Map of Western Australia with Texas, England inserted

Old January 20th, 2005, 03:14 PM
treaders

Default Map of Western Australia with Texas, England inserted

Hello,

Several years ago I saw a map of Western Australia (WA) in a service
station (gas station) window that showed WA with various countries and
states of the world inserted into it, e.g. to demonstrate how large WA
is.

This particular map included Texas, England together with other
countries/states.

If you have seen this map (with Texas included) or know where to
purchase it could you please let me know?

Regards,
Ben

Old January 21st, 2005, 12:11 AM
David Springthorpe

On 20 Jan 2005 07:14:24 -0800, "treaders" wrote:

Hello,

Several years ago I saw a map of Western Australia (WA) in a service
station (gas station) window that showed WA with various countries and
states of the world inserted into it, e.g. to demonstrate how large WA
is.

This particular map included Texas, England together with other
countries/states.

If you have seen this map (with Texas included) or know where to
purchase it could you please let me know?

WA already has enough strange individuals within it's borders without including
those from Texas.....

DS
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:41 AM
Ross

The only map like that I have seen is of all of Oz with an overlay of :

Texas, Japan, Great Britain and Ireland, New Zealand and Germany.

Actually, all of the above would fit comfortably inside WA.

I purchased the map from the Visitors Centre in Tamworth NSW some years ago.
The map is entitled "Australia! A BIG country".

The Centre doubles as the town's Interstate Bus Terminal.

Tamworth Information Centre
Visitors information centre

Telephone: +61 2 6755 4300
Address: 561 Peel Street, TAMWORTH, NSW, 2340

The map cost me AUD7.50 about 8 or 9 years ago.

Ross

ps.com...

Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
Lyn

http://www.growingaware.com.au/My%20Travels%20Map.HTM
http://www.multiline.com.au/~donor/spanish.html

Old January 23rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Spammy Sammy

"Lyn" lynbrock @ optusnet.com.au (remove spaces) wrote in message
u...
http://www.growingaware.com.au/My%20Travels%20Map.HTM
http://www.multiline.com.au/~donor/spanish.html

Interesting maps. Thanks for the link.

Old January 24th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Tom Johnstone

Lyn wrote:
http://www.growingaware.com.au/My%20Travels%20Map.HTM
http://www.multiline.com.au/~donor/spanish.html

Unfortunately, the second one claims that the population of WA is 19
million. That is actually the population of the whole of Australia.
Current population of WA is only 1,883,900 (about 1.25 million of whom
live in the Perth metropolitan area).

Tom