3 weeks from Montreal to Florida and retour

Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:29 PM
Christian

Default 3 weeks from Montreal to Florida and retour

Hi all,

I am planning to go by car in my vacation up to Florida, after 15 May,
for 3 weeks, just me and my wife, no kids.
It is our first trip to Florida. We don't plan to spend all the time
in Florida, but also visiting other places between Montreal and
Florida.
I would like to have your suggestions as places you recommend to
visit. I already did a trip to New York and Boston, so this time I
would like to visit Washington, Philadelphia and others places. We
will looking for accommodation at motels during the trip and in
Florida we have reservation for 5 days (Daytona and Orlando). My
questions would be:
What exactly would you recommend to visit for a trip in this time of
year? What would you suggest to visit at Orlando and Daytona? What
about Carolina states and others.
Please feel free to add your comments.

Thank you,
Chris

Old May 17th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Roger B.

"Christian" wrote...
I am planning to go by car in my vacation up to Florida,
after 15 May, for 3 weeks, just me and my wife, no kids.
It is our first trip to Florida. We don't plan to spend all the time
in Florida, but also visiting other places between Montreal and
Florida. snip
What exactly would you recommend to visit for a trip in this
time of year? What would you suggest to visit at Orlando and
Daytona? What about Carolina states and others.

This is a huge topic. But to give you my top choices:
1. Hershey, PA -- for anyone who likes chocolate.
2. Washington, DC -- As many Smithsonian & other Museums
and memorials on the Mall as possible.
3. Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. Diversion: NC outer banks.
4. Charleston, SC -- Old plantation houses on Ashley Riv. Dr.
Carriage ride downtown. USS Yorktown.
5. Near Daytona -- tour Kennedy Space Center.
6. Near Orlando -- The biggies: WDW's Magic Kingdom, Epcot
& Pleasure Island (at night) & Universal Studios.
[Rog']