Frugal Hawaii vacation?

Old April 13th, 2004, 09:23 AM
alohacyberian

Default Frugal Hawaii vacation?

wrote in message
We did a frugal Oahu trip in 1999 from Fl with great success.

Got a package from Pleasant Hawaiin Holidays that included car, hotel,
and airfare from San Francisco for 7 nights in July for about $450pp.
We stayed at the Aston Island Colony Hotel about 4 blocks from the
beach, but, on the canal. Had great views of Diamond Head, city, canal,
and the beach. Rooftop pool, laundry, restaurant (didn't use though).
Room was had an efficiency kitchenette with a fridge, stove top,
microwave, bath, bedroom, and balcony. We could walk to everything
easily and had younger kids along. There are a lot of fast food and
cheap food in Waikki and lots of inexpensive things to do (along with
some expensive things if you are so inclined). We really did not need
the car as there was good bus service.

We purchased our own air to San Francisco for $150 pp and enjoyed a week
there prior to leaving on our Hawaiian Package just because we had the
time.

Reseach Oahu and Waikii and be informed of all the free and/or cheap
activities such as the weekly Kodak Hula show, free entertainment in the
Marketplace, hiking Diamond Head, swimming, Pearl Harbor, etc. With
some research you can pull this trip off very nicely for under $2000.

If you do stay in Waikiki and have cooking facilities, DO NOT buy groceries
from the Food Pantry (one is on Kuhio avenue and the other over by the Hale
Kalani, I think) as their prices are about double the supermarkets outside
Waikiki. The Bus goes past Safeway on Beretania where the prices are more
reasonable, especially if you have a Safeway card. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old April 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Got a package from Pleasant Hawaiin Holidays that included car, hotel,
and airfare from San Francisco for 7 nights in July for about $450pp.

Great deal scoutdreams!!

I will check it out....and thanks for the specific advice!

Ive gotten a lot of advice to use Pleasant Holidays.....so I will give
them in depth looksee
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
mimi

wrote in message

Ive gotten a lot of advice to use Pleasant Holidays.....so I will give
them in depth looksee

However, I'd hate for you to visit Hawaii and only go to Waikiki or even
just Honolulu. Try to get to at least one of the other islands or the less
populated parts of Oahu.

Marianne

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:29 PM

However, I'd hate for you to visit Hawaii and only go to Waikiki or even
just Honolulu. Try to get to at least one of the other islands or the less
populated parts of Oahu.

Marianne

Well we would like to..... but I just don't know if the
budget will allow it

Will "think" on it tho
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:10 PM
alohacyberian

wrote in message
However, I'd hate for you to visit Hawaii and only go to Waikiki or even
just Honolulu. Try to get to at least one of the other islands or the less
populated parts of Oahu.

Marianne

Well we would like to..... but I just don't know if the
budget will allow it

Will "think" on it tho

You can get outside the Honolulu-Waikiki area by taking the circle island bus
which takes you to the North Shore where and windward sides of the island for
only $2.00 per person. You can visit beaches like the one at Waimea Bay or
wander around in old Haleiwa town.

You are invited to visit my Oahu webpage where you can click on "The Bus"
link to see all the places the city bus travels and learn about bus passes
at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vOahu.html - KM

Old April 17th, 2004, 06:50 PM
workinggirl

" You are invited to visit my Oahu webpage where you can click on "The
Bus"

That's only thing thats work. The others are not avail.

Old April 18th, 2004, 10:00 AM
alohacyberian

"workinggirl" wrote in message
.nl...

" You are invited to visit my Oahu webpage where you can click on "The
Bus"

That's only thing thats work. The others are not avail.

Apparently some of the links are not working, most, though are. I will make
corrections as soon as time permits and thank you very much for the tip! KM