prague to paris overland

Old June 11th, 2005, 11:41 PM
niz

Default prague to paris overland

hi,

what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it? speed is not
important to me... what route to take? any interesting stopovers along
the way? how many days would it take?

thanks!

-- reply-to address is invalid, please reply-to-group instead
-- for personal replies use snowblood (at) bigfoot (dot) com

Old June 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM

"what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it?"

Best: Train
Cheapest: Eurolines Bus

"speed is not important to me... what route to take? any interesting
stopovers along the way? how many days would it take?"

Paris - Interlaken - Salzburg - Venice - Vienna - Prague

How many days it would take depends on how long you want to spend in
the stopover cities.

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Thomas

wrote in message
oups.com...
"what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it?"

Best: Train
Cheapest: Eurolines Bus

You would have to pay me dearly to get me to sit on a Eurolines bus between
aris and Prague.

"speed is not important to me... what route to take? any interesting
stopovers along the way? how many days would it take?"

Paris - Interlaken - Salzburg - Venice - Vienna - Prague

or
Paris - Munich -Saltzburg - Vienna - Prague
Venice is a little out of the way.

How many days it would take depends on how long you want to spend in
the stopover cities.

The fastest way would probably be Paris - Frankfurt - Prague, about 17-18
hours.

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Kristian

"Thomas" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
"what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it?"

Best: Train
Cheapest: Eurolines Bus

You would have to pay me dearly to get me to sit on a Eurolines bus between
aris and Prague.

Amen to that. I ´ve done Copenhagen-Paris once on an overnight
Eurolines bus - worst travel experience ever.

Kristian
Old June 12th, 2005, 10:01 AM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Thomas" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
oups.com...
"what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it?"

Best: Train
Cheapest: Eurolines Bus

You would have to pay me dearly to get me to sit on a Eurolines bus
between aris and Prague.

Me to, be we are answering the OP's question not expressing a
personal choice.

Given that the question he asked realistically could only receive
three possible answers (bus or train or car - I don't think a river
ferry is viable for the route) we can assume that he is happy in
principle to go by bus.

Do you have a specific not to use Eurolines other than "because
it is a bus"? (because I think that you don't)

tim

Old June 12th, 2005, 01:21 PM

This is forward. You make it reverse.

15 days Paris to Prague

Paris, Bruges, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Prague,
medieval castles This trip has it all it's fast, furious and hits all
the 'in' spots. Checking out the scene where it's actually happening at
the moment, this trip will keep you on your toes with activities, up
close cultural connections and thought provoking history. From climbing
the Eiffel Tower and exploring Prague Castle to shopping for amber and
relaxing in the beer gardens of Berlin, this is an awesome introduction
to Western Europe.

Days 1-2 Paris Time in the French capital is always well spent. We see
and do as much as possible before starting off on our new adventure.
Climb the Eiffel Tower, head underground into the Catacombs or explore
the city's fabulous Latin Quarter.

Day 3 Bruges Bring on the cheese and chocolate as we rock into Belgium,
washing it all down with the world's largest variety of beer! Get lost
in the city and take the opportunity to explore the narrow streets by
bike.

Days 4-5 Amsterdam The travelling community congregates in Amsterdam to
let their hair down and we are no exception. Wander along the canals
and check out Van Gogh Museum.

Days 6-7 Hamburg Continuing our European adventure, we catch up on the
gentrified Reeperbahn and have time to tour the 647-room Altstadt Hall.

Days 8-9 Berlin The largest German city has the most to offer, both in
history and nightlife. Sombre historical places such as Checkpoint
Charlie and lively modern beer gardens present a fabulous contrast that
takes all of our time here to digest.

Day 10 Warsaw We check out the completely rebuilt Polish capital and
admire the determination reflected in the handiwork of thousands. Walk
to the Royal Palace and wander through museums and parks.

Days 11-13 Krakow We get a sombre dose of history on a day trip to
Oswiecim (Auschwitz), then have time to roam the composed streets of
Krakow. Explore the old part of town, visit St Mary's Church, shop for
amber and check out the Cloth Hall and impressive Wawel Cathedral.

Days 14-15 Prague This magnificent fairytale city will enchant you.
There is sure to be many great photo opporunities at the spectular
Prague Castle and on the character-filled Charles Bridge, often crowded
with art market stalls and colourful buskers.

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/white/...8a95fbf15fb397

Old June 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Lennart Petersen

"niz" skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
hi,

what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it? speed is not
important to me... what route to take? any interesting stopovers along
the way? how many days would it take?

thanks!

By rail is the best option I think. A route over
Nürnberg,Stuttgart,Strasbourg is the most straight connection. Others
have advised Vienna,Salzburg they're nice destinations but it's a detour
adding up the price for the trip.
Think Nürnberg and Strasbourg are two good places for a stop enroute.

Old June 13th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Lennart Petersen

"Hatunen" skrev i meddelandet
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:40:24 GMT, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:

"niz" skrev i meddelandet
groups.com...
hi,

what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it? speed is not
important to me... what route to take? any interesting stopovers along
the way? how many days would it take?

thanks!

By rail is the best option I think. A route over
Nürnberg,Stuttgart,Strasbourg is the most straight connection. Others
have advised Vienna,Salzburg they're nice destinations but it's a detour
adding up the price for the trip.
Think Nürnberg and Strasbourg are two good places for a stop enroute.

The DeutscheBahn schedules show Prague to Paris can be done in
13:31 with changes at Dresden and Frankfurt or in 12:50 with
changes in Nuernberg and Koeln (the last change being to Thalys).

Faster but not shorter. You're paying more for the longer distance and the
premium trains ICE and Thalys.

Old June 13th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Hatunen

== ALL COMMENTS IMO ==

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:25:06 +0100, "Thomas" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
"what is the best/cheapest way to get from prague to paris, not by air,
and what is the easiest way to go about arranging it?"

Best: Train
Cheapest: Eurolines Bus

You would have to pay me dearly to get me to sit on a Eurolines bus between
aris and Prague.

"speed is not important to me... what route to take? any interesting
stopovers along the way? how many days would it take?"

Paris - Interlaken - Salzburg - Venice - Vienna - Prague

or
Paris - Munich -Saltzburg - Vienna - Prague
Venice is a little out of the way.

They're all a little out of the way when the original question
was Prague - Paris.