Recommendations for Rose Parade/Rose Bowl packages?

Old May 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Recommendations for Rose Parade/Rose Bowl packages?

There are a bunch of companies selling packages for sets for the Rose Parade
and tickets for the Rose Bowl. Has anyone had a good (or bad) experience
with an agency/company selling packages? I hate to just throw a dart and
pick one of these companies out of the blue.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Old May 10th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Dick Snyder wrote:

There are a bunch of companies selling packages for sets for the Rose Parade
and tickets for the Rose Bowl. Has anyone had a good (or bad) experience
with an agency/company selling packages? I hate to just throw a dart and
pick one of these companies out of the blue.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

I have a fair amount of experience with the event but not with the
packages alas. The major thing to watch for is what kind of transfer
they offer from the parade site to the game. The transfer is not easy.
A related point is that the earlier in the parade route that their
bleachers are located the easier the transfer will be. The prime
location appears to be the turn from Orange Grove to Colorado. The
closer that they are the better.

You also should watch what & when they feed you. Food on that day can
be a problem. If you have a car & some tim the next day you should
visit the park where they put the floats after the parade and get an up
close look.

Old May 10th, 2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

In article ,
Dick Snyder wrote:
There are a bunch of companies selling packages for sets for the Rose Parade
and tickets for the Rose Bowl. Has anyone had a good (or bad) experience
with an agency/company selling packages? I hate to just throw a dart and
pick one of these companies out of the blue.

Are you looking at the packages on the official Tournament of Roses
website? If so, I'd have no hesitation about those. But those are
ticket/hotel/tour packages, which may be more than you want.

I can't speak to other companies that are offering parade/football
ticket packages. When my friends and I went in 2004, we ordered
grandstand tickets from the parade's official vendor, Sharp Seating.
But they don't offer game tickets.

Do you belong to an auto association? I'll bet they have packages
available.

Have a great time at the parade! If you've only ever seen it on
television, you won't believe how much more stunning the floats
are in person. Be sure to visit the float barns in the days before
the parade, and the exhibition of the floats afterwards.

Patty