any 'Ozzie'.

Maybe I should start posting my travels within the US and beyond in
rec.travel.australia+nz.
I bet there would quickly be an outcry from a couple of people eh.

If you had no reason, yes. *I* had one and *gave it*. Bummer heh,
those annoying things called "facts"!?

As for being 'afraid that might see my response'. Cowardice? That
has to be the dumbest statement you have made in a long time Frank!

Again, you don't say *why* you think it's dumb. Stamping-of-little-feet
is not a particularly strong argument. Actually it's not one at all.

Tony is a 'loud mouth Aussie' i.e. mouths off but offers extremely
little to the ng in the way of assistance to those seeking help.


Thanks for that Cath, you are a real trollop !!


You're welcome!
Truth hurt does it?
Take a look at your own posting history if you don't believe it....

Cath


No problems there Cath.

Googled my name for posts and google comes up with a total of around
220 posts to various newsgroups, rec.travel.australai+nz being one of
them.

The only real supposed loud mouthing I can see is when I have to
reply to one of your nonsensical diatribes about how you control, and
are the net cop moderator supposedly for this newsgroup.

As they say :-

"Have a nice Day"

...

Then why, just a few hours ago, did you ask him to *help*, *twice*!

Cath


  #120  
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
John Kulp
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,535
Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:43:04 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan
wrote:

Frank Slootweg wrote:


It's North America, but if the information is uninteresting, feel free
to ignore it.


I think the Canucks (sp?) would probably take offense at the "North
America" classification! :-)


Not at all. "North America" is merely a geographical designation. Their
trade and economies are very closely linked in many ways, including
their cellphone services.


And includes Mexico as well, which doesn't link its cellphone
services.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nice Hostels, Cheap Nice Hostels, Reserve a Hostel in Nice, CraigslistHostels.org Albert Europe 0 May 2nd, 2007 04:41 AM
Morocco ... Nice Sunny Country ... Hospitality ... Intelligent People ... !! is one of the Best Destination. [email protected] Europe 1 May 11th, 2006 06:17 AM
Nice hotel in Helsinki for nice price? Jens Jakob Andersen Europe 21 October 10th, 2003 03:59 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.